Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2004, 09:26 AM   #31
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidM5
Quoted by E302NV
"Grow up Pat"
"I can open the dictionary up and find a ton of definitions on a product as well. Fortunately for me I have better things to do. I would hope you have better things to do as well. It would be very sad if your life just consisted of sitting at a desk all day and arguing with kids and young adults"

AS you can see by E302NV's response to Pat's post above I'm not alone in thinking that you, Pat should grow up.

A 35 year old self-opinionated kid, my what a loser.

I will not lower myself to your level regarding your comment about my kids and their future but let's just say that you will never achieve what I have acheived in my life and my kids will have a much brighter future than you will ever imagine or enjoy.

Pat, as for your signature:-
"I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the Internet"
Boy oh boy, how true and sad how one's personality on the net reflects on them in real life.

GROW UP LOSER!

Ahhh....yes. I'm the guy who needs help from a 21 year old to defend his silly position in life. Oh wait, maybe not....that would be you. Funny how you would quote someone who was blatantly wrong (and ignorant) of their own *product* and was busy trying to sell that to other people. Perhaps you should read the rest of that thread to fully understand what was being said there. Of course, making logical, intelligent decisions doesn't seem to be what you're about.

I'm sorry, did I hurt your poor, 44 year old feelings by accusing you of being an assclown for STREET RACING? Guess what? Your feelings are about to get hurt again, ASSCLOWN!

See, this is where I have a tough time with the 'grow up' piece. One on side, we have a 44 year old man, with numerous trophies for Solo 1 and Solo 2, street racing in a 394 HP, $100,000+ car. On the other side, we have a 35 year old man, who drives a pickup truck to work each day, races cars on the weekends, teaches people high performance driving (for the BMW Club, among others...), and calls the 44 year old man an assclown for street racing. Let's poll some reasonable percentage of the general Toronto population, and see who they believe should 'grow up'. Wanna bet it's not me?

I hold no regrets about being called an asshole, for calling you out on your assclown driving. You've deliberately, and decidedly put your children's lives in danger with the way you drive, yet you defend that position because of your 'supposed' MadZ drIvINg SkiLLz Yo!'. I'm afraid you're the one who needs to grow up; you're a hazard to your children, and a hazard to the other drivers on city streets around you.

As to what I've accomplished in life, and you're comparing yourself to me? This from a guy who knows absolutely nothing about me? Sure, when losing an argument in which you admittedly did something stupid, THEN told everyone on the internet about it, you suddenly feel the need to make wild accusations about what I've accomplished in my life. Perhaps you're the one who needs to grow up, given that you're bragging about your accomplishments to a group of impressionable people on Maxbimmer, while I'm the one pointing out what idiotic accomplishments those are.

The major issue I have, is that I truly hope you're not on the streets when I'm out there, with, or without children around. Because I don't want you endangering my life, your children's lives, my children's lives, or for that matter, anyone's life.

You're an idiot for street racing, you're an idiot for posting your 'kill story' on the internet, and you're an idiot for defending that position to people who have called you out on it. You're an even bigger idiot for not seeing that this is a problem.

Please, remind us again about how you endangered the lives of your children....I'm sure your wife would love to hear about that story. Because that's exactly what you did. I hope Darwin comes to collect his prize one day, and I hope even more so that he doesn't take one of your children with him. You put them in a position where their lives were at risk, and they had no say in the situation, or the potential outcome.

As to your children's future, I truly do hope that they have a brighter future than I have. I wish nothing less on anyone's children, as I've had a great life to date, and it's only going to get better. As to your future, well, grow up sir, and remember that your children have less of a future without their father in it. And a father definitely has less of a future without his children in it.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:57 AM   #32
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Street racing at 180 with 4 kids in a car?

You should go to prison.

You had a nephew with you also? If my brother did that with my kids in the car, I'd kick his ass.

Repetedly.

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 07-27-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #33
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw
Street racing at 180 with 4 kids in a car?

You should go to prison.

You had a nephew with you also? If my brother did that with my kids in the car, I'd kick his ass.

Repetedly.
Bob,
As DavidM5 said, he is well qualified to do this, he has many Solo1 and Solo2 trophies to his name.
I'm just glad he wasn't in the war and won any medals, then he'd be telling us he should be allowed to carry a machine gun around also!

Here's a part from a previous post that I found interesting:

"She actually drives around quicker than me in our MDX and has 2 tickets to her name;( Mind you they are silly ones like 55 in a 40, 68 in a 50."

So according to DavidM5, doing 15 and 18 km/hr over the limit in a 40 and 50 km zone (that's about 38% over the speed limit in a residential area) is just silly stuff.

MarkD

Last edited by MarkD; 07-27-2004 at 10:20 AM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #34
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

Here's a part from a previous post that I found interesting:

"She actually drives around quicker than me in our MDX and has 2 tickets to her name;( Mind you they are silly ones like 55 in a 40, 68 in a 50."

So according to DavidM5, doing 15 and 18 km/hr over the limit in a 40 and 50 km zone (that's about 38% over the speed limit in a residential area) is just silly stuff.

MarkD [/b][/quote]

How many self rightous people here never ever speed? HONESTLY?

Next time you go driving on the 401 and exceed 100 Km/h or go down the street where you live and exceed 40 or 50 km/h, think about this post.

If you can answer that HONESTLY that you NEVER ever exceed the speed limit, then you perhaps can criticize others.

Whether you are going 5 over or 10 over or 30 over the limit means you are still breaking the law.

The statement about the silly tickets my wife got, if you got that ticket you would understand.

Do not telll me that you have never done 55 in a 40.

BTW, for the record how many people here have had NO tickets for the past 8 years and 27 years of accident free driving (I estimate that between all the cars Ihave owned to be more than 1 million kms)?

Also, why don't you all spend your time productively criticizing everybody on this board who has posted a 'kill' story about how reckless their driving is to the population.

I merely posted my experience with the M3 and wanted to share it here but did not expect to be flamed for doing so by a bunch of kids.

Last edited by DavidM5; 07-27-2004 at 12:22 PM.
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:54 PM   #35
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidM5

How many self rightous people here never ever speed? HONESTLY?

Next time you go driving on the 401 and exceed 100 Km/h or go down the street where you live and exceed 40 or 50 km/h, think about this post.

If you can answer that HONESTLY that you NEVER ever exceed the speed limit, then you perhaps can criticize others.

Whether you are going 5 over or 10 over or 30 over the limit means you are still breaking the law.

The statement about the silly tickets my wife got, if you got that ticket you would understand.

Do not telll me that you have never done 55 in a 40.

BTW, for the record how many people here have had NO tickets for the past 8 years and 27 years of accident free driving (I estimate that between all the cars Ihave owned to be more than 1 million kms)?

Also, why don't you all spend your time productively criticizing everybody on this board who has posted a 'kill' story about how reckless their driving is to the population.

I merely posted my experience with the M3 and wanted to share it here but did not expect to be flamed for doing so by a bunch of kids.

There are a couple of reasons why everybody jumped on you here, and I'm surprised you fail to see it.

One, this type of behaviour is expected from a 19 year old, not from a 44 year old. While we could all tilt against windmills and try to get every 19 year old to grow up ahead of their time, it's an unlikely process.

The thing that concerns me most about this is that you've missed the single, greatest responsibility of being a parent; that being the job of setting a good example for your children. Your actions have effectively taught them that street racing is a viable form of entertainment, and that they should feel free to do so, and feel free to boast about such actions on the internet.

So what will you do in 10-15 years time, when your children get into an *incident* street racing (even if that incident is merely a ticket)? I highly doubt you'll slap them on the back and say "Good Job!".

Nobody here is saying anything about speeding, and had you been driving at 100 km/h on the Allen, nobody here would have cared (despite it being an 80 km/h speed limit). Minor speeding isn't the issue; street racing is.

For what it's worth, I'd call you an assclown for driving at 180 km/h on the Allen Rd just as quickly as I would for street racing. If you want to exceed the speed limit by 20%, that doesn't make you any different than most cops in Toronto, and I won't hold that against you.

However, driving in excess of DOUBLE the posted speed limit, AND/OR street racing does show an extreme lack of judgement, especially with your children in the vehicle.

If you're expecting to have people congratulate you on your street racing skills, then you've come to the wrong place. Try posting stories like this on www.torontostreetracing.org, or something similar.

By the way, not everybody here is a 'kid'. Several Max members are regular attendees at BMW Club autocrosses, some are instructors for the Trillium Chapter (among other clubs), and many Max members are starting to explore driving schools and lapping days on a regular basis. Heck, some of us even race regionally, and in BMW Club racing. The entire point being, despite several members of Maxbimmer being young, many of them show FAR more responsibility than you have demonstrated. 27 years of driving doesn't mean that you're a better driver than many people here, and I'd be far more inclined to trust my life to some of these *kids* than I would trust you.

Pat

Last edited by GR8 Ride; 07-27-2004 at 01:06 PM.
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:15 PM   #36
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Blah Blah blah..

I thought this forum was about streetracing, not parenting!

Let my apply my engineering knowledge to analyse this....hmmm
Consider someone driving a car full of children pulling out onto Allen Road without looking, while an M5 and an M3 is cruising down at mach 3! M3 and M5 have no passengers..

For simplicity, let's assume all cars have equal mass. The impact force applied to the slow car is actually much greater than the faster moving M cars. Therefore the children would have been much safer in the faster moving M5.

Now, if either M car hits something more substantial, like a pole, or a truck, well...there is significantly more mass, and more force.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:27 PM   #37
windwagen
6th Gear Member

No, but since this thread has been hijacked by a bunch of cows laying BS all over it, I just wanted to add my pile too!

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
Old 07-27-2004, 03:17 PM   #38
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Man, you guys are something else. You prove that age and money do not necessarily bring maturity and respect for your responsibilities as parents.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:16 PM   #39
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Damn Right!

I am totally immature!! And my young children are bringing me down to thier level fast!!! nYAH Nyah na na Nyah Nyah

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
Old 07-27-2004, 05:20 PM   #40
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

LOL!! good one windwagen!!
Old 07-27-2004, 06:01 PM   #41
Castel
4th Gear Member

i have one question.

Did you tell your wife about this "kill"?
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:48 PM   #42
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

She knows about it.

I also showed her this msg board with the interesting reaction/responses.

I have a cool wife.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:48 PM   #43
Castel
4th Gear Member

that's pretty amazing. i don't think i know any woman that would look kindly on those sorts of actions.

either way you slice it racing with your kids is moronic.

as for your stellar driving record.. who cares? i've never been in a crash and i'm much more high risk than you (on paper).
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 08:22 PM   #44
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

lol how many kids did you have in the car 3-4?

leave the man alone then, he`s obviously pumping out more kids from his wife then he needs, so what if he loses a few here and there?! He`s gonna have a few more anyway!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 PM   #45
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

[b]that's pretty amazing. i don't think i know any woman that would look kindly on those sorts of actions.

Yup, that's why I married her.

either way you slice it racing with your kids is moronic.

Hey thanks for your opinion, remember I did not ask for you opinion.

as for your stellar driving record.. who cares? i've never been in a crash and i'm much more high risk than you (on paper).
Just how long have you been driving?
How long ago did you get a ticket?

This tread is getting wayyyy off topic, let's just kill it here.

Oh, BTW, Bigore, F U.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: