Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-03-2004, 02:55 AM   #61
msix
2nd Gear Member

I am at the Corel Centtre all day competing. My day starts early in the morning there because I am helping out with Tech Inspections and we expect a lot of cars this sunday.
I cannot take part in your cruize, but if you guys end up at the AutoX then I will be SORT OFF in the cruize.
If time allows at the end of the day then there are also so called FUN RUNS. These are extra runs for registered competitors at the end of the day without the timing. We can take out other people for a spin as well.

Anyone competitor can take out passengers for a drive, even during competiton, however, some top drivers prefer to go solo because when you meassure the time by hundreds of a second, every extra little bit of weight counts. Sometimes on the first or second runs I don't mind taking a passenger since it's more a 'get the feeling for the course' run. In the afternoon it's then serious business.

But there are lots of other drivers who are more down the field and don't mind taking passengers out. You can borrow a Helmet there, sign a waiver and hold on to dear life.

AutoX or SOLO II as we call it too has really improved my driving skills. Its a low cost entry into Motorsport and I recommend it for everyone. All you need is a car that passes a Safety inspection on site, good brakes, nothing falling off the car and if you don't have a helmet, you can rent one there. (Motorcycle helmet is okay as long as its a SNEL95 approved or newer).
You get classified into a group of cars depending on the number of modifications (or Stock) and you are only competing within this group of similar cars. We do have a Novice group as well. Then you get a course map and walk the course several times to find YOUR best line (and don't get lost in the sea of cones).

It's all just fun stuff, and it all comes down to DRIVERS SKILL. Worst thing that can happen is you spin and knock over a few cones.

Look for a bronzit beige 85 325 with the number 19.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soloii_3 sm.jpg (88.4 KB, 56 views)
msix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:00 AM   #62
burnhard88
Post-Whore of Ottawa

Send a message via MSN to burnhard88 Send a message via Yahoo to burnhard88
sick man... will see u there for sure... maybe if u want take me for a rip around the course in ur ride as well... ...

Old 06-03-2004, 03:28 AM   #63
burnhard88
Post-Whore of Ottawa

oh... and guys going to timmies... do u kno the backroads well to get to the corel centre??? i haven't mastered the backroads yet... can't wait to see what the vids and pics are gonna look like... ...

Old 06-03-2004, 03:29 AM   #64
burnhard88
Post-Whore of Ottawa

oh... and msix... are the courses usually complicated when u compete??? how many cars usually attend on average for one of those???

Old 06-03-2004, 11:44 AM   #65
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Yeah Sunday will be good, my buddy with the Supra is going to be there as well as other members from Supra Quebec and Supra-Forums.......Burnhard, man you're taller then your brother

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:22 PM   #66
burnhard88
Post-Whore of Ottawa

LOL... i kno... i get that alot... i'm 16 and he's 31... shit supras are gonna be there?!?! that's sick!!! hmmm... i think i could probably take one in a straight... ... phhh... doubt that even if my life depended on it...

Old 06-03-2004, 12:25 PM   #67
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Sorry what I meant is that they are going to be at the Autocross at the corel center.......my buddy's supra was pushing 13.8 on the 1/4.....I was pushing 17.6....

Old 06-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #68
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by burnhard88
oh... and guys going to timmies... do u kno the backroads well to get to the corel centre??? i haven't mastered the backroads yet... can't wait to see what the vids and pics are gonna look like... ...

I know the back roads...but there really arn't any good backroads between here and the corel center....and its only about a 15min drive.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:59 PM   #69
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Change of plans. I'm not going out of town this weekend. So I'd like to join you guys. Where exactly do we meet? And at what time? I went through the thread and didn't see the exact info.

Also, I'd like to bring my 8-year old son with me. He's a car nut. I'm sure he'll have a blast, especially at the autocross. If this is a problem with anybody, please speak up.

list of people going are...

burnhard88
chromius_e30
Nascar318is
bmdoubleya
everlast
Bob Loblaw
Bob Loblaw Jr. (aka mini-Bob)
Old 06-03-2004, 04:01 PM   #70
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sly
Hey Bob ..No can do for June 6 ???

I might be able to go ....Will need to do so checking with the wife
I'm in, Sly. So, did your wife give you permission?? Mine said it was okay.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #71
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

So your son wants to come....good stuff. I'll tell you what I can meet you at cafe de flandres like last time just give me a time and if the sly can go cough*whipped*cough he can meet me in Buck and then cruise up and find you in Gat......

Old 06-03-2004, 04:28 PM   #72
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw
Change of plans. I'm not going out of town this weekend. So I'd like to join you guys. Where exactly do we meet? And at what time? I went through the thread and didn't see the exact info.

Also, I'd like to bring my 8-year old son with me. He's a car nut. I'm sure he'll have a blast, especially at the autocross. If this is a problem with anybody, please speak up.

list of people going are...

burnhard88
chromius_e30
Nascar318is
bmdoubleya
everlast
Bob Loblaw
Bob Loblaw Jr. (aka mini-Bob)
Awesome...We are meeting at Tim Hortons at the corner of Merivale and meadowlands...

If comming from Ottawa Take 417 West Get off at Maitland, Turn Right at the lights (south) follow maitland and it eventually turns into Merivale, go through several sets of lights(can't remember how many) it will be on the left, accross from Esso, in the same mall as red lobster/business depot/Bouclair etc. at the corner of meadowlands.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:29 PM   #73
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Cool stuff! What time's the meet?

You're okay with my son coming along? That sorta means we'll have to act more mature. Sorta like 10 year olds or something.

And you could teach him some English words. Only nice words, though! (That's for YOU, Tony!!)

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 06-03-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #74
chromius
6th Gear Member

12:00 Noon
Old 06-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #75
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Noon? Great!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nascar318is
So your son wants to come....good stuff. I'll tell you what I can meet you at cafe de flandres like last time just give me a time and if the sly can go cough*whipped*cough he can meet me in Buck and then cruise up and find you in Gat......
I PM'd Sly. Hopefully, he'll come. And Café des Flandres is a good place for the pre-meet. Since the meet's at 12 over there in far far away Ontario, we should meetup before 11:15. Sounds good to you? Will your Supra buddies be joining us at Café des Flandres also?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: