Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-05-2004, 04:32 AM   #1
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Break in Complete, time to race!

My dad hit the 2000km barrier on his e46. I thought that I had to take her out and see if she is worthy of the BMW name.......
I raced a guy in a 99 Maxima off the line twice and pulled on him throughout every gear up to 120km/h......haha, he was pretty suprised to see that a wagon had beat him.
I then went up to the Oakville/Milton border area and put it through the twisties. There is a definte surge of power at about 4500rpm to the redline (Must be when the double vanos kicks in). It was very good in the tight turns, steering is very responsive and the suspension is firm and solid. If it was my car, I would have gone for the sports pkg just for the bigger wheels and firmer suspension, but none the less the sportiness feel is more then adeqaute.

The self leveling xenons were a bonus going over hills and such on the back roads in milton, it really kept the road lit up.
I find the brakes in this BMW are much more sensitive and responsive then in the e36.

The growl of the inline 6 is awsome, an CAI intake system would be awsome.....

All and all, for a wagon, the new car handles and feels just like a regular 3 series sedan. Compared to the other volvo wagons we have owned, by far this is the nicest all around pkg.
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:55 AM   #2
BiBimBap
4th Gear Member

Yeah - sport/eurowagons are the ultimate sleeper cars..

The best one I've heard was Dave Letterman's Volvo that he uses to drive around incognito..

Old blue Volvo 240.. but it has a small block Chevy under the hood pushing 400 and 400... imagine a 15 year old Volvo smoking Mustangs off the line?! That would be hilarious!
BiBimBap is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: