Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-03-2004, 03:20 AM   #16
Andrushka
2nd Gear Member

Man, a bimmer is a bimmer. There is nothing like a bimmer, remember that. One look at the propeller emblem and you automatically feel the class, high stature, and you can feel like someone who achieved something in life. There is nothing like a bimmer. There is no comparison. The only brand worth comparing is Mercedes-Benz. G35 is nice, 280hp, but its an Infiniti. Get the bimmer. You'll be glad you did.
p.s. what colours you looking at bro?
Pulleys
Grounding Wires
Rockford Fosgate system two 12's and 1001 bd amp. Custom installation.
Carbon Fibre roundels
debadged
M3 Lip Spoiler
Aluminum Sport Pedals
Aluminum Shifter
Ultra Special custom phone holder from ************
15% Tint
Andrushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:21 AM   #17
AmaRu
6th Gear Member

beautiful

\__l_l-[-------------]-l_l__/
\____________________/
AmaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:24 AM   #18
Soldo
6th Gear Member

See amaru KNOWWWWS!

T'heel with STATUS, if your buying a car for status, then go TO BENZ!
Bmw's were meant to be driven, not for status symbols, and are you guys crazy, NISSAN is an amazing company, and they're cars are all top notch!

If your looking to get a REAL CAR, get the INFINITI, cause face it, its only a matter of time before BM was blown outta the watter, and than time is now!

BUTTTTT, if your lookin fo status then ya, get the BM!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:31 AM   #19
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
at first the g35c looked amazing! but now, i really see this car EVERYWHERE!!!1 its almost as common as any other car.. but the 350z is rare! i personally would go with a 330i m package.
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:36 AM   #20
alexm520
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by golden
get the 330...
the BMW just drives better, handles better and is put together better.. the shifter is way nicer (drove a 350z, same deal as the g35)
lotsa cars offer better value, but, a BMW is a BMW
do you really want to drive a nissan?
My vote is for 330 BMW. I barely had any problems with 328Ci 2000 for 3 years and knock on wood only one small problem so far with a year old 330Ci 2003.

There are only two level "A" luxury car brands: BMW and Mercedes (for average people .... we are not talking about Rolls Roys here). Then you have "B" level luxury cars that include Audi and Jaguar at the top and Lexus and Acura below.

Infinity, a luxury devision of Nissan has made great strides in the last 2 years with cars like G35 (sedan or coupe) and FX45 (crossover SUV) but that's does not put it into top 2 levels (A & B). INFINITY as a brand was on its last leg just 3 years ago. It wasn't until another manufacturer bought a big stake in them that they started to produce cars that are noticeable (I believe it was Peugeot from France but don't quote me).

.... oh yes, there was also Infinity G20 a while back that got good reviews in Europe because of its Bimmer like handling. But its bland interior and exterior couldn't touch E36 with a 10 foot pole.

Mercedes traditionally was a luxury oriented car BUT it is trying to make some of their cars A BIT more sportier.
BMW traditionally was a performance oriented car AND it is trying to make their cars A BIT more luxury (dare I say ... softer).

THERE ARE lots of very good cars out there with better value than BMW, but that's not the reason BMW - especially 3-Series - has been Number 1 for the last 10+ years since E36 came out.

First, there was Audi A4 - great German car for the money but still not exactly a BMW or Mercedes perception level. Did not knock 3-Series from 1st place.

Second, there was Lexus IS300 .... oh my god! The internet forums were buzzing that 3-Series is history and this is a BMW killer, before it came out. Guess what, nothing happened. BMW had their BEST sales in history in 2001 and 2002 - after Lexus IS300 was out.

Third, there was Jaguar X-Type taking a shot at the 3-Series. Again, nothing happened. According to the article in Toronto Star WHEELS section about 2 weeks ago, it said: "JAGUAR is bringing out a Stationwagon (I believe "X"-type), BECAUSE the "X" Type sedan DID NOT make any dents in 3-Series supremacy".

Forth, that's where we are now - Infinity G35 (sedan and coupe) are trying to take a shot at 3-Series.
I am pretty sure in about a year, nobody will be talking about them, just like nobody is taking about Lexus IS300 or Jaguar X-type. Audi A4 in my opinion is the only real replacement worth of 3-Series.

P.S. Nissan Maxima has always been hightly rated and its engine regularly won awards. If someone just wants a GOOD, well made car on the same level as Accord or Camry but more sportier, Maxima is the way to go. But Nissan is not a luxury / premium brand.

AlexM520

Last edited by alexm520; 06-03-2004 at 05:06 AM.
alexm520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:46 AM   #21
ROBM3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ROBM3

MORE PICS HERE
ROBM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:50 AM   #22
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

that g35 has gotta be one of the ugliest cars ever (both 4 door/2 door versions). Definitely go for the BMW, no comparison, even if it was just for the name

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 05:18 AM   #23
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

^^ Ugliest cars ever??? Are you on crack?

p.s. If ure gonna post pics, dont post ones with body kits.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:32 AM   #24
ierrahh
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKETMAN
^^ Ugliest cars ever??? Are you on crack?

p.s. If ure gonna post pics, dont post ones with body kits.
Thats funny shit ...thanks for you guys input
ierrahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #25
AmaRu
6th Gear Member

ya bodykits look ugly on the g35 i would never do something like that to a new car
\__l_l-[-------------]-l_l__/
\____________________/
AmaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #26
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Ya body kits are nasty, i've seen em donw nicely though with lips all around, love the CLEAN LOOK (but they're already SO FRESH AND CLEAN!)

Alexm520, a big thanks on the big read there, very informative!

And i agree with you almost completely, and up until just recently, BMW was probably overall NUMBER ONE, no one made cars just to make a car, everyone did it to compete with the 3er the 5er etc. and almost none have been able to do.......

HOWEVER..... it seems that technology has been advancing ever so quickly that it is becoming harder and harder for these "A" chocie companies, as you named them perfectly, are starting to fall back into the line up of all the rest of these cars!!

In 92, when the E36 came out, ya, NOBODY could touch it, i mean the nice power, the comfort, the handling, the list just keeps going, and in 92 there weren't too many competitors at the time, but as time went on and cars such as the A4 came, it was still obvious, the germans had the time/money/technology, and a simple look to them that no other car company could come close to! But quite frankly, the general public didn't have wallets as big as they are today, which is why now people have more money, so its not JUST BMW that are beging to SPEND money on their cars for all this technology!

Now these first class luxury cars (Benz and BM) are doin pointless things just to try to stay one up on the competition such as Benz's new braking system, can't remember its exact function, but not a BIG innovation!

Also, Nissan has always been an amazing company in just about every aspect, and the only problem that i've noticed with NISSAN was that they were far ahead of their time (example: the new american trucks are coming with 4WS, a standard function on some of the Nissans in the early 90's!). Even their looks were a bit too much at the time, the 300zx came out in 90, and compared to all the other cars, it might have looked TOO futuristic! Infiniti however, i'm not too sure on, just stating my opinions, they've always been pretty hot, not the best with looks but they had a lot of luxury + technology and for the price was well worth it!

What i'm trying to say is more and more car companies are begining to become bigger, better, and even SEXIER than BMW's, and a big thanks to MR. BANGLE whos helped make BMW look...... well, HIDEOUS. And the prices are very competitive now that really all it boils down to now IS in fact status symbol i believe!

I don't expect too many people to agree with me on anything i've said since this is a BMW forum so everyone here is biased against every other car asides BM's!

Anyone else got some more info, i like this thread a lot!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:04 PM   #27
Soldo
6th Gear Member

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthre...031#post400031

Here, this should help me out a bit more to what i was saying above!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #28
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
buddy needs to take off the skyline badges
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #29
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Isn't that what the Skylines look like?
Old 06-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #30
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

it's called a skyline in japan...if that car isnt from japan then yea i agree he should take em pff
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: