Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-29-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TWELEVIE
Talking Just got a BMW 330Ci E46

It was out of the blue but I went with my parents to Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA and we walked away with 2003 330Ci, Black Metallic Saphire. We traded in our 2003 Nissan Maxima SE. She had 4,400 miles with no body damage whatsoever. She's a beaut'. Black leather interior, wood trim, Harmon-Kardon sound system, heated seats and headlamp washers, M-double-five spoke rims(17.0 x 8.0's), brand new Z-rated Continental tires, moon roof, and a five-speed manual transmission. She is a joy in the turns. I never knew how responsive the handling was until I drove her hard down some twisties around Vallejo, CA, my hometown. I could care less about straight line performance but she's no bum in that deparment either. Third gear pulls really hard. The 330Ci pulls harder than our old 255-horspower Maxima. The gear box is so creamy. I have no problems rowing the shifter. I feel confident I will never miss a gear.

Weatherford BMW is great. We bought the car with a 5-year/100,000 mile warranty including maintenance.

Questions: I turned off DSC by holding the button for 3 seconds. In attempts of breaking the rear loose in a turn, my car bogged and regained traction -- is this because of the Z-rated tires or did I not turn off DSC? When I turned the DSC off, the light showed in the instrument panel and a "brake" light accompanied it. When launching, are any of you able to break the rears loose? Do you drop or slip the clutch? If you drop, what RPMs do you drop the clutch at? Is it worth getting an M-steering wheel off of the M3? How would I go about getting the front bumper of the M3? Should we purhcase the BMW 6-disc CD changer from Weatherford BMW?

Too bad I have to go back to school. I am back in Colorado Springs, CO. I attend the United States Air Force Academy. Currently, Freshmen aren't allowed to own a car so "Cheri" will be garaged for a while. My father is the only other person in my immediate family that knows how to drive a car with a manual transmission so I know she'll hardly have any miles when I return for the summer. I'll post pictures of Cheri once the e-mail server comes back up.

I'm a 20-year-old with the car of my dreams.
TWELEVIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:44 AM   #2
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Nice Purchase dude. 20yrs u will love that car.. too bad u cant drive it.. But it will always be there for u..

Try to get me some Pics plzzzz Cause i like pictures more than readint text

P.S. Do u get to play with big ass weapons lke m16 and shit?

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:48 AM   #3
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Re: Just got a BMW 330Ci E46

Quote:
Originally posted by TWELEVIE
It was out of the blue but I went with my parents to Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA and we walked away with 2003 330Ci, Black Metallic Saphire. We traded in our 2003 Nissan Maxima SE. She had 4,400 miles with no body damage whatsoever. She's a beaut'. Black leather interior, wood trim, Harmon-Kardon sound system, heated seats and headlamp washers, M-double-five spoke rims(17.0 x 8.0's), brand new Z-rated Continental tires, moon roof, and a five-speed manual transmission. She is a joy in the turns. I never knew how responsive the handling was until I drove her hard down some twisties around Vallejo, CA, my hometown. I could care less about straight line performance but she's no bum in that deparment either. Third gear pulls really hard. The 330Ci pulls harder than our old 255-horspower Maxima. The gear box is so creamy. I have no problems rowing the shifter. I feel confident I will never miss a gear.

Weatherford BMW is great. We bought the car with a 5-year/100,000 mile warranty including maintenance.

Questions: I turned off DSC by holding the button for 3 seconds. In attempts of breaking the rear loose in a turn, my car bogged and regained traction -- is this because of the Z-rated tires or did I not turn off DSC? When I turned the DSC off, the light showed in the instrument panel and a "brake" light accompanied it. When launching, are any of you able to break the rears loose? Do you drop or slip the clutch? If you drop, what RPMs do you drop the clutch at? Is it worth getting an M-steering wheel off of the M3? How would I go about getting the front bumper of the M3? Should we purhcase the BMW 6-disc CD changer from Weatherford BMW?

Too bad I have to go back to school. I am back in Colorado Springs, CO. I attend the United States Air Force Academy. Currently, Freshmen aren't allowed to own a car so "Cheri" will be garaged for a while. My father is the only other person in my immediate family that knows how to drive a car with a manual transmission so I know she'll hardly have any miles when I return for the summer. I'll post pictures of Cheri once the e-mail server comes back up.

with all the changes your going to do with your car, it looks like your car of your dreams is an M3 j/k show us some pics of your ride. You're very luck I had my car when i'm 24

PS: check www.my330i.com for some step-by-step howto stuff. Its a good site if your planning on doing your own mods the site also has the M3 steering wheel retrofit stuff

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i

Last edited by crusher; 03-29-2004 at 03:51 AM.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:01 AM   #4
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

Hey thanks! I actually feel apart of the forums with a BMW. Yeah, I wish I had an M3 -- maybe I'll trade her in once I become a Second Lieutenant. As of now I'm still intimidated with the 3.0 liter's power; I couldn't imagine the power of the M3.

Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to look it up. I'm pretty sure the first thing I'll do is purchase M3 rims for the 330Ci. Should I go all out and buy the 19s or stay stuble with the 18s? I'd love to hear your opinions.

The e-mail server is down. Once it comes back up, I can get the pictures. I'll do that ASAP!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:03 AM   #5
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

As for the M-16s, yes. Hahahah. I'll be doing Parachute training this summer before I go back home and drive Cheri. Yeah, I'm getting robbed of college parties but how many people can say "Once I didn't change my underwear for 2-and-a-half weeks." Hahahahahha.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:06 AM   #6
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
hahah lol lucky u.. alaways wanted to play with those big toys. do u get a hand gun to keep for ur self if u are in the army??

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:59 PM   #7
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

Pardon the night pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00135.jpg (242.1 KB, 449 views)
Old 03-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #8
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

Check out my cousin in the passenger seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00134.jpg (194.1 KB, 430 views)
Old 03-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #9
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

Another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00133.jpg (157.3 KB, 428 views)
Old 03-29-2004, 04:02 PM   #10
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

Me in the E46
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00139.jpg (51.6 KB, 414 views)
Old 03-29-2004, 04:03 PM   #11
TWELEVIE
1st Gear Newbie

Last one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00126.jpg (239.9 KB, 408 views)
Old 03-29-2004, 10:21 PM   #12
golden
Doesn't have a car.

haha, funny pics... dont bother with 18" m3 wheels, it'll make you look like a poser

just get aftermarket 19"s.. get BBS wheels or something

i have a set of BBS 19s in the mail
Old 03-29-2004, 10:21 PM   #13
golden
Doesn't have a car.

actually, my car looks just like yours

saph black, but mine is a 325ci
Old 04-20-2004, 02:25 PM   #14
-=o0 YT 0o=-
1st Gear Newbie

Re: Just got a BMW 330Ci E46

Quote:
Originally posted by TWELEVIE

I know how you feel!I`m 20 too and I drive 330Ci Convertible!!
It`s just an AMAZING VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:15 PM   #15
golden
Doesn't have a car.

damn you guys and your rich parents!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: