Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-23-2002, 01:37 AM   #1
WoLF
3rd Gear Member

The ///M logo

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about putting a ///M logo on the grille or back of your car. We're not talking the ///M3 logo..

Would you discourage putting it on a car such as mine? An 87 325e E30.

I'm also wondering about getting ///M stuff to put in the car, like the shift knob for example.

So, what do you think?
WoLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 01:57 AM   #2
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

well i know the E30 325is comes with "m" logo shift knob and wheel.. but as far as M325 M540 ect. that looks ghetto
Old 05-23-2002, 02:18 AM   #3
WoLF
3rd Gear Member

You talking about the badge?

As for my wheel, it came with a 4 spoke one. With a horn button on each, no ///M logo in sight. Plus its an auto, so it doesn't need a knob, I was just making an example.

What does everyone else think?
WoLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 03:04 AM   #4
Gamite

Personally I think the "badge" is tacky, just the badge, I mean its like a $10 piece of coloured plastic, if you pay the money to get like rims or a shift knob thats different, no need to buy some little badge to prove anything.

But thats just my opinion, I have no beef with people putting badges on their cars, people are intitled to do whatever they want to their cars, I just hate it when they try to fake an M3/M5

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:24 AM   #5
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k
i think it makes a normal car look stupid when you put ///M badges on it. but i shouldnt talk i have an ///M logo shift knob, but thats because it was actually cheaper than the normal one without the ///M. go figure i think those are ok since they arnt on the outside for everyone to see. its only there for you so you can dream that you are driving an ///M car
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:11 AM   #6
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by 318iSwim
well i know the E30 325is comes with "m" logo shift knob and wheel.. but as far as M325 M540 ect. that looks ghetto
Better be careful on that one.

In 1995, BMW Canada imported 32 official M540i's into Canada.

Full E34 M5 carriage (brakes, suspension etc), with the 4.0L V-8 instead of the 3.8L inline 6.

Very nice car, and VERY quick....

If you see a car badged as an M540i, then there is a good chance it's official. The car was hand finished at Garching, which is the now BMW Individual plant (formerly the BMW M plant).

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:36 AM   #7
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
I saw a 318 with a ///M badge on it recently. I talked to him a bit and found out he had more ///M stuff than a US spec M3! Well minus the engine of course. He had the M3 LWT aluminum control arms, X-brace, M-tech suspension, full M3 body kit, custom fitted M3 exhaust, M3 euro airbox custom fitted, M3 sway bars and endlinks and finally an "///M318" badge in the rear. I'd say this guy deserved that ///M badge and I have no objection to what he did. Even my 318 had M3 sway bars,x-brace,M3 suspension and was even thinking of the M3 muffler, I didn't put the ///M badge on though. My car is debadged.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:12 PM   #8
MP525i
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to MP525i
I say if you're pushing a 3.2L M engine conversion with a super/turbo charger as well, I would definetly put the M badge on. If it's stock then I wouldn't cause you don't have the HP to back up the badge. People would see the M and wanna race. Then it all goes down hill.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:19 PM   #9
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

hahah good way to put it
Old 05-23-2002, 03:50 PM   #10
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by MP525i
I say if you're pushing a 3.2L M engine conversion with a super/turbo charger as well, I would definetly put the M badge on. If it's stock then I wouldn't cause you don't have the HP to back up the badge. People would see the M and wanna race. Then it all goes down hill.
M-technik does not just refer to the engine. They are world famous for their handling capabilities. And since the US spec M3 isn't a "real" M3 engine, just what does the "m" stand for?

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #11
SickFinga

if you want my opinion.

Don't waste money on the badge, M318 looks ghetto, debadge it for a nice clean look.
Small M badge on the grill looks nice, so go with it, but don't put M badge on the trunk.

Bad-Karma, yeah I just read about those M540 in BIMMER magazine, each car is marked like euro m3s. Pretty cool cars, if I had one, I wouldn't drive it keep it as a collection car.

btw there is also M635csi
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 04:32 PM   #12
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Bad-Karma, yeah I just read about those M540 in BIMMER magazine, each car is marked like euro m3s. Pretty cool cars, if I had one, I wouldn't drive it keep it as a collection car.
So far I've seen only 4 of these on the road and one in an auto trader. I'd love to get my hands on one. I remember the first one I saw, I thought it was fake, it was purple, then when I looked inside, EVERYTHING was marked with ///M on it, it so much that I knew that this wasnt some personal upgrade.

Old 05-23-2002, 04:40 PM   #13
Gamite

Really? schweeet.

Old 05-23-2002, 05:23 PM   #14
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
I have an M///323is on my user name, just for a laugh because it isn't one, but don't put one on your car, it is like a regular civic and putting a type R badge on it!
Ciao
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:35 PM   #15
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by MTRD

M-technik does not just refer to the engine. They are world famous for their handling capabilities. And since the US spec M3 isn't a "real" M3 engine, just what does the "m" stand for?

Bryan
hmm why it is not REAL m3 engine, yes it is real but it is a cheaper version of m3 engine.
So if BMW put m sign on it, it is real
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: