Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-28-2002, 07:41 PM   #1
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Silver Z3 big mistake!

Okay, so it's not quite a race story, but I was in my friends car, Casablanca A4. Anyhow we're just driving around on lesile and sheppard going south on lesile.
All of a sudden, as we get rolling, this silver Z3 1.9L revs his engine pretty high for 1st gear and he passsed us.
Then I thought, this guy probably thought his car is faster than my friend's A4. So my A4 friend starts driving closer to the guy.
One thing I noticed is the PURPLE COLORED rear turning indicators, YUCK! The plate is EYES ONME
So my friend was bored and he wanted to play around w/this guy who probably thought his car is faster.
We drive through traffic and follow his tail, then he makes a rigth hander into a residential road and we followed him all the way to his house. From there we just turned back, but my friend had to the urge to show this guy a lesson if he didn't turn into the residential roads.

Anyways, Anyone recognize the owner of this car? Just a warning to that owner that he shouldn't act all cocky around my A4 friend, b/c his car isn't a stock 180hp car.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

He might have had Downing Atlanta Supercharger under the hood.

Serge

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 10:06 PM   #3
Gamite

LOL, you followed him right to his house?? he probably thought you guys were stalkers..

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 10:20 PM   #4
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally posted by KIRASIR
He might have had Downing Atlanta Supercharger under the hood.

Serge
Nope, Now downing Atlanta supercharger. I have a good ear on engine sounds, turbos, superchargers, etc, and I can imitate the sounds too with my voice

Obviously no supercharger
Old 05-28-2002, 10:20 PM   #5
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
LOL, you followed him right to his house?? he probably thought you guys were stalkers..
Hey Gamite,

LOL, yeah we followed him to his house. Anyways I bike around that area a lot so maybe I'll pay a visit again when I bike
Old 05-28-2002, 11:11 PM   #6
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Re: Silver Z3 big mistake!

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
Okay, so it's not quite a race story, but I was in my friends car, Casablanca A4. Anyhow we're just driving around on lesile and sheppard going south on lesile.
All of a sudden, as we get rolling, this silver Z3 1.9L revs his engine pretty high for 1st gear and he passsed us.
Then I thought, this guy probably thought his car is faster than my friend's A4. So my A4 friend starts driving closer to the guy.
One thing I noticed is the PURPLE COLORED rear turning indicators, YUCK! The plate is EYES ONME
So my friend was bored and he wanted to play around w/this guy who probably thought his car is faster.
We drive through traffic and follow his tail, then he makes a rigth hander into a residential road and we followed him all the way to his house. From there we just turned back, but my friend had to the urge to show this guy a lesson if he didn't turn into the residential roads.

Anyways, Anyone recognize the owner of this car? Just a warning to that owner that he shouldn't act all cocky around my A4 friend, b/c his car isn't a stock 180hp car.
So what did this guy do to deserve a threat like that? "Just a warning" What the $#@ is that about?

The 4 banger BMW motors NEED to be revved up to get much of anything about them; maybe he just drives like that.

Geesh. First you stalk the guy to his house, and then post threats about him acting cocky on the internet....

I'm just curious as to what *lesson* your friend was going to teach him? About what an idiot he is for racing on city streets?....

Take the racing to the track guys....it's where it belongs.

You guys are starting to sound like Rob....

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 11:19 PM   #7
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Re: Re: Re: Silver Z3 big mistake!

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3

Hey Pat, leave me out of it!
I figured you'd get a kick out of that....

Pat
Old 05-28-2002, 11:50 PM   #8
330DTM
Cinematographer

Re: Re: Silver Z3 big mistake!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad-Karma

So what did this guy do to deserve a threat like that? "Just a warning" What the $#@ is that about?

The 4 banger BMW motors NEED to be revved up to get much of anything about them; maybe he just drives like that.

Geesh. First you stalk the guy to his house, and then post threats about him acting cocky on the internet....

I'm just curious as to what *lesson* your friend was going to teach him? About what an idiot he is for racing on city streets?....

Take the racing to the track guys....it's where it belongs.

You guys are starting to sound like Rob....

Pat
ANYHOW...
I was waiting for Pat or the track junkies to say this to my thread

Anyways, besides about the stupidity of what happened today, I know for a fact that he was trying to show off. Not only from reving up the engine to his body language, but blarring the music, having the left hand at the 12'o clock position on the steering wheel and changing lanes cutting through traffic, trying to run away and taking the corners quick.
Hmm now isn't that daily NORMAL DRIVING!!!!

I'm not here to say we should punish those who try to show off, but it was a typical action that teenagers do. Personally I don't take my agressive driving out on other drivers, as a teenager myself.

And I think you should cool it on ROB, because I'm sure there are many more idiotic drivers out there w/BMW's and Mercedes who drive like fools and pricks!

Plus, I'm sure any driver has gone through the stage of F**kin' around w/other drivers due to egotism and feel for power. I'm sure you "track'ers" have yourself before you guys started tracking seriously!!
Old 05-29-2002, 08:06 AM   #9
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Hey Mike,

I understand there are idiot drivers out there; you just didn't say fully what this guy was doing.

What I hate, are threats made over the internet, specifically when it involves 3000+ lb cars; nobody wins a battle of road rage...and I must admit, if it was me that somebody followed home, I'd be looking for *solutions* of other than a vehicular nature, that's all.

It just seemed a little extreme to me to offer *just a warning* to some guy who thinks he has a fast car but doesn't....that's all.

Remember, there is ALWAYS a faster car out there.

From my own, OLD perspective, I look at the guys who weave back and forth through traffic and hope to heck those guys AREN'T going where I am....rather than following them.

Guys like that give EVERY driver a bad name, and not just the BMW crowd.

As to Rob, well, I know more about Rob that he thinks; I had an interesting conversation with the guy who owned Rob's car before he did (and an even more interesting conversation ABOUT that guy afterward...).

Needless to say, I'm not surprised the motor died shortly after Rob bought it...

Pat
Old 05-29-2002, 08:13 AM   #10
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver Z3 big mistake!

Quote:

Hey Pat,it's really really dumb of you to take shots at me over the internet. I don't think you are being sarcastic either. PUT A STOP TO IT!!
Let's not get into who's dumb and who's not Rob; it's a battle you'll quickly lose. What are you going to do Rob? Beat me up over the internet? I really don't think my credibility is the one at stake here....I have better things to do that posting 2000+ posts on various sites around the 'net.

Shall I go dig up all your posts on DTMpower, Maxbimmer et al about your "240 kph stunts" on various highways, weaving through traffic etc? Yup, that really shows what a genius you are.

I'm glad you're an enthusiast Rob, but you're more extreme than most kids I've ever met; you automatically think that you're a better driver than everyone else, simply because you bought that M3. As I've said before; one of these days you're going to have a serious incident, and I can only pray that nobody I know is on the road while you're losing it...

It's your attitude Rob, and until that changes, I'm not going to *cool it*. If you can't take the heat, then I'd suggest you zip it.

Pat
Old 05-29-2002, 10:42 AM   #11
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Well, it's not so much about Allan tracking the car, but more the matter that he street raced the thing endlessly, and was often attempting to out-run the cops.

He now has an E36 Euro M3 which was his brother's car before. He borrowed it one night to go street racing, and ended up getting chased by the police. Being the bright weed that he is, he tried to out-run the cops on city streets, and finally ended up parking his brother's Euro M3 into a concrete wall sideways, doing about $12,000 damage. About the only reason the insurance company fixed the car was because of it being a Euro.

His brother made him buy the car off him then (probably with Mom and Dad's money anyway...).

Seeing as how he treated that car, I can't imagine he treated the E30 M3 too well...so I wasn't surprised when your motor was toast.

Pat
Old 05-29-2002, 12:32 PM   #12
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

hey i wonder if that was the guy from B4-4, that queer boy band that thinks they are cool. One of the guys has a silver Z3, i saw him @ autohaus once and maranello once...if i was you i woulda threw an egg on his face.. stupid 21 year olds thinkin there all bad trying to pick up 25 year olds..yahhh OK!!! losers!
Old 05-29-2002, 03:31 PM   #13
SickFinga

haha once I was driving behind them and they were driving exactly the same 2 Z3's and a prelude, I had like 4 ppl in my car, and they told me who are they, so I did a fly-by and all of us showed them a finger
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 04:14 PM   #14
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Quote:

1 of them drives an e36 M3 black with rims. I saw them at ESSO gas station at Yonge + Steeles last summer. 1 hit wonder hahahahaha!! and it wasn't even a hit!! hahahaha
when i saw them @ maranello last year, it was the same guy who now owns the silver Z3, who had the black E36, it is a 318is with 18's or 19's and an M3 badge...
Old 05-29-2002, 06:21 PM   #15
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
when i saw them @ maranello last year, it was the same guy who now owns the silver Z3, who had the black E36, it is a 318is with 18's or 19's and an M3 badge...
Rolled_out, am I missing something? I don't get about this silver Z3 you're talking about. Fill me in cause I'm lost, sorry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: