Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-29-2004, 01:05 PM   #16
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan

here is my opinion on e36's

non-m e36's = look like crap

4dr non-m e36 = looks even more like crap
Stock e30's look even worse... there's a reason you put a bodykit on there, no? And believe it or not.. Jari can put a bodykit on his car too! (no shittin' ya!! there are really bodykits for e36's too!!... and yeah, you can give it a m-tech bodykit too!!)

guys have a point though.. unpainted aftermarket bodykits, no matter what the ride...

Jari -- car looks good! you'll have some fun with it... and you won't have to deal with the accumulating problems of having an older (i.e. 1987) bmw.. or have to waste your money on all those repair parts.

Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:49 PM   #17
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Jordan
Quote:
Originally posted by Lennon
Unpainted aftermarket body kit on an E30.... looks like shit.
The Rieger Infinity front lip is aftermarket, I will give you that.

The rest of the body parts are completely custom fabricated, none of which falls under aftermarket, or a bodykit.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:55 PM   #18
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sloveniaboy
non m's without kits do look like ass , ill give you that...
More of what I was getting at... non-m e36's just look really "cheap" in a sense.

Quote:
Originally posted by sloveniaboy
driving arround with unpainted parts on your e30 like in your sig is priceless ...geek
I don't drive the e30 around like that, I had to do some driving of it to track down any potential problems, and to tune the engine to where it was running properly.

The car is already back into the bodyshop getting a complete inside, out, and everywhere in between proper respray in Lachssilber. It *should* be done and back to me by June 22nd. On June 27th is the NW e30 Picnic where my e30 will be a featured car. This leaves me 4 days to completely reassemble the car (it has to be gutted for a proper respray) 3 of those 4 days I will be working 8-10 hours at my full time job prior to being able to work on the e30.

The minimal time to reassemble really leaves me with very little time to go test the car out before I depart on the long drive North to the picnic. The only reason it was briefly driven with unpainted body parts was to find any potential issues when I am close to home, rather then hours away.

Now if I was driving the e30 unpainted like that all the time, I would completely agree with your comments. However.. that is not the case.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:32 AM   #19
Jari
4th Gear Member

well. for the record you can drive around with anything you want, and it won't bother me a bit. All I know is I've had the car for one full day now, and I'm really happy with it. It's a 93, with 143k on it. Everything works, except the obc lcd screen is wonky. I know a 2 door would be sexier, but I need the 4 doors for conveniance, like work stuff in and out of the car, and perhaps even my four kids now and again

I want to thank the people at maxbimmer for helping me enjoy my bmw experiance. Info is easy to find, and if it's not there, you just have to ask.
Jari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #20
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Re: Finally found my e36

Quote:
Originally posted by Jari
whew. After over a month of searching I finally found an acceptable 325. My wish list was large, and this one filled everything except the colour. I wish it was black.

Bought from a fellow maxbimmer member.
congrat. ... you know when you find the right car. lucky it only took you a month. it took me six months and had the same problem with the colour but don't worry white is nice too. especially after you give it a good buffing job, it'll make head turns at the light and it always looks clean.

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #21
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Like the car. Keep the pinstripe...

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:53 PM   #22
paul
5th Gear Member

i love people that hate on no m3's until they get blown away by those e36's that looks like crap.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:20 PM   #23
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by paul
i love people that hate on no m3's until they get blown away by those e36's that looks like crap.
You realize:

A. My project e30 would smoke that e36
B. My daily driver 95 Avus M3 would destroy that e36

that is all.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:27 PM   #24
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

so wtf does that give u a ****in reason to hate on somebody's ride. like **** he just got the car n u bash it if u dont got anything nice to say dont say it at all. u must be one of those thick headed mofo's who dont live by any morals , grow up man. how would u like if u were in his situation and some moron said that shit. the fact is that his ride is a nice one with a pimpin lip and will only get better. and yr daily driver aint yr car its yr MOMS
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:56 PM   #25
Jordan
6th Gear Member

rofl.... you are hillarious.... seriously, thank you for the good laugh.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:32 AM   #26
paul
5th Gear Member

what is yr point that ur project cars will smoke that e36. dose it look like a race car. the guy is happy don't be a hater. if ur going to talk all big and bad then pick on cars with a little more horse power then a stock e36. or then just keep ur coments to ur self
Old 06-01-2004, 01:41 AM   #27
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

jordan your an idiot.

i think PAUL should show up jordan, he'd ruin both your cars.

nice find, too bad i cant get the E36 i want right now for DIRTT DIRT CHEAP argrgrg!!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:51 AM   #28
Euro_E30
6th Gear Member

Nice car Jari! Congradulations
Old 06-01-2004, 01:51 AM   #29
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

nice find
you'll love alpine white

too bad somebody spoiled the thread
Old 06-01-2004, 01:57 AM   #30
BMWF1

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan
The Rieger Infinity front lip is aftermarket, I will give you that.

The rest of the body parts are completely custom fabricated, none of which falls under aftermarket, or a bodykit.
are you completely fuc kin retarded, look at your car, what do you call that then, its not aftermarket but yet it looks completely different then stock, you make no sence.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: