Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-14-2004, 07:02 AM   #1
Manimillion
Photographer

Wide Angle or TeleZoom?

Here is the deal, I can pick either one...

0.66X wide angle or 1.5X Zoom converters for my G2...

I love wideangle, it could be useful for alot of shots, on the other hand zoom will be useful for nature photography and other crap, only place I see it being useful is at auto cross's and thats about it

I donno which one to pick
Old 04-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #2
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

A 1.5x teleconverter wont provide whole lot of zoom when since your camera already has a marginal zoom built into it so I would recommend a wide angle lens instead. If you really looking into zoom then check out the Olympus Utrazoom C series cameras with 10x zoom then get a teleconverter for that and voila...you have the equivalent of 640mm tele.

I have both a wideangle lens (Wcon 0.7) and teleconverter (Tcon1.7x) and I use both of them extensively.

Main reason for suggesting wideangle lens instead is that youre not going to get much zoom with 3x(optical) on the G2 which is around 102 mm so adding 1.5 teleconverter will give you 153mm....not worth it in my opinion.

Last edited by WhadUpp; 04-14-2004 at 01:12 PM.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:43 PM   #3
Gamite

I see more use for the wide angle, which is why I bought that before the tele.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:58 PM   #4
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

i would definitely go with the wide vs. the tele. from the shots i've seen you take, the wide would be more useful when taking pictures of cars, and things indoors (since u will have limited space to work with).

i only use my tele when i have my tripod with me, since as u know, more tele. zoom is more sensitive to movement, plus your aperature will decrease (allowing less light) especially at night.

if you take alot of nature/landscape pics, then the tele. would be more useful. i use mine mostly for outdoors, and when i'm fully equipped.

also, the wide lens generally costs more then tele. zoom lens.

btw, i thought you just picked up the Rebel?
Old 04-18-2004, 07:04 AM   #5
whiskeym3
3rd Gear Member

I agree with these guys, good advice, get the wide angle adaptor. But make sure that your on board flash wont be hindered by it. For the F707, you need an external flash with the camera, so keep that in mind.

Whiskey

PS. You're going to love going to car shows with a wide angle and a flash, thats where youre really goign to see the advantages.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: