Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-18-2004, 05:17 AM   #16
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I'm just curious, why not buy a 325?

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #17
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Well, I'd personally just do a 325/8 or M3 swap. Yůu'll have more potential out of the box. You'll need to upgrade the suspension anyway, but are you planning on keeping your car at stock height forever?

Regarding the brakes, 318 brakes are the same as 325 brakes, so you should be ok for a while there, just get some decent pads, if you want to move up to M3 front brakes you can get a set for under a grand. Upgrading the rear brakes isn't totally necessary.

Getting a lot of N/A power for the 1.8L isn't really an inexpensive possibility, plus once you do it, you're car won't be very streetable. Especially since you'll spend a whole lot less money just dropping a 2.5L in there.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 08:55 PM   #18
Gurvinder
4th Gear Member

as far as the supension is goin it has coilovers on it right now would that hold up ok for a i6 and how bout the tranny and diff wat parts would i need to replce to drop a m3 or 328 in if ne one has dun and has list of thing they had to replce plz send me it
thanks
cheers
Gurvinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: