Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-01-2004, 01:30 PM   #16
E36_M_Power
4th Gear Member

u push the wrx too hard...
E36_M_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:45 PM   #17
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

Shannonville Lapping Day

First off thanks to E36_M_Power for organizing a Fun, safe event. The day went really well. I was worried that it would rain, but it held off for most of the day.
There wasn't too many cars, which was good cause we didn't have to wait to get on the track. There were just enuff.
This was my first time tracking my M3...hell this was the 1st time I've ever been on the track...And man o man it was an adrenalin(sp) rush. I never realized the capabilities my car has on the track. Its true what they say, Street racing is nothing compaired to driving on a circuit. You must pit in cause your brakes, and tires take a beating.

AutoTech: You had me worried on the way there. That traffic was crazy. You should install that e. fan you lazy bastard

Soldo: You crazy mofo. How many laps did you do on the last run?
You must done 6-7 laps straight. Your car is pretty quick. I caught some of your fish tale on camera; Pure smoke was coming from your tires
By the way I wasn't gonna run you & your buddy over. The look on you & your budd's face was priceless thou

Mpower1226: That was you w/ the wrx Sti? THe blue one right? I never knew you were a maxbimmer member
You were gunning it too!!! I saw when you back fired a couple of times...and yes flames did come out of your exhaust. Your BOV sounds insane

Stikigreenz: You shoulda been of the track more. It seemed like you were hardly on. You better have good footage on that camera

Q: What car do you think had the best lap time?

Q: On the straight away, how fast did you get up to?
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)

Last edited by 1BADBMR; 05-01-2004 at 04:06 PM.
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:03 PM   #18
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Al, I think obviously the black civic HB had the best time. I'm not sure though, that Type-R was keeping up to him pretty quick. The black Jetta probably took 2nd palce.

The first few laps in the beginning I hit 140 because I was really slow comming out of the last turn before the straight. Towards the end of the event I took the last corner a lot quicker (man so much body roll) and I managed to get 160-170 but I almost lost it at the 1st turn. The guy at the pit was waving that yellow flag faster and faster.. haha. He didn't want me to get owned like Kevin did by that Civic.. LOL joking Kev. Anyways, I averaged 80-90 in the corners. I shifter way too early because I got scared after seeing what happened to that 328. Kept the revs under 6K. Rain makes everything more interesting though. It also helped to keep the tires much cooler which is something I liked. It's quite hard to slide on that track for some reason.

I wanted to catch up to you guys the whole time. I had Kevin on my ass for a while, but I had to let him pass in the straights. I honestly wish there were laps timers. Then we could safely compete without risking crashing into each other. Next time, someone bring a stop watch and time us from the pits!

Dave, I didn't know that was you in the WRX! You're a good driver. I would have let you drive my car too and show me the lines. However, I think my e-brake was loose. I don't know whether or not you heard it, but it was making a REALLY loud rattling noise everytime I cornered hard. You could hear it from the pit. Yeah that was my car! I was paranoid about tire wear too. When you came over I had just finished 6 continous laps. Brakes held up quite good, and tires never showed signs of overheating. They just got stickier

I'm happy because I managed to lapp the 330ci, the guy had no clue of the line. I mastered a few of the corners, but I had crazy body roll in a lot of them which means I still didn't know the line. I really need to take some driving lessons.

Anyways, did anyone find out what happened to the 328is? I think he blew his valvetrain from overevving. Whenever he started his car you could hear grinding noises from his engine. Hope the guy made it home.

Now, where are those pics and vidz?

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 05-01-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:28 PM   #19
E36_M_Power
4th Gear Member

Re: Shannonville Lapping Day

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BADBMR
First off thanks to E36_M_Power for organizing a Fun, safe event. The day went really well. I was worried that it would rain, but it held off for most of the day.
There wasn't too many cars, which was good cause we didn't have to wait to get on the track. There were just enuff.
This was my first time tracking my M3...hell this was the 1st time I've ever been on the track...And man o man it was an adrenalin(sp) rush. I never realized the capabilities my car has on the track. Its true what they say, Street racing is nothing compaired to driving on a circuit. You must pit in cause your brakes, and tires take a beating.

AutoTech: You had me worried on the way there. That traffic was crazy. You should install that e. fan you lazy bastard

Soldo: You crazy mofo. How many laps did you do on the last run?
You must done 6-7 laps straight. Your car is pretty quick. I caught some of your fish tale on camera; Pure smoke was coming from your tires
By the way I wasn't gonna run you & your buddy over. The look on you & your budd's face was priceless thou

Mpower1226: That was you w/ the wrx Sti? THe blue one right? I never knew you were a maxbimmer member
You were gunning it too!!! I saw when you back fired a couple of times...and yes flames did come out of your exhaust. Your BOV sounds insane

Stikigreenz: You shoulda been of the track more. It seemed like you were hardly on. You better have good footage on that camera

Q: What car do you think had the best lap time?

Q: On the straight away, how fast did you get up to?
The best lap time was made by that black civic.
E36_M_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:24 PM   #20
Peter1998
3rd Gear Member

hmm it seems my clutch/flywheel problem more than engine now..
Peter1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:34 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

vids?

soldo...this is what your 5th time on the track and your doing that shit? your lucky u didnt write that car off..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:16 PM   #22
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Sounds like fun guys, I don't understand why you guys are melting your tires and making your brakes smoke though.....

I still think I'm going to do a few more schools before hitting up a lapping day. At least if I mess up at a school insurance is there to back me up, the same can't be said at a lapping day, especially if it's timed.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 12:56 AM   #23
Soldo
6th Gear Member

HEHEHEHE!
What a DAY, what a DAY!

It was awesome needless to say, i had tons of fun, and that bastard in the civic intimidated the hell outta me, he just kept making me push my car harder and harder, until i did a little offroading in my car, and almost got run down by ALVIN, hehehe, kidding!

The last time i went on the lap, i did probably around 10-15 laps straight without stopping, i just got in a GOOD groove of things after the black hatch schooled me and then took me for a spin to teach me the same lines he was taking. AWESOME guy, ran me off the course but he was really cool about it!

JON: I do have a bit more track experience than that, and i was douing those things after i got use to the way my car was acting on certain turns, that first SHARP turn i drifted so many times, they should just name that turn after me, hehehe, i WISH!

Mpower1226: Damn man, i didn't even see you there, my buddy told me you were in a silver jetta, which was a rental, hahahaha!

Anyways, the ride home was pretty boring, bryan was the only reason i got home as quick as i did, except for when he was fallin asleep at the wheel i think, THATS why i came with so many people in my car, i NEED company on the way home! We gotta do it again guys, no doubt about it, just gotta figure out whats up with my car now (its shaking a little, after my off-roading incident) but nothing TOO bad, and i gotta remember to maintain my tire pressure, don't wanna hit 57 PSI again! HEHE!

I got a FEW pics i'm gonna try to develop, but i NEED to see those vids, alvin, hurry up!

EDIT: Guys, nelson, its not THAT bad man, it was pretty safe there, all honesty, i was probably one of the only dumbasses people had to watch out for (and that guy in the 330 had a constant tendency to off-road also) but there were some really pricey cars there, like new CLK benz, Z4, TT, and they weren't really pushing it, asides the CIVIC HATCH, no one had to worry about people flying by you in the turns and what not!

Last edited by Soldo; 05-02-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:09 PM   #24
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
HEHEHEHE!
What a DAY, what a DAY!

It was awesome needless to say, i had tons of fun, and that bastard in the civic intimidated the hell outta me, he just kept making me push my car harder and harder, until i did a little offroading in my car, and almost got run down by ALVIN, hehehe, kidding!

The last time i went on the lap, i did probably around 10-15 laps straight without stopping, i just got in a GOOD groove of things after the black hatch schooled me and then took me for a spin to teach me the same lines he was taking. AWESOME guy, ran me off the course but he was really cool about it!

JON: I do have a bit more track experience than that, and i was douing those things after i got use to the way my car was acting on certain turns, that first SHARP turn i drifted so many times, they should just name that turn after me, hehehe, i WISH!

Mpower1226: Damn man, i didn't even see you there, my buddy told me you were in a silver jetta, which was a rental, hahahaha!

Anyways, the ride home was pretty boring, bryan was the only reason i got home as quick as i did, except for when he was fallin asleep at the wheel i think, THATS why i came with so many people in my car, i NEED company on the way home! We gotta do it again guys, no doubt about it, just gotta figure out whats up with my car now (its shaking a little, after my off-roading incident) but nothing TOO bad, and i gotta remember to maintain my tire pressure, don't wanna hit 57 PSI again! HEHE!

I got a FEW pics i'm gonna try to develop, but i NEED to see those vids, alvin, hurry up!

EDIT: Guys, nelson, its not THAT bad man, it was pretty safe there, all honesty, i was probably one of the only dumbasses people had to watch out for (and that guy in the 330 had a constant tendency to off-road also) but there were some really pricey cars there, like new CLK benz, Z4, TT, and they weren't really pushing it, asides the CIVIC HATCH, no one had to worry about people flying by you in the turns and what not!
yeah, I was in Jetta 5spd rental, after 10laps of intensive driving, the brake faded. so I switched to 2 WRXs. one stock, one tuned up. Their owners were afraid to push the car, it was thier first time. So I took the key, used them for the rest of seassion. The blue one was more fun, so I was driving Blue wrx most of times.
Wonder why I couldnt run into you on the track, soldo. It seemed like everytime I pull into the pit, you were going out.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:12 PM   #25
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
HEHEHEHE!
, no doubt about it, just gotta figure out whats up with my car now (its shaking a little, after my off-roading incident) but nothing TOO bad, and i gotta remember to maintain my tire pressure, don't wanna hit 57 PSI again! HEHE!

when you went off the track, did you hit the apex? anyway, you should look into the control arms and bal joints. They usually go bad when you go off.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:35 PM   #26
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mpower1226
when you went off the track, did you hit the apex? anyway, you should look into the control arms and bal joints. They usually go bad when you go off.

SHITTT!
I just replaced these!
haha, ah well, well worth it, ya i took the apex, but i was going too fast, and when i entered that corner, when i began to brake, there was too much brake fade, and my brakes were useless to slow me down in time, so instead of TRYING to make the turn, i just decided to know my role and run off the course!

The car is a bit shaky just at idle, so i'm gonna try to see if its my spark plugs thats causing that, and i think i need an alignment also!

Which WRX were you mostly in, cause i remember, the WRX's that i saw were NOT TOO GOOD, but then towards the end, they started to improve, guess that was when YOU were behind the wheel, the black WRX qwas sexy as hell, so whats goin on with the pics, anyone got any yet??
Old 05-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #27
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Dammit, where are those pics and vidz!? I saw lots of people with cameras that day!

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 05:05 PM   #28
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I know, where are these pics, does anyone know the other people that came on the track, were they with another club or what, i saw i lot of cars, with a weird star on it, and i believe that was some kinda car group, KICE or something like that!

ANYONE?!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:07 PM   #29
Peter1998
3rd Gear Member

http://x86.chinaren.ca/Peter.wmv

video took by my friend before i got problem.
Peter1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:09 AM   #30
Soldo
6th Gear Member

NICE VID!

DAMN, i didn't know how bad i was taking the lines until your friend in the civic pointed out what i was doing wrong on a few turns, helped me out SO MUCH!

Does he have the video of when i was infront of him and decided to go off-roading, anymore vids!?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: