Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
330POWER
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to 330POWER
dinan parts

do u guys think its worth it to get a dinan CAI and stage 2 engine software for my 330ci for 2000?? that is including install and taxes.
330POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #2
familysedan
2nd Gear Member

I guess it's retail price with almost no discount?
familysedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
330POWER
2nd Gear Member

anyone know anywhere that can do it cheaper?
Old 05-09-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

buddy that is a big rip off. save your money . if you spend this much money for such lil gains u shouldve bought a used m3 instead if you ask me
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #5
golden
Doesn't have a car.

dont get Dinan.. its way too expensive and u hardly get any gains.

not worth it. get a Gruppe M intake and AA exhaust or something
Old 05-09-2004, 06:11 AM   #6
Daydream///M3
4th Gear Member

An exhaust doesnt do that much in terms of horsepower...probably a few bhp at the wheels most if you are lucky. Only get an exhaust for sound and looks if thats what you want but power is worth next to nothing.

As far as software goes... Dinan is failry good and the gains are decent but they are quite a bit expensive. I was going to get dinan but then decided otherwise and got the Jim conforti intake and software....it was worth it. I know what the jim ocnforti feels like as well as the dinan since a frined had the stage 2 software and CAI on his M3. My M3 with the conforti stuff felt a little faster but not by that much

As far as your 330 goes.... software and CAI will do close to nothing since your engine is already pretty well put together in the sense that many computers monitor the engines performance.
The software dinan claims doesnt even do anything. The CAI you may piick up like a few bhp but nothing too drastic.

Id suggest getting a set of rougue pulleys or the UUC lightweight flywheel and you will definately notice big improvements... it would cost a lot less too... trust me on this one.

Hope this helps.
Daydream///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:51 AM   #7
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
For $2000, try to find a lower geared (numberically higher) limited slip differential. You won't gain more horsepower, but you'll certainly feel it in the seat when accelerating.

And I don't know about pullies, it's not the type of thing you'll notice. A lightweight flywheel is a noticable difference.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:54 AM   #8
330POWER
2nd Gear Member

all u do have good points...however at the same time i do not want to void my waranty
Old 05-09-2004, 02:51 PM   #9
golden
Doesn't have a car.

if you get an intake and exhaust it will not void your warranty
Old 05-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #10
Daydream///M3
4th Gear Member

I understand what 330powre is saying however its illegal for dealers to deny warranty unless they can prove that the mod caused the failure of the car or whatever component it is.

Dinan will probably give you less of a hassle because the affiliation with BMW but they have also been known to deny warranty.... te warranty offered is DINANS and not the dealers.
Daydream///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:31 AM   #11
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 330POWER
anyone know anywhere that can do it cheaper?

I am going to Germany soon, a month from now I'll be back with the tools to program the OBD-2 cars. It's hard to gain more power from just software unless you use 93 or 94 octane, but if you are willing to do that I can unleash some more ponies from your motor.

MarkD
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:49 PM   #12
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

It's a 2003, so I'm assuming 6-speed? A shorter rear end diff with LSD would do wonders for your driveability. BMW geared those cars way too tall, and the open rear diff is hopeless.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:37 AM   #13
CYBER PETE
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to CYBER PETE
I'm very happy with my dinan stuff. You'll like the sound of the Dinan CAI. I had my exhaust, software, and cai all done at once and I felt a noticeable improvement in the overall feel and sound of the car.
CYBER PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:28 AM   #14
4life
2nd Gear Member

You cant get a deal on DINAN equipment period. Dinan dealers have to sell DINAN equipment at the list price, there are no exceptions to this rule. Good stuff but too rich for my blood.
4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:45 PM   #15
V-Thang
6th Gear Member

Re: dinan parts

Quote:
Originally posted by 330POWER
do u guys think its worth it to get a dinan CAI and stage 2 engine software for my 330ci for 2000?? that is including install and taxes.
Hey man, if you want Dinan parts for good price, talk to my cousin Sam at Cross Avenu Auto in Oakville.

Check out my sig below for his website.
V-Thang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: