Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #1
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Attention members.....

Hello, I recently purchased a BMW light reset tool which can reset lights on your dash such as the check engine light, the Oil Service light, etc. (BMW dealership charges $44.00 + tax to reset your service lights) and also when your check engine light comes on and you dont know what is wrong with your car the device can also check what is wrong and what needs to be replaced (BMW dealership charges $115.00 + tax for this service). If anyone wants to get their lights reset or needs their check engine light scanned and reset (My price $25) then come to me and I can do it. It works on all models from the year 2000 and down. (P.S Im not a business or performance shop advertising here so dont remove this thread). Just private message me or e-mail me at mkgno@rogers.com Thanks.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 12:13 AM   #2
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

this sounds like an advertisement

it had better be private or bruce is gonna stick a stick of TNT up your ass and light it
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 03:33 AM   #3
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Its not an advertisement. I just bought the thing from the states to reset my check engine light and now if anyone wants the same I can do it for them. I mean whats the difference b/w me doing this and someone comming on here to sell their exhaust?? Im not a shop or anything like that so there is no problem.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:37 AM   #4
SickFinga

mkgino
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 03:47 AM   #5
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Should I go to the for sale section then?? Im not sure I understand here what I did wrong?? I dont want to get banned from here or something......
Old 06-16-2002, 08:58 PM   #6
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Old 06-18-2002, 10:07 PM   #7
mkgino
6th Gear Member

bump
Old 06-18-2002, 10:42 PM   #8
Gamite

Dont worry, its private sale, there's nothing wrong with that.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 11:02 PM   #9
mkgino
6th Gear Member

actually I just talked to M-TEKNIIK and I think were gonna set up something this weekend for me to scan his car cause his check engine light is on. So if anyone else is interested you know where to reach me, remember it works on almost all models from the year 2000 and lower.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:32 AM   #10
FaStLyFe
2nd Gear Member

I have this ABS yellow light on my display can you help me out with that?
FaStLyFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:12 PM   #11
mkgino
6th Gear Member

what does the light look like?
Old 06-20-2002, 12:04 AM   #12
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Re: Attention members.....

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Hello, I recently purchased a BMW light reset tool which can reset lights on your dash such as the check engine light, the Oil Service light, etc. (BMW dealership charges $44.00 + tax to reset your service lights) and also when your check engine light comes on and you dont know what is wrong with your car the device can also check what is wrong and what needs to be replaced (BMW dealership charges $115.00 + tax for this service). If anyone wants to get their lights reset or needs their check engine light scanned and reset (My price $25) then come to me and I can do it. It works on all models from the year 2000 and down. (P.S Im not a business or performance shop advertising
here so dont remove this thread). Just private message me or e-mail me at mkgno@rogers.com Thanks.
Let's talk bidness
What brand is your scan tool?
Have you tested it on some cars for code reading accuracy? Results?
Is $25 ur asking includes check and reset?

You "may be" giving maxbimmer members a good deal here man.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:10 AM   #13
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Re: Re: Attention members.....

Quote:
Originally posted by hawai-Ian

Let's talk bidness
What brand is your scan tool?
Have you tested it on some cars for code reading accuracy? Results?
Is $25 ur asking includes check and reset?

You "may be" giving maxbimmer members a good deal here man.
btw, ne1, how much is a reset tool? im asking cuz id like to know if $25 is reasonable cash outlay for me or im better off just to just by my own reset tool
Old 06-20-2002, 12:12 AM   #14
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
So, I'm assuming then, that this device spits out two digit fault codes for both OBD-I and OBD-II cars...

If so, I'm assuming you must have a list / breakdown of the various codes.

I have another question to ask then. Is it possible to look up two codes for me: Code 13, and Code 69 (yes, they're both valid).

I don't have the sheet handy, so I can't tell what's failed. I'm pretty sure 13 is the oxygen sensor, but the 69 code I'm not sure about.

As well, if you have a full listing of codes, any chance you could post that?

Thanks,

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 04:31 AM   #15
mkgino
6th Gear Member

alright everyone

Ok everyone see for yourself, it is right here.....this is a solid deal, Ive used it on my car and found out the same thing that it took BMW 1 hour to do and what they charged me $115 +tax for....

http://www.peakeresearch.com/index.shtml

I bought the one on the right
Im not sure what you mean by code 13 and 69. But if your check engine light is on I can only reset it if after whatever your defect is, has been fixed. For people with their check engine light on, its $25 to scan what is wrong and after they get it fixed, then come to me and its another $25 to reset it. If your OIL SERVICE light is on or your INSPECTION light is on I can reset those too for $25. So yes the price does indeed beat paying $150 amreican + shipping($10) + customs charges($25) or almost $300 Canadian. Also the tool is very simple to use so I dont see why anyone wouldnt come to me if their service lights are on. Listen guys, I baby my car more than anyone of you would believe, I would never use anything that would damage it in anyway possible. I used this on my own car last saturday, I scaned to see I needed a new O2 sensor, and I also reset my INSPECTION light and the CHECK ENGINE lights myself. Its a great tool and works very well and I recommend it for anyone who doesnt want to pay the $300 for it, but wants their lights reset, so go on the website and see what it does and if your interested e-mail me at mkgno@rogers.com thank you!

Last edited by mkgino; 06-20-2002 at 04:56 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: