Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-13-2002, 12:18 PM   #1
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
A specific Rich white kid

I saw them in richmond hill on young street, he has a e46 White 330 with rims and a funny ass licence plate saying something about not being his dads... anyways there was a M5 there too possible his dad? anyways young guy? you on here man? PHAT RYDE!!!!!
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 12:26 PM   #2
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Re: A specific Rich white kid

Quote:
Originally posted by Betray
I saw them in richmond hill on young street, he has a e46 White 330 with rims and a funny ass licence plate saying something about not being his dads... anyways there was a M5 there too possible his dad? anyways young guy? you on here man? PHAT RYDE!!!!!
You should check out E46 toronto for E46's.. way more of those rich E46 guys hang out there.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 02:19 PM   #3
PCDawg
2nd Gear Member

Us people at e46toronto.com arent all rich....and there's several members there that dont own an E46 or even a BMW.....

Yes its true most of us have parents that pay for most of the things, but we are all nice people that's willing to meet others and get together to talk about cars either stock or modded.....
snobs we are not....

I am fortunate that my dad paid for some of my car, but i paid for the other half and whatever else i do to it....

Hopefully in the future all the BMW clubs can meet together and just talk and discuss BMWs regardless of how wealthy everyone else is.....
Old 06-13-2002, 04:51 PM   #4
SohJai
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to SohJai
hmm..

We are not grouped by how rich we are, but by our interest in E46's at E46Toronto. We have subaru, honda, hyundai, infinity, owners and even people without BMW's that read and paticiapte in our forum.

Betray, did that white 330 have MVR rims?

like these?
Old 06-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #5
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
yea looked like those! well i wasnt sure but it did look like that!
Old 06-13-2002, 05:04 PM   #6
SohJai
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to SohJai
I saw it parked on Yonge, and i remembered it had some dad word on the plate as well so i'm pretty sure. If I remember correctly, it had the OEM M-Tech body kit on it as well.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:52 AM   #7
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

I believe his plates were 'NOTDADYZ' or something to that effect..
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:22 AM   #8
Betray
6th Gear Member

yea thats it... he was north of major mac..

someone wanna make some Maxbimmer cards or something? we can start handing them out if we see bimmers =0?
Old 06-14-2002, 11:17 AM   #9
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Betray
yea thats it... he was north of major mac..

someone wanna make some Maxbimmer cards or something? we can start handing them out if we see bimmers =0?
We already have Maxbimmer cards, I'll give you a few if you want to give them out.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 06-14-2002, 11:22 AM   #10
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by PCDawg
Us people at e46toronto.com arent all rich....and there's several members there that dont own an E46 or even a BMW.....

Yes its true most of us have parents that pay for most of the things, but we are all nice people that's willing to meet others and get together to talk about cars either stock or modded.....
snobs we are not....

I am fortunate that my dad paid for some of my car, but i paid for the other half and whatever else i do to it....

Hopefully in the future all the BMW clubs can meet together and just talk and discuss BMWs regardless of how wealthy everyone else is.....
Hey sorry if you took offense to that comment. I wasn't disputing whether or not you were nice or helpful, but I'm sure 90% of you guys come from rich families. And in Richmond Hill most E46 drivers w/ nice looking BMW's (rims, body kit, etc etc) don't pay for it themselves.

I have no problem with that although I feel that kids should try to buy their own cars and not be spoiled by their parents at such an early age. Otherwise I feel they do not learn the value of money or even their cars! Not true for everyone but just my thoughts. I'm a little tired of seeing all these cocky kids driving around in SLK's and Porsche's that obviously their daddy's bought them. Gee.. I wish my daddy would buy me a 911 turbo.

Bryan

Old 06-15-2002, 10:58 AM   #11
SJTrance
1st Gear Newbie

That's life, man. Get used to it. If I ever get the fortunate opportunity to buy my son a nice car, I'll definitely help him out. I won't buy him any car outright, but I'll help him out considerably. I'll make sure that he has an awesome car, but I'll make sure that it's not going to be brand new. I'll get him a car that he will get his hands dirty with. Now, if I have a daughter, I'll do the same. I want her to know the basics of cars too so that they won't get ripped off in the future.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:07 AM   #12
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

like my dad always says you ain't gettin shit from me you make your own way through buddy!!!
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 01:25 PM   #13
Gamite

I saw an E46 with plates "N F S 8" I was tailing the guy pretty bad.. is he on your board?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 09:08 PM   #14
PCDawg
2nd Gear Member

That plate doesnt ring a bell......i've seen many modded e46s around with customized plates as well but not all of them are on the board.......

MTRD:

No ...i am in no way offended with your comments....at times i feel the same way as i think to myself, getting your parents to buy you a car and providing you money for mods is in no way an accomplishment.....like i said previous my dad did help me out a bit in getting my car, but paying off the rest of it and getting mods is of all my doing, I felt i had earned it and it felt great. But to each and their own.....

If those that are fortunate to get their parents to pay for everything, Im not saying your a snob ... ur just lucky!!!
Old 06-16-2002, 11:45 AM   #15
Usic
2nd Gear Member

Location: T.O. actually in a little town called King township.
I get the same kind of attitude when people find out I work at shop... "so thats how you can afford it"
THe truth is if my dad didn't own a euro repair shop I would have never bought my 6er...when I bought it, it was wreck the front end was touching the engine and the left rear was smacked.
The only reason I bought it is because I knew it could be fixed.
And for the price I bought the car 2000 I knew I had a good deal.

The car was road worthy 2months later but then I got dusted by a v6 accord and thats why I spent 7000 plus (stopped counting after 7 g's ) to insure no rice will ever pull a stunt like that again.

I have nothing against "kids" with rich parents, just as long as they know the value of money....or they let me spank on their dads rides once in a while
Usic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: