Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2004, 04:34 PM   #16
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Gatineau, Québec
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

And the BMW CCA cruise?
?? There shouldn't be an "A" in there. It's not the BMW Car Club of America, it's the BMW Club of Canada. What's wrong with me?
__________________
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:15 PM   #17
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
yeah you are right....maybe BMW CCO (car club of Ottawa)?
__________________
Photobucket
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #18
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member
 
Nascar318is's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw
?? There shouldn't be an "A" in there. It's not the BMW Car Club of America, it's the BMW Club of Canada. What's wrong with me?
Bob, Bob, Bob,,,are you again....time to check out those pics now......

Bob, you would have fit right in, looks like a retirement party J/K Don't worry I'll be old as you soon....
__________________

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day

Last edited by Nascar318is; 06-01-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #19
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally posted by Nascar318is
Bob, Bob, Bob,,,are you again....time to check out those pics now......

Bob, you would have fit right in, looks like a retirement party J/K Don't worry I'll be old as you soon....
They were older, but man they knew how to drive!
__________________
Photobucket
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:09 PM   #20
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Gatineau, Québec
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally posted by chromius_e30
They were older, but man they knew how to drive!
And that's what it's all about!
__________________
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:10 PM   #21
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Gatineau, Québec
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally posted by Nascar318is
Bob, Bob, Bob,,,are you again....time to check out those pics now......

Bob, you would have fit right in, looks like a retirement party J/K
Ah, pi mange d'la m*****, le jeune!!!
__________________
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:02 AM   #22
burnhard88
Post-Whore of Ottawa
 
burnhard88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa/Kars/Richmond Hill
Posts: 2,578
Send a message via MSN to burnhard88 Send a message via Yahoo to burnhard88
lol...

__________________
burnhard88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:08 AM   #23
msix
2nd Gear Member
 
msix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 218
I am glad you enjoyed the drive, Chromius. It was a really nice day and the roads were perfect for a nice brisk drive through the country. The best part was that we encountered on more than 220 km of driving a total of only TWO cars in front of us that were holding us up a little, but luckily they had to go somewhere else after a few kilometer.

It was nice to see some new faces and hopefully you liked it enough so we will see you more often.
In our Club (BMW CC Ottawa) we do all sorts of different activities. The sunday drive is the more relaxed event of the season. The members are all enthusiasts for many years and we love our cars and in particular the driving part of it. Some (like my M6) are more like a Showcar, but they get driven hard down the street just the same. We also have another similar, but much bigger event in the fall where we meet with the Montreal Club and we drive in a long train of about 50 BMWs up to Tremblant and we have there a "Show & Shine".

To get to know the REAL fun part about your BMW, the different Club Chapters organize some Drivers education events at the various Race tracks around the area (Mosport, Tremblant, Shannonville etc.) It is under strickt Guidelines from BMW Canda, with Insurance and everything, but it is a place where you learn how to drive. Here you find out why a BMW is called "The Ultimate Driving Mashine".
NOTHING you will ever do on the street will beat the experience of one weekend on the Track.

Anyways, I am just an old fart and I am getting tired from writing so much, but come on out some times to a meeting or some events, we can use some young blood in our group, and you would be surprised how much there is still to learn out there.

BTW, there is a Lapping day in Shannonville comming up with Instructors. It's not organized by the BMW Club, but I am helping out there too and there will be a few BMW CC members. It's on Friday, July 2. Lapping Days are a lot cheaper than Driving Schools but equally fun. I will send you more information if any of you are interested.

Thanks for the compliment on my car and the driving, Chromius.

K.W.
__________________

85 325es
CASC-OR Regional Auto-X Series 2009 and 2010 1st place in D/Mod
Ontario Time Attack Series 2011 1st place in SGT2
msix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:38 AM   #24
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Gatineau, Québec
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally posted by msix

BTW, there is a Lapping day in Shannonville comming up with Instructors. It's not organized by the BMW Club, but I am helping out there too and there will be a few BMW CC members. It's on Friday, July 2. Lapping Days are a lot cheaper than Driving Schools but equally fun. I will send you more information if any of you are interested.

I'm interested.
__________________
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #25
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member
 
Nascar318is's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw
I'm interested.
You are....So I guess your not going down to Pittsburgh for BimmerFest East???? I still have to look into my time off for that....I wanna go so bad.....


I hope that I'll still have the drive to drive and participate in BmW in a few years.....


Msix: Some of us on here aren't that young, you would be surprised.....as for me I'm a 26 year old looking for a faster car....
and someone on here actually called me "Grandpa" Well good luck on Sunday and hope to see you kick some Butt....
__________________

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day

Last edited by Nascar318is; 06-02-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #26
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Gatineau, Québec
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally posted by Nascar318is
You are....So I guess your not going down to Pittsburgh for BimmerFest East????

No. I can't leave for the whole weekend.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nascar318is


Msix: Some of us on here aren't that young, you would be surprised.....as for me I'm a 26 year old looking for a faster car....
and someone on here actually called me "Grandpa"
26, eh? It's all downhill from there, trust me.
__________________
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:43 PM   #27
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member
 
Nascar318is's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw
No. I can't leave for the whole weekend.



26, eh? It's all downhill from there, trust me.

Oh man I know, tomorrow I'm gonna go buy a big wheel to re-kindle my child hood
__________________

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #28
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally posted by msix
I am glad you enjoyed the drive, Chromius. It was a really nice day and the roads were perfect for a nice brisk drive through the country. The best part was that we encountered on more than 220 km of driving a total of only TWO cars in front of us that were holding us up a little, but luckily they had to go somewhere else after a few kilometer.

It was nice to see some new faces and hopefully you liked it enough so we will see you more often.
In our Club (BMW CC Ottawa) we do all sorts of different activities. The sunday drive is the more relaxed event of the season. The members are all enthusiasts for many years and we love our cars and in particular the driving part of it. Some (like my M6) are more like a Showcar, but they get driven hard down the street just the same. We also have another similar, but much bigger event in the fall where we meet with the Montreal Club and we drive in a long train of about 50 BMWs up to Tremblant and we have there a "Show & Shine".......

......Anyways, I am just an old fart and I am getting tired from writing so much, but come on out some times to a meeting or some events, we can use some young blood in our group, and you would be surprised how much there is still to learn out there.

BTW, there is a Lapping day in Shannonville comming up with Instructors. It's not organized by the BMW Club, but I am helping out there too and there will be a few BMW CC members. It's on Friday, July 2. Lapping Days are a lot cheaper than Driving Schools but equally fun. I will send you more information if any of you are interested.

Thanks for the compliment on my car and the driving, Chromius.

K.W.
Thank you for an awesome cruize, and I'm sure you will be seeing more of me It was a lot of fun. If I wasn't going down to bimmerfest I would definitly come for the lapping day, but unfortunatly there are quite a few people waiting for me to come down, as I am the Ottawa rep for a caravan going down to bimmer fest, where will be meeting up with 50+ bimmers from all over north eastern canada and usa.
__________________
Photobucket
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:18 AM   #29
msix
2nd Gear Member
 
msix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 218
If I would not be commited to that Race Weekend I would love to join in. This bimmerfest sounds like a lot of fun. Is this a special meeting for E30 or for all BMWs?
Well I hope you have a great time there.

K.W.
__________________

85 325es
CASC-OR Regional Auto-X Series 2009 and 2010 1st place in D/Mod
Ontario Time Attack Series 2011 1st place in SGT2
msix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:42 AM   #30
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally posted by msix
If I would not be commited to that Race Weekend I would love to join in. This bimmerfest sounds like a lot of fun. Is this a special meeting for E30 or for all BMWs?
Well I hope you have a great time there.

K.W.
I'm surprised you havn't heard of it..its been featured in many magazines, and has been running strong for several years now...its one of the largest BMW gatherings in north america...and yes its for all types of bmw's last year there was an isetta...some mini's, a bunch of 8 series....funny though I didn't see an M6 check out my webpage with pics that I took while I was down there....they are big pics though. and unfortunatly I ran out of room on my memory card, so I didn't get to take as many pics of the show as I would have liked...but here is the site.
http://www.servedicecold.net
__________________
Photobucket
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.