Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-26-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
LukeE30IX
2nd Gear Member

4 to 5

earlyer this year i saw some guy had changed the boltpattern on his E30 from 4 to 5, i need to know what cars he got those from. I think the backs were off of a Z3 or something. thanks
By the way it was a sweet car.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:10 PM   #2
beammer12000
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to beammer12000
there of the e30 m3 thats the best fit anything eles you will have a hard time with.

Your Nobody Unless You Drive A Bimmer
beammer12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
hammoj28
2nd Gear Member

I know af a guy who used parts of off an E30 M3 to do the five stud conversion.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:31 PM   #4
NickP

I have no idea how you're going to pull off a 5 lug conversion on the front of an iX... the front strut is quite different from every other e30 isn't it?
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
hammoj28
2nd Gear Member

Damn, didn't think of that.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:43 PM   #6
jeremy
6th Gear Member

if you're talking about the guy with the white e30, this is the list he sent me:

What model E-36 suspension are you swapping? The front struts and spindles fit from the E-36, but you have to use the E-30 strut hats. You can use the E-30 lower control arms, with the E-30 M3 offset control arm bushings and machine 6mm out of the bushing brackets. This is done to center the front wheels in the wheel well. The E-36 M3 struts and spindles are the better ones to use because they use larger rotors and calipers. In the rear the 318ti, z3, and m-roadster trailing arms and spindles will bolt up. The m-roadster trailing arms are reinforced and come with larger calipers and rotors. The parking brake cables off your E-30 must be used because the E-36 models listed above are to short and won't reach the parking brake inside the car. With the E-36 M3 front struts and spindles you will need 17in. rims to clear the larger rotors and calipers. Hope that helps.

The Z3 and 318TI are the same as the E-30. It is however cheaper and easier to replace the trailing arms and spindles as one unit, then it is to order the spindles from the dealer remove the trailing arm assem., press the old spindles out, press the new spindles in, and then re-install the whole assembly again! Also if you read in my post i said the better trailing arms to run are the M-Roadster. These are the closest match to the E-36 M3 front suspension. The trailing arms are beefier ( re-inforced) to deal with the power of the M50 / M52 motor. Also they have bigger calipers similiar to those that the E-36 M3 runs on the rear suspension
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: