Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #16
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
i know they're probably not the best tires but they had a much nicer tread than the Kumho's i saw, and match my pirelli's a little better.

I dont know how well hercules tires are, but its not just the tread pattern which is important. Its the compound of the rubber. Kumho's are silicone based, which makes the excellent for wet weather.

Some guy was trying to sell me Wanli tires which were replica's to Yoko AVS sports, he said that the tire was better than kumho's for less money. Thats total BS if you ask me.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:41 PM   #17
rico328i
5th Gear Member

Kumhos 712

I just bought a set of tires. Kumhos 712's. After tax $197 each for 235/40/17. So far, so good. Wet weather is quite good too as Gamite's said. Remember it takes a little time before they perform properly - a type of break in period. I'm quite impressed with it's overall performance, and how quiet they are. Another thing - going down from a 50 series to a 40 series, plus the larger rim size, didn't compromise the ride. It's firm, but not at all rough! This is partly due to BMW's suspension wizardry!!!!

Too soon to say how they wear. But with the way I'm cornering, and with the fun I'm having. I better start saving for the next set!

I did notice a slight change in my steering. Probably due to the one size wider change?!!? from a 225 to a 235.

I'd give it an overall 8.5/10 rating so far.....might get better???

Rico
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:54 PM   #18
Gamite

Yeah, the one flaw with kumho's is the wear rate, they dont last every long. I guess that comes with the price though.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: