Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-02-2004, 08:35 AM   #1
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

Post Oil with petrol is it good to the car

Hi guys,,

Yesterday there was a guy filling petrol in a petrol station ( our petrol iss 98 Octane)

I saw him adding about let us say a cup of tea engine oil with the petrol ( his car is E34 540i ) ,, I asked him he told me that if u put ur hand in the petrol and wait til it got dry it ur hand will be hard . So if u put some engine oil with the petrol it will be much more smooth to the engine , pistons and so

SO anybody u guys tried it Or have any idea about it,, actully it seems it will help the engine but not too much oil otherwise the car will smoke

thanx guys

Mohamed

E34 540i Manual
Eibakh Pro Kit | Blistein Shocks | EAT Chip | Racing Dynamics Front Stressbar | Racing Dynamics Swaybar Kit | 850cis Front Brake Kit | Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors All Arround | Hawk Street And Racing Brake Pads |Angel Eyes | 8000k HID Xenon Kit All Arround | Plasma Coils | JB Racing Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel

SOLD!! E38 740il

Searching for E39 M5 .......
Mohamed 525i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I do that with my lawnmower, but I'm not so sure i'd do it with my bimmer. I've heard of degunking your engine with a small ammount of diesel however.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

thanx alot

waiting others reply

E34 540i Manual
Eibakh Pro Kit | Blistein Shocks | EAT Chip | Racing Dynamics Front Stressbar | Racing Dynamics Swaybar Kit | 850cis Front Brake Kit | Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors All Arround | Hawk Street And Racing Brake Pads |Angel Eyes | 8000k HID Xenon Kit All Arround | Plasma Coils | JB Racing Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel

SOLD!! E38 740il

Old 03-03-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
Fern
2nd Gear Member

Oil mixed in fuel tank of petrol engine?

I have only heard of diesel oil being used by mechanics as a means of removing sludge... Now, in the fuel tank, I wouldn't think this is in the best interest of your fuel pump and injectors.

That said,
Cummins Centinel Advanced Engine Oil Management System which is available on L10 and up OTR truck engines takes a small amount of oil out of the lubrication system when the engine is running and pumps it into the fuel tank to be burned in the engine. This oil is replaced in the engine with fresh oil out of an onboard tank. Oil change intervals can be extended to 525,000 miles with this system. "The result is a better protected, better running engine". Quote from Cummins web site.

But this example is oil in deisel fuel, not petrol..
I have also heard of guys using 2 stroke oil in the diesel fuel tank to help lubricate and protect. Again, I would not suspect it is good for Direct Injection type systems.

You best use fuel and oil as per manufacturers recommendations.. unless you want a curious venture to end up as a costly lesson.

'99 BMW 540i6 (black on black)
'99 Lexus Rx300
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:07 AM   #5
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

Re: Oil mixed in fuel tank of petrol engine?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fern
I have only heard of diesel oil being used by mechanics as a means of removing sludge... Now, in the fuel tank, I wouldn't think this is in the best interest of your fuel pump and injectors.

That said,
Cummins Centinel Advanced Engine Oil Management System which is available on L10 and up OTR truck engines takes a small amount of oil out of the lubrication system when the engine is running and pumps it into the fuel tank to be burned in the engine. This oil is replaced in the engine with fresh oil out of an onboard tank. Oil change intervals can be extended to 525,000 miles with this system. "The result is a better protected, better running engine". Quote from Cummins web site.

But this example is oil in deisel fuel, not petrol..
I have also heard of guys using 2 stroke oil in the diesel fuel tank to help lubricate and protect. Again, I would not suspect it is good for Direct Injection type systems.

You best use fuel and oil as per manufacturers recommendations.. unless you want a curious venture to end up as a costly lesson.

Thanx for sharing

Mohd.

E34 540i Manual

SOLD!! E38 740il

Old 03-04-2004, 07:09 AM   #6
Rush
3rd Gear Member

It's not a common at all for the bimmer ... there must be a reason ... just my 2 cents
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: