Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #16
sonic07
6th Gear Member

this is true most people buy BMW because of the name. years ago i used to think that bmw was a piece of crap because two occasions i saw bmw got stuck on incline road spinning tires couldn't make it up the hill in the winter time that i had to drive around it with my old honda accord and thinking what a hell the problem with that car (perhaps was the driver). untill then Bill Gates (at Max-Not Microsoft) let me drive his 328is. I was so amazed how the machine handle at high speed (215km/hr). then i bought one, first thing i work on the brake job, brake switch, headlight, airvent airfilter... and so on... now i'm more amazed how the car is built because everything is very thoughtful engineered. compare to most of the cars i used to own in the past i'd say BMW is about 8 years or more advanced in automotive technology.

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:09 AM   #17
rost12
big 'n' shiney

Re: Re: Re: Pretentious BMW owners and the like...

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
lol,i think im the coolest and youngest M5 driver in NY
I was being sarcastic, man, I got an M5 myself :p
rost12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:14 AM   #18
rost12
big 'n' shiney

Quote:
Originally posted by rollee
pretentious bmw owner, i can't stand them, they don't deserve to drive this car.
They paid for it, so they sure as heck "deserve" it.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #19
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

Budd's Oakville has never had a good reputation for customer service. Rather than get into a long winded rant just let me say that I have never been treated so poorly at any dealership as I have there. Budd's Hamilton however is the abosulte best BMW dealership I have ever been in. They treat me like I expect for someone who spent a large amount of cash even thought I didn't buy it from them. Kevin in the service department deserves two thumbs up for knowing his cars inside and out and caring about how much it is going to cost you.

As for pretenious bmw owners, well, I didn't buy the car just becasue it was fast, I bought it because it was a BMW. Most days I drive the car like any other car. What I like is knowing that when I need to, the car will perform like few others. I am eternally petrified of parking anywhere as I know it is only a matter of time before a BMW hater vandilizes it. I have been called every name in the book for driving such a pretenious car, my response is to drop down 2 gears and show them why. Oh, and any non-BMW person whom I have let drive the car (very few get the chance) learn by 3rd gear or the first corner why I love this vehicle.
ImolaMZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:28 PM   #20
rollee
3rd Gear Member

no they don't deserve it for crying out loud, being able to afford it does not mean they know what they are really getting. give them a jap rocket with a logo on it , they will not know the difference. or better yet buy a mercedes, those cars for those fat assess who can afford it and they drive themselves while the huge stomach touches the steering wheel.
rollee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #21
rost12
big 'n' shiney

Quote:
no they don't deserve it for crying out loud, being able to afford it does not mean they know what they are really getting.
Dude, driving a BMW doesn't make us any better than the rest of the world. Choosing to buy a BMW for its driving prowess also doesn't make us any better. It's just a car, not a sign of superior morality or intellectual capability.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:16 PM   #22
rollee
3rd Gear Member

i disagree but if you don't feel that way, i cannot be here to help you with your problem.
driving in my car puts a smile on my face like no other, but of course one man's meat is another's poison. i feel sorry for your e39, its a fantastic ride.
too bad the owner thinks nothing more of it.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #23
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Quote:
buy a mercedes, those cars for those fat assess who can afford it and they drive themselves while the huge stomach touches the steering wheel.
....lol....

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #24
rost12
big 'n' shiney

Quote:
i disagree but if you don't feel that way, i cannot be here to help you with your problem.
I'm not the one with a problem, bud. Your opinion on why people should or shouldn't buy a car means shit to anybody but you. Deal with it.

And if I want to buy an M5 and drive it like a granny in the right lane doing 80 in a 100, I will. Not your car, not your money.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:27 AM   #25
rollee
3rd Gear Member

its all good bud. i thank you on behalf of bmw and the team of engineers at bmw M munich for your patronage and contineous support.
wish that i have the resources to buy an 2003e39m5 and drive 80 or 280 for the matter. i love it so much that i will drive it slowly for everyone to see me in one (don't want to get dust on the carpet). it just hurts me to learn that its owner don't really feel it made him/her feel special, but its true they do have the dole and its their car. be grateful that you can afford one since times are so good sir. you are the captain.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:09 AM   #26
rost12
big 'n' shiney

Ease up on the bitterness, and life will be some much better, bud
Old 07-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #27
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
its all good bud. i thank you on behalf of bmw and the team of engineers at bmw M munich for your patronage and contineous support.
wish that i have the resources to buy an 2003e39m5 and drive 80 or 280 for the matter. i love it so much that i will drive it slowly for everyone to see me in one (don't want to get dust on the carpet). it just hurts me to learn that its owner don't really feel it made him/her feel special, but its true they do have the dole and its their car. be grateful that you can afford one since times are so good sir. you are the captain.
You do realize that you don't have to drive like a retarded maniac to apreciate the car right? You seem like the peak of BMW snob, You think anyone that dosn't "push their cars to the limit" dosn't know what its like to drive a BMW...thats bull. You can still appreciate a BMW without driving like a prick and cutting people off on the highway (which is why a lot of bimmer drivers have a bad name)...lighten up and realize that bimmer drivers are not the only drivers on the road, and that bimmers arn't the greatest car in the world...they are among a top few.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #28
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
It's just what the majority of people want. Some people say BMWs lost their edge after the e30. Some say it lost the edge after the E36, and some say it's still as good as it always was.

Bottom line is, BMW has to keep up with the competition. I mean face it. look at VW, they are supposed to be the people's car, they now have a car that's as expensive as the top BMW.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #29
Simby
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Simby
Quote:
Originally posted by chromius_e30
You do realize that you don't have to drive like a retarded maniac to apreciate the car right? You seem like the peak of BMW snob, You think anyone that dosn't "push their cars to the limit" dosn't know what its like to drive a BMW...thats bull. You can still appreciate a BMW without driving like a prick and cutting people off on the highway (which is why a lot of bimmer drivers have a bad name)...lighten up and realize that bimmer drivers are not the only drivers on the road, and that bimmers arn't the greatest car in the world...they are among a top few.

Very well put! I agree with you 100%
Simby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 07:06 PM   #30
rost12
big 'n' shiney

Quote:
Originally posted by Simby
Very well put! I agree with you 100%

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: