Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
addbhp
3rd Gear Member

Pretentious BMW owners and the like...

Is anyone else sick of the pretentiousness of BMW's in general and particularily there dealers.

Don't get me wrong, I still like my E30 and drooling over the odd new M3 and am grateful for their involvement in racing, but for some reason, likely my old age, most BMW's are not driven the way they should be, or appreciated for the mechanicals. The majority are only interested in the name, the status and in general make me sick. You could argue this has been this way for a while, but for some reason...I am less tolerant than I used to be.

A perfect example is last Saturday, I went to Budds to replace my rear emblem, that was ripped off probably by some poseur, only to be stopped at a gate....a gate...yes with an attractive young girl, who's only job is to asked me and every customer why I was there???? "Are you kidding me?" I'm thinking F$%^& you can see I'm in a F$%^& BMW . Even the young attendent seemed embarrassed to have to ask why for each customer......Anyways I mention that I'm there for parts, so I go in, walk past all the arrogant sales rep's, only to find parts closed....F. Me why didn't the "gate attendent tell me?...so now I'm even more pissed, and about ready to sell the car, by me some american muscle and get ready to embarrass all the BMW's who think they have a fast car!

Rant over...well not really.

Last edited by addbhp; 07-07-2004 at 01:27 PM.
addbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
indeed... sick of people buying just for the name... also sick of seeing kids turn the BMW name into a "high-end Honda" with their mods...
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #3
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
LOL wtf Budd's now has a gate monkey? hahah

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
audiophilia
3rd Gear Member

Re: Pretentious BMW owners and the like...

No!

The more pretension, the better

www.audiophilia.com
The Online Journal for the Serious Audiophile
audiophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #5
Surk
6 Spd Member

Snobs

Budd's is notorious for this... try going in there to test drive a car without having at least a H2.... I was asking the same question about the BMW stigma... I bought the car for its handling, looks and quality...maybe 5% for the name (we all have a dream-car)

I get cut off , scraped intentionally and the finger on the hwy for doing 120kph minding my own... I've never owned a car that has had this pretentiousness attached to it...almost wanna get a bumper sticker that says

" No, I'm NOT a pretentious BMW driver... I just appreciate a nice car..."

Supersprint V2 headers & Midpipe--Agency Power Muffler- Bilstein PSS9 coilovers-Radernergie R-10 wheels--Bimmerworld\BMC filter Intake--Mark'D Custom CSL software--Rogue SSK--Rotora drilled brakes\StopTech pads
Surk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:50 PM   #6
98323IS
6th Gear Member

Hey addbhp you're from Ancaster??? We should meet up sometime! That's my neck of the woods. Maybe you've seen me around. My paps has an 02 M3 cab as well.
98323IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #7
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I'm in Ancaster / Hamilton all the time too.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #8
rodo
6th Gear Member

ahhaah with 03 dinan 3 we were coming up to the gate and she automatically put it up when she saw us and didn't stop us or anything

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 01:05 AM   #9
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Gated dealership, who do they think they are Bugatti?
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:15 AM   #10
addbhp
3rd Gear Member

Whew Thought I might get flamed on, good to see there are still some BMW drivers who apprecriate the car, not the name.

Actually I moved from Ancaster (Meadowlands) back closer to work, now I'm in Oakville (Bronte).

98323is...What colour was your Dad's M3...I know the Meadowlands certainly has some nice cars...There was this mint Cobra (or Replica) that sounded amazing.
addbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:42 AM   #11
rost12
big 'n' shiney

Re: Pretentious BMW owners and the like...

Quote:
Originally posted by addbhp
The majority are only interested in the name, the status and in general make me sick.
Word. Snobs, all of 'em, and M5 drivers are the worst.

What the heck is wrong with buying prestigious, safe and high-quality car like a BMW for reasons other than 10/10th handling capability? Would you prefer all the "non-enthusiast" people to drive MBs? BMW would be out of business hella quick.

rost12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:59 PM   #12
Simby
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Simby
ya, I'm surprised not more people are posting to this discussion. I didn't want to post till someone else was against your idea. I mean, if you really wanted a drivers car, wouldn't you get a better one by not paying the BMW premium and buying a cheaper car using the saved money to mod?
Simby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #13
ROBM3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ROBM3
The BMW fad was over when the E46 was introduced. PERIOD.

I was basically not interested anymore in having a BMW.

The E30 M3 is still an awesome machine though.
ROBM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:45 PM   #14
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Re: Re: Pretentious BMW owners and the like...

Quote:
Originally posted by rost12
Word. Snobs, all of 'em, and M5 drivers are the worst.

lol,i think im the coolest and youngest M5 driver in NY
I really appreciate the car and im always nice to people who ask questions about the car.I always abuse ricers and random cars that ask for it,some give thumbs up.....some even ask me at the light to show them what the machine is capable of.
Most M5 drivers i see in NY are old men who drive below speed limit and just dont give a shit that theres a fellow M5 right beside them
I also hate when people have fast cars and dont want to run me...
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:49 AM   #15
rollee
3rd Gear Member

this is a fine post. thanks for bringing up the topic of the pretentious bmw owner, i can't stand them, they don't deserve to drive this car. i met a few whom have absolutely zero idea of their car, unfriendly to conversation about their car and not to mention not knowing how to drive their bmws.
to them it makes no difference if they drive a rice or what-not as long as there a bmw logo on it.
budds have a bad name preceding them, my experience with their sales personnel are poor, friends of mine concludes they are the worst among all gta dealers, but their clientele are the snobish ones whom likes to be kissed assed. two of a kind. asshole 2 asshole.
rollee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: