Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-04-2004, 02:39 AM   #46
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

I agree with soldomatic too, but not all the way. Yes BMW has lost alot of what it used to mean before, but i also agree with Sickfinga, that German cars are still on top.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:04 AM   #47
SickFinga

No BMW didn't lose any prestige, it is the whole car industry lost prestige. Owning a car 10 years ago was not as easy as it is right now.

And owning a 100g car right now aint that hard either, get a lease, and you drive a 100g car.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:23 AM   #48
sirex
King Sirex

i was being sarcastic when i said bmws are made in mexico..

i know vw's are though.

that aside, it doesn't really matter where they are made anymore. Like I said, they all come out of a factory. There is no special hand craftsman ship that those prestigeous companies use to have...

why do u think lambourghinis cost so much? Because machines aren't putting them together, people are. You could just as easily mass produce a ferrari as a civic. The only difference is that it costs more then a civic to produce (higher end metals, carbon fibre) and they choose to produce very few cars.

Nowadays you see a BMW at every corner. They have become as common as any other car. And usualy when you have so many of the same models out it means that they are being mass produced and that no one is really buying the car for the engineering, but rather just to have a bmw. Also the company starts to slack me thinks when they reach a certain level. Which they have..

furthermore its not that BMws suck, its that there are cars that are just as good, sometimes even better yet cost less and dont carry around the name BMW.

"And owning a 100g car right now aint that hard either, get a lease, and you drive a 100g car."

what does all of this have anything to do with the automarket loosing prestige? People 10 years ago owned cars too just as easily. Actually it was probably easier because you didn;t have to pay a gazillion dollars for gas and insurance.

and leasing isn't owning btw.

Last edited by sirex; 06-04-2004 at 04:34 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:40 AM   #49
ierrahh
5th Gear Member

I love my car but fuk'n'eh, it is sooooo unreliable lately and I have no choice but to change. I don't want to be ignorant...thas why I am trying other cars , but I am stlill a BMW man at heart
ierrahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:22 AM   #50
328power
GAS GUZZLER !!

Quote:
Originally posted by ierrahh
I love my car but fuk'n'eh, it is sooooo unreliable lately and I have no choice but to change. I don't want to be ignorant...thas why I am trying other cars , but I am stlill a BMW man at heart
I was in the same boat as you a year back...

My 328 had tones of problems and cost me a shietload of cash...

Got rid of it and how everydai wish i didnt get rid of it ....

G35 is sweet and its a tough decision between the 2 ...

I would look into a 2003 G35 coupe ..save alot over buying the new 04's
Old 06-04-2004, 06:34 AM   #51
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
330 ... only because I see too many G35's on the road ...
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:50 AM   #52
Soldo
6th Gear Member

More G35 coupes on the road then E46 coupes??
I HIGHLY DOBT THAT!

Anyways, i'm not expecting too many people to agree with me since this is a BMW board, and a lot of people are too ignorant or aerogent to say that bmw's aren't what they used to be, and the other thing is, last week, i was fixing my car, and it was such a pain in my ass to fix something as simple as the window, and my dad told me that THAT's the reason the germans lost the war, was because they make everything OVER COMPLICATED. I just thought about that for a while and realized just how true it was. The window took me forever to fix because BMW likes to make everything so bloody complicated and hence makes it expensive to repair, WHY? does bmw have BETTER windows? Do they last longer? NO! Like i said, i doubt many of you will understand cause very few people on here fix their own cars, but i knwo JUSTIN knows what i'm talkin about here!

German cars are VERY nicely made cars, and well thought out, but if something breaks....... oh man, BEND OVER!

GREG made an excellent point, and i think what sums up this entire thread is sirex...

"its not that BMws suck, its that there are cars that are just as good, sometimes even better yet cost less and dont carry around the name BMW."

Thats exactly what i'm saying!
Old 06-04-2004, 06:54 AM   #53
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
More G35 coupes on the road then E46 coupes??
I HIGHLY DOBT THAT!

r u kiddin me? my roads are polluted with G35's lol. There are more G35's on the road then 330's (not e46's). And personally, I think they are losing they're appeal now. 330's are pimp! get a 330 drop top .. oh man that's hot ...

Anyhow, I'm not sayin G35's aren't nice cars. I just think 330's are nicer.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:00 AM   #54
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Totally agree with soldo......It's all about name and company to make money..... Maybe Lambo and Alfa Romeo are always on top cuz Itlians dont know how to cut it down when it comes to cars -fashion-food and other stuff..
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:04 AM   #55
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Well, kal the thing is, you MAY be right that theres more G35 coupes then there is 330's but face it, besides the badge, theres NO DIFFERENCE between a 330 and a base model 320 even. So seeing all these cars on the road, its obvious that theres more E46's then there is G35 coupes, so that still makes the G35 more exclussive because its only available in ONE engine on the same chasis, where as the E46 has a few engines on the same chasis!
Old 06-04-2004, 11:43 AM   #56
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by sirex
i was being sarcastic when i said bmws are made in mexico..

i know vw's are though.

that aside, it doesn't really matter where they are made anymore. Like I said, they all come out of a factory. There is no special hand craftsman ship that those prestigeous companies use to have...

why do u think lambourghinis cost so much? Because machines aren't putting them together, people are. You could just as easily mass produce a ferrari as a civic. The only difference is that it costs more then a civic to produce (higher end metals, carbon fibre) and they choose to produce very few cars.

Nowadays you see a BMW at every corner. They have become as common as any other car. And usualy when you have so many of the same models out it means that they are being mass produced and that no one is really buying the car for the engineering, but rather just to have a bmw. Also the company starts to slack me thinks when they reach a certain level. Which they have..

furthermore its not that BMws suck, its that there are cars that are just as good, sometimes even better yet cost less and dont carry around the name BMW.

"And owning a 100g car right now aint that hard either, get a lease, and you drive a 100g car."

what does all of this have anything to do with the automarket loosing prestige? People 10 years ago owned cars too just as easily. Actually it was probably easier because you didn;t have to pay a gazillion dollars for gas and insurance.

and leasing isn't owning btw.

All M cars were hand made upto e34 m5.
Honda Integra Type R engine is hand built.

Do they cost 300k? NO

Lambo is all about prestege. The price tag is all about research and being a limited production.

You are complaining about BMW is not excluse enough, but you want KIA prices. Sorry never gonna happen.

Ask your parents when they were in school, how many kids drove.
Not a lot. Cars are getting more popular, so more bimmers you see on the road.
And no, owning a car years ago was more prestegious things to have.

Ohhhh and seeing less cars on the roads doesn't mean car is not cool anymore, it means more people agrees with what a car can offer for its value.

If you thing it is cool to have a rare car, get a LADA, you prolly not gonna see another one in a couple of months.

I know leasing is not owning, but when you see an e46 m3, do you know if a guy driving could afford it, or he is leasing it?
I wont say for sure, but I assume leasing a car was also harder before. So again more people can afford cars.

G35 is definitly a hot car (sedan is prolly one of the ugliest cars though) and definitly a good buy. I would actually might consider it over 330ci right now. e46 is already 5 years old, g35 is a new car, but I would have to test drive them both.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #57
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

ther can't be more bimmers on the road, theres always the same amount. They stopped making E36's so you only going to see less of them due to accidents, etc. But your seeing more E36's cause the cars are becoming cheaper and therefore more younger people are driving them. B

Bmw looses their value pretty damn quick if you ask me, look at the price of a E46 M3, or E39 M5, pretty big drop compared to some other cars, how can that be?
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:54 PM   #58
burnhard88
Post-Whore of Ottawa

Send a message via MSN to burnhard88 Send a message via Yahoo to burnhard88
that's tru eh... look at jaguar... over 6 months they depreciate like a big SOB...

Old 12-11-2005, 01:57 AM   #59
E4SIXM3
2nd Gear Member

bmw will have cars priced as a kia, the 1 series lol
E4SIXM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:03 AM   #60
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

you brought a year old thread up to say that?
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: