Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2004, 11:22 PM   #46
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Geez... I'd better not race with my kids in the car! My wife won't give me sex!!!

Hey.... That's problably why she won't let me buy them helmets to take them autocrossing!!! Aha...The female mind - EXPLAINED!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:22 AM   #47
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidM5
[b]that's pretty amazing. i don't think i know any woman that would look kindly on those sorts of actions.

Yup, that's why I married her.

either way you slice it racing with your kids is moronic.

Hey thanks for your opinion, remember I did not ask for you opinion.

as for your stellar driving record.. who cares? i've never been in a crash and i'm much more high risk than you (on paper).
Just how long have you been driving?
How long ago did you get a ticket?

This tread is getting wayyyy off topic, let's just kill it here.

Oh, BTW, Bigore, F U.
You are, without a doubt, the most immature 44 year old I've ever encountered.

So, how bad does the sunburn get with that thin skin of yours? Damn, I'm pretty sure we could count blood cells pumping by if we took a close enough look at you. For being 44, you apparently seem to require the support and admiration of a group of people largely 18-21; struggling to find your own identity I see. You seem to enjoy bragging to a group of impressionable young drivers, but when some of them call you on what ridiculous behaviour you demonstrate, you whine that you didn't ask for any opinions. Can't have it both ways bud....either you're the man, and you can hack the opinions, or you're a pussy, and you can't. You've obviously demonstrated the latter.

Yet somehow, I think you would have been gladly dancing around the bedroom, with your pot-belly hanging over your tighty-whities, bragging to your wife about what a stud you are, had everyone on here glad-handed you about your great *kill*.

As to your wife being perfectly cool with you street racing, then she's patently as stupid as you are. Now I REALLY feel sorry for your children. That is, assuming you ACTUALLY told her what you did. Somehow, I highly doubt she's heard the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Again, if you actually fail to realize how reckless your actions were, then I'll highly suggest you get off this board, and go find some more appropriate sandbox to play in. If you were hoping for respect and admiration for your behaviour, you were sadly mistaken. You won't find it here.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:38 AM   #48
Castel
4th Gear Member

i agree with the above post.

i'm having a hard time understanding that someone that is 44 can be so thick. i'm 21 and less retarded than this. **** man, learn some respect. i won't even speed with my chick in the car b/c of what might happen. blah blah blah.. call me a pussy. at the end of the day i've got shit all to worry about.

the comment about ppl being jealous about his success (without knowing the other ppl) and more importantly, the racing with his kids just blows my mind.

as mentioned, i guess some just need to brag, even if it is moronic.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 AM   #49
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Brag??? I think the M5 lost the race..if you read the thread carefully. I mean the parts about the "RACE"...like the forum title "NEED FOR SPEED"...not "Wife's risk tolerance of children's lives by husband/uncle"

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #50
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

ahh boys,

let him go 200kph with 4kids in the car, he`s got his own mind.

but if something bad ever happens and he is the only one to survive, he`ll have a long time to think it over in jail. and then an eternity after death. No skin off our backs.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:51 AM   #51
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbore
ahh boys,

let him go 200kph with 4kids in the car, he`s got his own mind.

but if something bad ever happens and he is the only one to survive, he`ll have a long time to think it over in jail. and then an eternity after death. No skin off our backs.
The big reason I rail against this is because it's not just him, or for that matter, even just his kids at risk. It's everybody else on the road with him, and with the guy he's racing against.

What worries me is when David, or somebody like him, loses it while *street racing*, and then wipes out somebody walking down the street; somebody who had absolutely nothing to do with street racing, and couldn't expect or anticipate the incident that was about to occur.

For being 44 years old, he damn well should know better. I expect (though absolutely do not condone) this behaviour from 21 year olds. I certainly don't expect it from someone middle-aged, with not only his children in the car, but his nephew as well.

Pat
Old 07-28-2004, 11:05 AM   #52
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

You guys are a sorry bunch of hypocrites

hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney, pretender]

Remember I do not do this all the time.
I know when to draw the line if it should get out of hand.

That's why I tucked in and braked behind the M3 instead of passing him and putting my family at greater risk.
(Some kids may have passed him just to prove a point and that would have been risky.)

With a 400hp car, getting a speeding ticket is just a throttle stomp away.
BUT, my last ticket was 8 years ago. (a minor one for 15 over)

But facts are facts, my driving record still stands at 27 years and over 1 million kms of accident free driving.

How many people here can make that claim?

Last edited by DavidM5; 07-28-2004 at 11:21 AM.
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #53
Castel
4th Gear Member

your driving record means nothing in this matter nothing (mine is clean btw).

and how am i a hypocrite? i don't race with my kids (i don't have any). hell, i don't even speed with ppl in the car.

when i do hit the gas it's just outside my neighborhood on a dark country road. the risk of me killing anyone other than myself is quite lower than you racing in midday traffic.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:29 PM   #54
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Castel
your driving record means nothing in this matter nothing (mine is clean btw). when i do hit the gas it's just outside my neighborhood on a dark country road. the risk of me killing anyone other than myself is quite lower than you racing in midday traffic.
and how am i a hypocrite? i don't race with my kids (i don't have any). hell, i don't even speed with ppl in the car.

The issue here is speeding. you admitted in an earlier post that you do speed. If you don't kill some one in your own car you could kill someone in another car.

Clean record? Good for you!
How many years have you been driving? 3-4 only?
Let's see in 27 years what your record is.

It was sunday afternoon traffic and traffic was very, very light at that moment. We only passed one car during the run.

Let's kill this wayyyy off topic issue.

I've got a business to run and $ to make.....than to spend time with this BS......L8R

Last edited by DavidM5; 07-28-2004 at 01:32 PM.
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #55
Castel
4th Gear Member

heh. i like how you have to slip in the fact that your well off.

that's cute.

you're still a peasent in my eyes.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #56
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Quote:

Remember I do not do this all the time.

And your point is? Here's mine: frequency is irrelevant. Tim McVeigh only blew up a building once. Doesn't make it okay either.

Quote:

I know when to draw the line if it should get out of hand.

No. You don't. How could you? Going at 180 on a public street? Grandma Stevens pulls out of a parking lot 50 feet in front of you. It's too late to "draw the line".

And please learn to use the quote option properly.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:04 PM   #57
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

The preaching and lecturing at this point is becoming tired. I would never drive like that with kids in the car but thats me and funny how everyone hardly mentions that there was another car involved racing. Further, the forum Need for Speed crosses both fences when it comes to what is perceived wrong or right, legal or illegal, so if his kids werent in the car than I guess you could come down on him for endangering other people.
Racing on the street is something I would not condone but how many of the kill stories in this forum are carried out on the street. If the majority of people are against street racing than why does this Need for Speed forum exist. There's a high probability that the same people that complain about street racing have themselves sped on the street at one time or another.
WhadUpp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:51 AM   #58
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

While I've certainly stated my disdain for street racing, the idea of a 'Need for Speed' forum isn't necessarily a bad thing.

For example, several Max members are regular attendees at BMW Club autocross events (in fact, Maxbimmer has become one of the predominant sources of new auto-x'ers within the BMW Club).

Several Max members have started to explore BMW Club (among other) driving schools. This could also be considered a 'Need for Speed' type event.

And finally, several of us race in BMW Club Racing, and regional road racing.

If the forum were entitled 'Kill Stories', then I'd have a serious problem with it. But I do like to take hits off the 'go-fast crack pipe', it just happens that I do mine legitimately.

As to DavidM5 and his repeated efforts to justify his position to several of us, well, it's too bad that he's given up. I sincerely had hoped that he might have seen the light, and at least admitted that his stunt was idiotic. I would have held some modicum of respect for him under those conditions. However, he's an idiot, his stunt was idiotic, and everybody here knows it, except for him.

Unfortunately, he's the type who gives BMW drivers a bad name.

Pat
Old 07-29-2004, 01:59 AM   #59
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

wuhuuu
i guess like, there will be no more kill stories, or get kill stories on the street on need for speed section
Old 07-29-2004, 02:38 AM   #60
rollee
3rd Gear Member

if you drive ~250kh daily like D-m5, you will understand he's one extremely unique individual. does anyone do over 200 once a month perhaps? he has a huge heart with balls to match. does any one you know have advance skills to handle a vehicle big or small? and patiently teaches you all the right moves?
if he wants he everybody here he would, but he's a very very nice guy, will even teach you how to do it the proper way if you ask nice.
people don't agree with him, but this is him.
yes he's down right crazy and anal, but funny and energetic as ever in person, though his actions are truly absurd to some, but its only good fun and spirit.
i wasn't there but it happens all the time, not the first and definitely wouldn't be the last. i doubt anyone will ever meet anyone like him regardless of age. ask him anything, whatsoever under the sun, but be nice. he will teach you.
trust me on the balls part.

Last edited by rollee; 07-29-2004 at 02:42 AM.
rollee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: