Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-24-2002, 11:44 AM   #1
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Talking For all of you bashing GEO's

Here is an example what a GEO can do. BTW the engine is 1.6l, internals are stock.

http://www.kipanderson.net/media/clip21.mpg

SL

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 12:20 PM   #2
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

THATS RIGHT GEO POWER!

Here is a pic of my daily driver/winter beater '91 Geo Storm w/ 1.6L 4 banger. I'm tryin' to cheese it out with the HUGE chrome tip and Canadian Tire hubcaps. Why? I dunno? Guess it is the withdraw of not having the BMW. Oh well. I'll have the BMW back soon.

BTW I have blured out the plate since I have has some experiances with it. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 107-0741_img.jpg (162.1 KB, 89 views)

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Re: THATS RIGHT GEO POWER!

Here is mine that is been sitting in my garage for the last year.

It's nice to see a 90-91 body. You don't see many of them here in Canada.

And of course technically there is no such thing as GEO POWER. Isuzu POWER more like it. Yeah, 7200rpm Redline, baby!

SL

Quote:
Originally posted by '88 325e
Here is a pic of my daily driver/winter beater '91 Geo Storm w/ 1.6L 4 banger. I'm tryin' to cheese it out with the HUGE chrome tip and Canadian Tire hubcaps. Why? I dunno? Guess it is the withdraw of not having the BMW. Oh well. I'll have the BMW back soon.

BTW I have blured out the plate since I have has some experiances with it. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car_rightside.jpg (33.2 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by KIRASIR; 05-24-2002 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:43 PM   #4
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

Re: Re: THATS RIGHT GEO POWER!

Quote:
Originally posted by KIRASIR
It's nice to see a 90-91 body. You don't see many of them here in Canada.

And of course technically there is no such thing as GEO POWER. Isuzu POWER more like it. Yeah, 7200rpm Redline, baby!
Yeah it is an American car. Got it on the road for under $2000. And for the Geo power thing...I like the sound of that even under the hood it says Isuzu. LOL! I'm curious what I could do to get a little more performance out of it? Any suggestions?

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 01:08 PM   #5
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Re: Re: Re: THATS RIGHT GEO POWER!

Well, usually people do the following:

1) underdrive pulley
2) cold air intake (home made 15bucks+ filter)
3) headers
4) exhaust
5) RS engine swap. (that will bring you into high 13s instantly)

As a piece of advice, I would leave it the way it is. Don't put any money into a base model. If you had a GSI then it would be a bit better, modifiying the base 1.6l 90Hp engine is a waste of money and time, and in 2 years it will become a rust backet anyway.

Steve Lockett, the guy in the video, started with a 91 GSI, swapped a used 150.000mile stock RS engine, put a t3/t4 turbo on it, cranked the boost to 30psi, put some slicks on, some wheelie bars, and ran 10.9s. (I want to see any Honda engines cope with such abuse for 2 years that he spent racing his Storm) Unless you are willing to do a swap from the RS, don't bother with modding it. Use it as a winter beater.

Serge

Quote:
Originally posted by '88 325e

Yeah it is an American car. Got it on the road for under $2000. And for the Geo power thing...I like the sound of that even under the hood it says Isuzu. LOL! I'm curious what I could do to get a little more performance out of it? Any suggestions?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: