Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2004, 10:35 PM   #1
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Anyone wanna go drifting?

Drift Nation

I'm almost considering it.......with my 15's on the rear and walmart tires.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. It痴 habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, I知 Nelson, and I知 a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #2
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

NICE there doing classes!
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
thinair
moderationistismingly

....and competition.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. It痴 habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, I知 Nelson, and I知 a drivaholic."
Old 02-17-2004, 12:42 AM   #4
ierrahh
5th Gear Member

whats drifting
ierrahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:04 AM   #5
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Hmmmm...

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:12 AM   #6
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by ierrahh
whats drifting
drift ( P )
v. driftキed, driftキing, drifts
v. intr.
1. To be carried along by currents of air or water: a balloon drifting eastward; as the wreckage drifted toward shore.

2. To proceed or move unhurriedly and smoothly: drifting among the party guests.

3. To move leisurely or sporadically from place to place, especially without purpose or regular employment: a day laborer, drifting from town to town.

4. To wander from a set course or point of attention; stray.

5. To vary from or oscillate randomly about a fixed setting, position, or mode of operation.

6. To be piled up in banks or heaps by the force of a current: snow drifting to five feet.

7. the art of induced, controlled over steer of a vehicle. A vehicle is induced to perform extreme loss of rear traction; this is done way before the corner exit and is connected to the next corner, aka this: http://members.chello.nl/adevo/andreupload.WMV (6MB - Divx)
Old 02-17-2004, 04:03 AM   #7
Soldo
6th Gear Member

My sister went to this last year at the HEARSHY CENTER, and i was gonna go, but couldn't make it!

And as fun as it sounds slappin 15's on the rear, DON'T DO IT!
i remember, i did that once when TOYOTA NATIONS held a DRIFT DAY at shanonville, and i brought my 15's just for that, had 18's up front, and 15's out back, and i thought i was cool, impressin the toyota boys sliding out the car, till i after 10 or so laps i lost the ass and got stuck in some mud, had to get pused out by the guys,
Old 02-17-2004, 04:27 AM   #8
thinair
moderationistismingly

Well if I was do do it there is no way i'd be killing $500 in rubber for one day. Plus you need to bring 2 spare tires.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:31 AM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Thats what i did, i brought, my no good all-season tires, that were already mounted on my 15's that came with the car ( i was gonna use these to put winter rims on, so this was the perect thing to do with them) so i put the 15's in my trunk, showed up rollin on 18's all around, did some laps, impressed a few, slaped the 15's on the rear, did some more laps, looked like an ASSSSSHOLE!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: