Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
Phazer
2nd Gear Member

Microfilter

Found out that my A/C microfilter is not behind my glovebox like on left hand drive BMW's but towards to the middle of he dash on the driver's side thanks to Gizmo. When the filter was out I tested my A/C and it blows me away!!! Before I could hardly feel the air coming out. So if I leave the filter out will anything bad happen? Or should I just put a new filter in?
Old 02-25-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
4life
2nd Gear Member

nothing bad will happen, but your interior will be more dirty as dust and stuff will be sucked right in and settle inside your car. Why not just buy another one?

JJ
4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:37 PM   #3
Phazer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 4life
nothing bad will happen, but your interior will be more dirty as dust and stuff will be sucked right in and settle inside your car. Why not just buy another one?

JJ
Yeah sure, I can just by another one, but my A/C is working SOOO STRONGLY now, it really blows air now into the car. A new filter will probarly affect it, probarly not with much, but still.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Don't drive around without the filter. When I go past construction sites in my truck (no filter) I can visually see the dust come in. In the winter I get the same thing with snow when I first start mytruck.

I replaced the microfilter in my mom's 525i. The one I removed was black. I replaced and and it was a huge improvement with a clean filter. The air blows a lot harder.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
Gizmo
2nd Gear Member

I just gave mine a very good cleaning and put it back, it blows just as hard with a clean filter.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:56 AM   #6
Phazer
2nd Gear Member

Drove today to Johannesburg from Pretoria on the highway with the filter out, will clean it like Gizmo said and then try it tommorow when I go on the highway to randburg. If it is good I will keep it in or else just get new filter.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: