Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-28-2004, 04:04 PM   #1
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
A sad day for MERC (C230 hatch)

Are these things fast?

I raced around on hwy 7 with one and I out cornered and out accelerated this thing. It was pretty slow. He was tailing my ass all the way from York. I finally pulled beside the guy crusing speed at 90-100km/h, he gave me a bad stare then floored it. He passed me by about 1 car space then I downshifted into 3rd and floored it. I passed him in a few seconds. I slowed down to about 80 then he flew by me. Came up to a nice bend and he jammed on the brakes. I actually floored it right through the bend and completely lost him after that. I hit 140km/h throughout the bend. I out cornered a MERC C230 hatch, on winter tires!

Not impressed with the MERCs at all. I thought those cars had more grunt in them. Maybe it's just because my car's modded? Anyways, afterwards I saw the MERC again tailing another white 330ci. He must really hate bimmers

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 02-28-2004 at 04:08 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

HAH!
Damn, that does suck!
i USED to like those cars!

But just like the ti 3er, if they came with more powerful engines those cars would be unstopable!
Old 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
HAH!
Damn, that does suck!
i USED to like those cars!

But just like the ti 3er, if they came with more powerful engines those cars would be unstopable!
They are still 6's aren't they or are they supercharged 4's? But then again MERC's are heavy and they only come with auto tranny's. It's probably like racing an auto 525.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 02-28-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #4
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

no i think the crap C class with the base engine can come with maunal tranny...but still i hate mercedes
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by T_DOT_BIMMER
no i think the crap C class with the base engine can come with maunal tranny...but still i hate mercedes
I didn't know MERC's have manual tranny's now. When did this start? Which models have manual? I had the chance to buy an AMG modified C280, but I bought my bimmer instead beacuse I hate AUTO! Plus, the MERC's suspension is waaaay too soft and the car's too heavy.

Bry

Old 02-28-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Ya, bry, the only BENZ's you can grab in canada with an standard transmission is the BASE MODEL SLK, and i THINK the 6cyl. SLK, and the C230 HATCH, and the 230 is a 2.3L SUpercharged 4, not bad......for a chrysler engine, hehehe!

The manual tranny was always offered with these cars, which is another reason why i liked them, but i doubt there are many on the road. Most people who drive benzes are to fancy to drive stick!
(VLAD, hehehe)
Old 02-28-2004, 04:27 PM   #7
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Ya, bry, the only BENZ's you can grab in canada with an standard transmission is the BASE MODEL SLK, and i THINK the 6cyl. SLK, and the C230 HATCH, and the 230 is a 2.3L SUpercharged 4, not bad......for a chrysler engine, hehehe!

The manual tranny was always offered with these cars, which is another reason why i liked them, but i doubt there are many on the road. Most people who drive benzes are to fancy to drive stick!
(VLAD, hehehe)
I've heard bad things reguarding the manual tranny's for the MERC's sold in Europe. Most people buy the Auto's since the MERC's gearboxes are quite sloppy.

Anyways, for a 2.3L supercharged 4, that motor sucked big time. This motor is American? So I assume it's not sold in Europe?

Bry

Old 02-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #8
Soldo
6th Gear Member

dunno if its american, that was just a cheap shot at all the merc fans!
but from what i've read, the manual tranny on the current MERC's are very well mademaybe thats only for the US cars, i dunno!
Old 02-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

manual trannys - the c coupe, c230 kompressor

the manual trannies suck, i drove the c230kompressor, the first 2 gears are good, after that the high RPM power blows

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:51 PM   #10
HooliGaN*
GILF HUNTER

Send a message via ICQ to HooliGaN* Send a message via MSN to HooliGaN*
Quote:
and the 230 is a 2.3L SUpercharged 4, not bad......for a chrysler engine, hehehe!

(VLAD, hehehe)
this is wrong the hatches are super charged 1.8's throwing down 195hp

so thats impressive

the only 230's with 2.3's are the older 4 door ones like my moms
HooliGaN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 12:04 AM   #11
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HooliGaN*
this is wrong the hatches are super charged 1.8's throwing down 195hp

so thats impressive

the only 230's with 2.3's are the older 4 door ones like my moms
WOW!
really?!
i had no idea!?

i just assumed because of the badging that its a 2.3L, but i knew it was a 4 banger!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:39 AM   #12
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Hey Bry if You read some kills stories on mecedes forum you will see that mercedes owner can not wait to race a bimmer . Thos guy are so hungry of beating bimmer .
No wonder why hahah
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

I dunno i dont think that merc was the supercharged one cuz i kno as a fact that those things can boogy my buddy took one for a test drive and he said it is close to my 328 performance if not faster.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #14
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

This entire thread needs a grammar checker.

Anywho, I've raced a C230K, all the way up to around 210. They are reasonably quick, he kept up just fine. I suspect the one you raced was auto, Bry.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #15
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystikal
This entire thread needs a grammar checker.

Sorry guys, but THAT was funny!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: