Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Which Car Audio company should I go with?
Alpine 8 25.81%
Kenwood 11 35.48%
Pioneer 6 19.35%
Panasonic 0 0%
JVC 1 3.23%
SONY 2 6.45%
Clarion 1 3.23%
Sanyo (sony wannabe) 0 0%
General Electric (LOL) 0 0%
Kenmore (dishwasher?) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2002, 12:17 PM   #16
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Maybe go get the Sony from MTRD......just a thought........maybe......
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 12:44 PM   #17
The Due
2nd Gear Member

I would advise against a sony headunit if your doing a full install. Apparantly their pre-amp signal is naturally weak, even the es models. I have a three year old mobile es headunit, and the line output is very low, I have to turn up the amp levels just to get good sound. Not sure about the newer xplod types, but my installer does not recomend them, if you are doing a full install, separates and subs.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:21 PM   #18
Foc us
4th Gear Member

That's the problem, he said something about 600 bucks limit, but I'm not sure if it should include anything else or if he's planning on upgrading. The one MTRD got is a CDXC7000 (I think), which was a previous year model, with coaxial speakers, that thing will be sufficient. If he wants more he should think of the items I've mentioned in the above. But it's gonna be WAAAAAAY over his budget, since the sony cost 1500 for the head unit and you still need to buy the signal processor unit, plus the head itself doesn't make any power at all so he needs a minimum of either a 6 channel amp or better. Same for the Alpine F1 status but the Alpine unit cost 20000 (it's not a typo) for the whole deal, And yes it's all in Canadian dollars and tax is not included on all the items.
The Head MTRD got was a relative cheap unit and he should be able to sell it in within reasonable price so he could get an amp or line drivers just to power all the other goodies.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:53 PM   #19
SickFinga

Foc us, are those prices in YEN or something?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 06:04 PM   #20
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Nope, it's in true Canadian currency. Since I was hooked on audio a while ago, I was doing some research myself and these are and will be the high end product of the future. Feature wise, they're really cool but you paid for what you get so if you ant the best you have to take s***load from your pocket.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:10 PM   #21
SickFinga

I've never seen Sony deck for 1500 or Alpina for 20,000.
pretty sure that top of the line decks are not even close to those numbers.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:13 PM   #22
The Due
2nd Gear Member

My Sony Mobile ES originally retailed for $1,150 U.S.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:18 PM   #23
Foc us
4th Gear Member

since normally SANE audio company stock these head units, it's usually a special order item. If you got time you can head to Auto Sound Design at HWY7 & Main Street. Check out the yellow Corvette. It got a F1 Status Head unit. 2 Tube amps, DVD player and a lot of goodies. You would like the whole package, but as far as I know, the owner spend 30000 just for the audio, but he got the bills to burn.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:19 PM   #24
Foc us
4th Gear Member

and NO it's not in any foreign currency, it's Canadian dollar.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:21 PM   #25
SickFinga

Ohh yeah I forgot about ES models, these ones are the most expensive ones.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:24 PM   #26
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
since normally SANE audio company stock these head units, it's usually a special order item. If you got time you can head to Auto Sound Design at HWY7 & Main Street. Check out the yellow Corvette. It got a F1 Status Head unit. 2 Tube amps, DVD player and a lot of goodies. You would like the whole package, but as far as I know, the owner spend 30000 just for the audio, but he got the bills to burn.
yeah yeah yeah, it is not that hard to find a car with 100k+ for audio. But those cars are for advertising only. I spent already about 8-9k on my car audio and I still need more stuff and I didn;t even install anything, rolling with a stock. I'm actually thinking of selling all this audio stuff.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:28 PM   #27
Foc us
4th Gear Member

You got any cheap sub amp??
I just happened to need one.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:31 PM   #28
SickFinga

I dunno what do u consider as cheap, but I think I'm gonna sell Rockford Fosgate 750x amp 4channel, but I wanted to use it for my speakers(2002 model).
Old 06-11-2002, 06:36 PM   #29
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Rockford's need really low impedience bring it down to 1 ohm and I'll bet it's gonna sound so sweet.! If it's a 4 channel, get speakers with 4 ohm, don't use the normal spekers, rockfords don't like 8 ohm or above.
The biggest problem is the amp goes so hot it could actually fry an egg on full load (yeah, I'm serious), that's the biggest problem of that amp, other than that, it's built with spaceage material so it could withstand the heat. Just don't get anything flammable near it, else................you're gonna be toasted.

Last edited by Foc us; 06-11-2002 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:47 PM   #30
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

get an alpine or clarion deck...those r the best quality 1s...if ur doing subs and speakers later on go nothing but jbl and infinfity for subs, speakers, amps...my cuz can turn his pioneer deck up to 40 and get perfect sound out of his system with hardly any distortion
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: