Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-20-2004, 11:52 PM   #16
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

Castel,
Dude, chill out!

This is a board for us bimmer fans to post/share our experiences with others bimmer fans.

While I do not condone my driving and do not recommend it to others, what I do not expect from others is their opinion of what I did.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
If I wanted an opinion, I would have asked for one.

Sure it may have been reckless behaviour but I did not at any point of my quick blast put myself or my family in any undue danger.
I know when to draw the line.
I guess that's what separates 44 year old driver with 27 years of accident free driving from a 21 year old.

I have had my fun on the racetrack (6 years-40 trophies) with what I would consider above average motor skills. (I got my pilot's licence at 19 and did my first solo flight after only 15 hours, which was a record during my time).

Like Windwagon posted before me, "Why would I want to listen to that garbage??" - well said Windwagon.

Do not be critical of others unless you are perfect yourself.
Do not tell me that you never ever exceed the speed limit.
Do not tell me that your friends with their modded cars never ever exceed the speed limit.

I've been around the block quite a few times in my 44 years.

I guess I'm still a big kid at heart and hope to stay that way.

Peace
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:00 AM   #17
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I think he's sore because his Lincoln keeps getting slammed by old men in 5 series ..hee hee

Sorry Castel..I couldn't keep it in Please forgive me!!!

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:09 AM   #18
Castel
4th Gear Member

i don't care that you have skill, experience, a pilots license. a stupid move is a stupid move.

you are correct, my friends often speed, i often speed. only i do it with no passengers at 3 in the morning on an empty striaght where i might slam into a telephone pole and likely injurying only myself.

as for the comment about getting rocked by someone older in a 5 series, it's true and i'm perfectly fine with that. for 21 owning an LS isn't bad. i love my car.

both of you own awesome cars and my argument had nothing to do with that.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #19
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Quote:
and my argument had nothing to do with that
I know...ha ha ... I'm just trying to break your ball! ha ha

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
Old 07-21-2004, 11:05 AM   #20
Castel
4th Gear Member

i love my car so good luck =)
Old 07-21-2004, 11:16 AM   #21
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

You know after reading this forum, I wonder why people always have doubts about others kill stories!? How do you know if he is not telling the truth, were you there? If not, then I don't think that you should be ruining someone's post. Be proud...it was a heavy load (5 series) vs a small load (3 series)...
p.s. I'm not being a smart ass or pointing fingers at anyone...just saying in general everytime I read this section, someone is always saying "bull"
97' Jetta - Sold
2006 Ford Freestyle - Sold
Looking for a E46 (00-04)

Steve
ChahalzBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:04 PM   #22
windwagen
6th Gear Member

That's true...but I think it's fun to dig deeper into the story. And then I can make some smarta$$ comments too!

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
Old 07-21-2004, 06:34 PM   #23
Castel
4th Gear Member

^^^ ok, i've gotta ask.. what's with the sig?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:00 PM   #24
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally posted by Castel
^^^ ok, i've gotta ask.. what's with the sig?
he chopped in fake smoke ..................windwagen you got to fix that

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:51 AM   #25
windwagen
6th Gear Member

None of my car pix are very exciting. I had to do something!!!

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
Old 07-26-2004, 02:17 PM   #26
rollee
3rd Gear Member

david m5 is my friend. the way he drives is like no other, i completely trust his skills.
his ability to control a car is like no other and his record is flawless. it is about understanding the relation of power, ability, reflex, decisiveness and most of all experience and knowledge on all turfs in every continent of the world.
too bad people here have not experienced it the way i did.
wish he has the time to teach advance motoring skills to race drivers and the many many talented people on this board. or maybe...ah~!
one day we could all have 'max bimmer' logos on our machines and people will know not to mess with this bunch.
afterall we should all be able to handle our bimmers and have better skills and responsibility than average joe in a ricer or merc or such right?

Last edited by rollee; 07-26-2004 at 02:23 PM.
rollee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #27
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidM5
Castel,
Dude, chill out!

This is a board for us bimmer fans to post/share our experiences with others bimmer fans.

While I do not condone my driving and do not recommend it to others, what I do not expect from others is their opinion of what I did.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
If I wanted an opinion, I would have asked for one.

Sure it may have been reckless behaviour but I did not at any point of my quick blast put myself or my family in any undue danger.
I know when to draw the line.
I guess that's what separates 44 year old driver with 27 years of accident free driving from a 21 year old.

I have had my fun on the racetrack (6 years-40 trophies) with what I would consider above average motor skills. (I got my pilot's licence at 19 and did my first solo flight after only 15 hours, which was a record during my time).

Like Windwagon posted before me, "Why would I want to listen to that garbage??" - well said Windwagon.

Do not be critical of others unless you are perfect yourself.
Do not tell me that you never ever exceed the speed limit.
Do not tell me that your friends with their modded cars never ever exceed the speed limit.

I've been around the block quite a few times in my 44 years.

I guess I'm still a big kid at heart and hope to stay that way.

Peace

Sorry bubba, but I have to agree with Castel, among others. Frankly, you're an assclown, and deserve to be called an assclown for driving on the street like that.

I don't care what Solo 1 trophy you claim to have ever won, or what Solo 2 events you claim to have trophies for either. Driving at 180 km/h at ANY TIME on the Allen is an assclown maneuver of gigantic proportions. While I don't feel sorry for you, I do feel sorry for your children. They've obviously been burdened with being born at the shallow end of the gene pool; hopefully they can recover to become better citizens than their father has.

It is one thing to endanger your own life by taking such driving to the track (which you have apparently done in the past successfully, so why the venture onto city streets is beyond me...). I have the utmost in respect for anyone who 'rises above', and takes their driving to the next level by participating in driving schools, Solo1, Solo2, wheel to wheel racing et al.

But it simply boggles my mind that you would perform such a stunt on city streets, in mid-day, WITH YOUR CHILDREN IN THE CAR!

This rant has nothing to do with anyone here being perfect, it has to do with your reckless endangerment of your children's lives, along with the lives of those drivers around you. On any given day, you have no idea what the surface conditions might be like on the Allen, or any other road in Toronto. Somebody could have broken down, and dumped oil, coolant, tranny fluid, nails etc on the road. Any of which could have resulted in a visit from Darwin. Cripes man, think before you pull a stunt like this EVER again. Your wife would never forgive you if you had an accident under such circumstances, and lost the life of one of your children.

Unfortunately, consequences never seem real, until they actually take place. Then, of course, it's all too late.

I'll gladly put my driving skills up against ANYONE on this board. One thing I absolutely refuse to do, is street-race. I don't care what you drive, what you offer, whatever. If you race on the streets, you're an assclown, plain and simple.

And if you don't like people's opinion of the *stories* you post on here, then don't post them. Just as you're free to post your stories, we're free to post our opinions of them.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:21 PM   #28
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

[quote]Originally posted by GR8 Ride
[b]I'll gladly put my driving skills up against ANYONE on this board.

Yes as usual you would like to remind everyone that the world revolves around you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whocares5.jpg (31.7 KB, 80 views)
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:11 AM   #29
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

Quoted by E302NV
"Grow up Pat"
"I can open the dictionary up and find a ton of definitions on a product as well. Fortunately for me I have better things to do. I would hope you have better things to do as well. It would be very sad if your life just consisted of sitting at a desk all day and arguing with kids and young adults"

AS you can see by E302NV's response to Pat's post above I'm not alone in thinking that you, Pat should grow up.

A 35 year old self-opinionated kid, my what a loser.

I will not lower myself to your level regarding your comment about my kids and their future but let's just say that you will never achieve what I have acheived in my life and my kids will have a much brighter future than you will ever imagine or enjoy.

Pat, as for your signature:-
"I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the Internet"
Boy oh boy, how true and sad how one's personality on the net reflects on them in real life.

GROW UP LOSER!
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:07 AM   #30
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

lol
very interesting to read

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: