Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Need BMW part # for push in clips. Anyone with ETK wanna look it up for me?

I've included a picture. Basically when I installed my Dinan chip I misplaced the clips for the cover. This is just a rubber peice that covers up the computer box.

I've pointed out the clips I need. I've been to Autohaus and T&C, spent more than 30 min at Autohaus and the guy couldn't find the part on the ETK disc.

Thanks,

Bry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00016.jpg (51.5 KB, 206 views)
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:49 AM   #2
finale36
2nd Gear Member

i gone thru 3 dealerships parts counters looking for parts before. i found the one at parkview fairly helpful and the one in whitby really handy. i bet you'd save some time if you emailed them the picture. maybe call and say, cal i email you the picture, they have their email address's listed i nthe staf directory's if they are regular employee's
finale36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 03:11 AM   #3
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Well, I've been looking through the ETK for the last 20 minutes, nothing, I even tried to find it for my car (they're the same) and I can't find it.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 03:19 AM   #4
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
Well, I've been looking through the ETK for the last 20 minutes, nothing, I even tried to find it for my car (they're the same) and I can't find it.
LOL I actually kept pointing at the screen when I was at autohaus. I was telling the guy where to click on, still no luck either. This is annoying. I'm pretty sure BMW specifically dsigned these clips and they are very specific. Maybe I have to find a trashed E36..

Thanks for helping me look Nelson. I think maybe BMW needs to update their ETK.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 02-21-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Still can't find the stupid part #, I've looked on the ETK once again, still no luck!

Someone please help me!

Thanks,

Bry

Old 02-24-2004, 01:05 AM   #6
finale36
2nd Gear Member

did you email a dealership with the picture and ask them to find the bit for you. someone will locate it. it's probably jsut some generic rubber plugs they use for everything.
finale36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:44 AM   #7
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by finale36
did you email a dealership with the picture and ask them to find the bit for you. someone will locate it. it's probably jsut some generic rubber plugs they use for everything.
that is exactly what i was thinking. If you have one just bring it in with you.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 02-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #8
SickFinga

Can you take a close up of the clip? I cant see how it looks. I think i found it
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #9
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Can you take a close up of the clip? I cant see how it looks. I think i found it
Thanks Vlad. Only problem is, I don't have any of the clips at all!

I know what they look like though, can you post a pic of it if possible?

Thanks,

Bry

Old 02-25-2004, 01:01 AM   #10
SickFinga

Attached Images
File Type: jpg clippn.jpg (226.3 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-25-2004, 01:02 AM   #11
SickFinga

Attached Images
File Type: jpg clippn2.jpg (222.0 KB, 63 views)
Old 02-25-2004, 02:07 AM   #12
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
my guess is #14.

btw, sickfinga, where did u get that software?
Old 02-25-2004, 02:31 AM   #13
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Looks kinda like #27. It's a push in clip. It doesn't screw in and there's no need to turn, just push, click and it's in. You need to pop it out with a screw driver inorder to remove it. #27 is the only one that looks like a push in clip to me. Man this is pissing me off.

Thanks for the help though Vlad.

Bry

Old 02-25-2004, 02:34 AM   #14
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
I dont think it came to a point like that at the bottom though.... I was playing with them a lot when I got my chip, and I was also guessing by size. (I didnt measure it, just guessing)

did u want a pic of it? I can snap one tomorrow if u want.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:21 AM   #15
thinair
moderationistismingly

I have my DME cover off, I'll take a look at the clips tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: