Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-20-2004, 03:37 AM   #1
Spencer
2nd Gear Member

I need a gauge cluster…

Does anyone have one that they are looking to sell? I'd rather one with new SI batteries. It must be in km’s and it must be working. I already have two that don’t work!

Thanks,

Spencer
Old 04-20-2004, 04:18 AM   #2
BimmerKris
3rd Gear Member

hey you live in edmonton good. call laurence. He live just north of St Albert, has a BMW wrecking yard. Iv'e gotten to know him pretty well over the past couple years.

His # 460-7388

www.eulogy.ca PURE CANADIAN METAL
BimmerKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:42 AM   #3
Spencer
2nd Gear Member

I've talked with Laurence; his parts are way over priced and he was a dick to me last time I was there.
He wanted over $300 for a used cluster and I had to give him my old one to get that price.
Also, all of his clusters have been sitting on a shelf and the SI batteries are dead. I spent 3 hours there last summer putting in countless clusters and none of them worked.

Laurence wanted $220 for a rear aluminum bumper in okay condition without the hardware or trim piece. That’s crazy.

If worst comes to worst Ill buy one from him. I bet once you get to know him he gives better prices.

Anyone else?

Spencer
Old 04-20-2004, 04:44 AM   #4
jeremy
6th Gear Member

300 for a used instrument cluster ...that is NUTS !!
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:52 AM   #5
BimmerKris
3rd Gear Member

yeah he hooks me up all the time. We went down there and he helped up do the center bearing, i never even bought it from him, it was brand new. I bought my car off of him, and he let us use his shop to do the motor swap and gave us all sorts of tips. He's a smart guy when it comes to bimmers. If i need anything for my car, he'll usally just give it it me, cause he doesn't want to sell a POS car, so he hooks me up pretty good. Maybe tell him i sent you. no promises though.

if not I and M imports is where i buy all my new parts, they're always cheaper then anyone.

# 454-6622

your best bet is to go in though, you'll be on the phone for a while cause it's always so busy. It's right on 156st just south of 118th ave, you'll see the sign on the side of the road.

www.eulogy.ca PURE CANADIAN METAL

Last edited by BimmerKris; 04-20-2004 at 05:56 AM.
BimmerKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:39 AM   #6
Spencer
2nd Gear Member

Okay thanks.

He's only good to you because you bought your car there. He told me that once I buy a bunch of crap he'll give me better deals.

Anyone have a cluster?

Spencer
Old 04-21-2004, 03:14 PM   #7
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

I am thinking of buying a parts car with a working cluster ............ waht would you pay??
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:27 PM   #8
Spencer
2nd Gear Member

How many Km's on the cluster and what year is if from? Is it made by Motometer or VDO? Does it take a code plug? Does it have 5K or 7K tach?

I don't know what the going rate for a cluster is - How does $100 shipped sound?
I need other things too. Give me info on the parts car.

Spencer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: