Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Z series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-12-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
97 Z3 2.8
2nd Gear Member

Bored TB

Just slapped on Toms old bored out TB. It wouldn't hold the boost on Toms car, but works great on mine. Once Tom bought a replacement Throttle Position Sensor (Thanks Bud) the car ran really nice. Throttle response is improved nicely, and there may be some HP gains. To be honest I'm not quite in tune with my new found HP yet, so if it gained 10hp I wouldn't know it. Hell even if it lost 10 I'd still be thinking it's great.... the cams, manifold, CAI and Software really make quite a difference.

Bill
97 Z3 2.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:14 PM   #2
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Thanks Bill;

I'm glad we were able to narrow it down to that as the main cause... let me know how it works out... Dyno coming as soon as the boost gauge is hooked up...

T.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
97 Z3 2.8
2nd Gear Member

Seems to be O.K. so far, but I haven't driven the car very much lately. I'm not spending any cash until my first payment on the house is made. Then I'll do the e-test and get the sticker for my plates. I'll be able to let you know if the ASC light has a habit of turning on then.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:14 PM   #4
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Sorta off topic, was there a really big difference when you guys installed your cams? I did the m50 manifold w/ software, I got some nice top end now, but the low end did suffer a bit.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #5
97 Z3 2.8
2nd Gear Member

Cams were good, the low end is a little flatter than stock, but the high end rush is worth it.

Tom's blown so all he can tell is that it's really freakin fast...

I got a ride yesterday and yup- that thang's quick!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: