Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #16
AndreNY
6th Gear Member

listen bro you have a nice car, if you do it. do it the right way. BONRATH, the self made one is never gonna look like that, and plus on a Bonrath the arm is much Thicker, and the arm stays straight as the wiper
Old 02-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #17
6piston
3rd Gear Member

here's the argument

Felix's kit is Cheap but you need to cut and mod the assembly but the wiper's arm is stock and it's not straight...

Andre's costs but comes in a kit with a new straight and thick wiper arm, doesn't require cutting and modding..

they are actually 2 different kit.

so it's your choice cos you're paying for different things.

but here's a pic of andre's,

here's felixes,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (105.6 KB, 201 views)

2.5|Unichip|MAF conversion|M50 Injectors|Coilovers|AC Schnitzer exhaust|Replica ACS Body|Replica AC Schnitzer Type 2 wheels|Pioneer DEH-P6850MP|crystal headlights|LED tail lights

Will soon be a V12!!http://www.euroasians.net
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com
6piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:23 PM   #18
toffa182
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to toffa182
regarding the wiper arm. if you don't want to use the original, bent one like felix, you can just go to the junkyard and buy one off an old mercedes or whatever.

everyone has their own solution, i'm totally cool with that. but when a new kit costs such a ridiculous amount of money it's just not on the top of my list. i mean you can get lots of other stuff for that kind of money.
toffa182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:24 PM   #19
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
If i were to do it id rather use felix since I cant justify the cost of Bornath or whatever.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:02 PM   #20
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
The mono wiper blade kits are on ebay right now for 180$ american. Includes a 21" blade and new wiper arm.........Made by bosch, I wouldn't cheese out on this one, it will never look as good or clear the window the same way.
A nice upgrade for the e30's, it looks awsome!
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #21
AndreNY
6th Gear Member

all im saying is if your gonna do it do it the right way. Yes a BONRATH system is alot of money but in the end it pays back. I just wish i didnt buy mine in so much hurry, otherwise i would have gotten the AC Scnitzer one, which has a spoiler and a 2 piece arm

Old 02-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #22
SebSter
6th Gear Member

if i had the money i would get the kit.. but theres no way i can justify 300dollars (cad) for it, especially when there are more important things that my car needs in that price range

.. im wondering, why not just buy a thicker wiper arm... place it vertical on the middle wiper pivot.. and just tinker with the motor so that it does a close to 180degree pivot ... get what i mean? it would sit the same as on Andre's car (and look the same provided i get a similar wiper arm).. the only difficulty would be to increase the range of motion from half the windshield, to cover the full thing

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:07 PM   #23
toffa182
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to toffa182
Quote:
Originally posted by SebSter
.. im wondering, why not just buy a thicker wiper arm... place it vertical on the middle wiper pivot.. and just tinker with the motor so that it does a close to 180degree pivot ...
that's exactly what we're talking about

by extending one of the arms by half an inch or whatever (you can't just tinker with the motor itself, it's the rest of the mechanical part that's needs to be tinkered with), the wiper gets an almost 180 degree motion.

then you just have to change it's resting position to wherever you want.
toffa182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #24
Albertae30
3rd Gear Member

ok also i am person that is getting into fabrication and frankly speaking how hard woould it be to honestly make a wiper arm they don't look that hard. i bet i could make a thick one maybe i will try this.
Albertae30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:57 PM   #25
felixthecat
Was touched by Micheal

Send a message via MSN to felixthecat
i'll make this easy for every body.....if you buy the kit,your getting a fancier looking mechanism than stock,but if you measured yours,it would be the same,just missing that 1/2 inch. you can do anything with the fabbed kit,you could do with thestore bought one(wiper in the middle,either side,full 180)it basically comes down to what kinda guy are you?a builder or a buyer?...........for that kinda money,i could never justify it.nobody's making that kinda money off me for something that simple!
felixthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #26
felixthecat
Was touched by Micheal

wiper arm

i actually heated one of my wiper arms up and bent it strait,easy stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (68.1 KB, 177 views)
Old 02-16-2004, 08:05 PM   #27
felixthecat
Was touched by Micheal

anybody wants help making one this spring,i'll throuh my mig in my bimmer,and come and help you,no prob.............
Old 02-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #28
SebSter
6th Gear Member

I think I'd be interested in that, we'll talk in the springtime, thx for the help

and Andre, thx to u too, honestly if I had the money and was trying to make my car really clean and nice I'd buy the kit... but for 300$ theres a lot of other things that my car needs fixed up first... its no show car yet.. but i totally understand ur point

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #29
AndreNY
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SebSter
I think I'd be interested in that, we'll talk in the springtime, thx for the help

and Andre, thx to u too, honestly if I had the money and was trying to make my car really clean and nice I'd buy the kit... but for 300$ theres a lot of other things that my car needs fixed up first... its no show car yet.. but i totally understand ur point
i understand
Old 02-17-2004, 12:37 AM   #30
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
nice and clean is when u leave it stock. I totally agree with Andre,do it the right way or dont bother
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: