Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2004, 01:19 AM   #16
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jase
I love my e30..even though it is the source of most of my stress..LOL
Don't feel too special (you too jer). I feel the SAME way about my E36, love it to death, but at the same time its killing my life!

As far as this thread goes, i've never driven an E30, but i drive an E36 and E46 regularly, and i can say, even with upgraded suspension, the E46 FEELS nice/tighter/harder/softer, all at once!

I think it HAS to, i mean how can the make a BETTER car, without making everything BETTER!
Old 02-16-2004, 02:30 AM   #17
SickFinga

Ive driven european e30 323i and 325is and E21 320i

I find my e36 m3 WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:15 AM   #18
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

maybe because u got a better motor...

would u rather have E36 M3 with say...PSS9s, intake, exhaust, or E30 with coilovers/shocks, 3.2L..?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:19 AM   #19
SickFinga

Never drove one so I dunno, but I like the looks of the e36 more and interior.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:29 AM   #20
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I think it is nice to have E30 that has amazing body and solid engine. I know these Asian ppl and they have E46 and E30 325XI. They have $$$ but still they dont want to get rid of their E30. I have this friend that hates BMW CUZ HIS DAD can not afford BMW so he drives audi. He tells me how his family had a E30 back home and it hadls very very well.
Some people ay say E36 is just more fun because thye are hungry off gewtting newer BMW. I like E46 the best e30 IS NICE but I can not stand E36 and his front light and dashboard

Last edited by lvan; 02-16-2004 at 03:33 AM.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:38 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Never drove one so I dunno, but I like the looks of the e36 more and interior.
i agree too, but it doesnt got the fun factor of an E30...its like a go kart and u feel the speed, and i dunno, its such a drivers car lol thats why i loved driving the E30

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:57 AM   #22
Jammasterj
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jammasterj
hrm well i agree that the e30s do handle well as long as you have the right parts on them but stock e30 compared to stock e36 or e46 im sorry but they don't hold a candle.
The fact of the matter is that the e30 is a classic no doubt but the e36 & e46 are better in almost every category and they have modern style which is so much more eye appealing
One of the reasons that the market is so big for them is cuz they last and they are real cheap, they are in the price range teens are looking at and the parts are cheaper than e36 and e46 as well.
thats just my 2 cents ne ways
To drive the e30 you have to love cars. otherwise you just don't purchase one
Old 02-22-2004, 04:31 PM   #23
rwh11385
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rwh11385 Send a message via Yahoo to rwh11385
E30s own. Hands down. If you like BMWs, E30s are king. BMWs are not about 1/4 miles, they are all about the curvy back roads. That is where the E30 dominated over over Bimmers.

I drive regularly more or less every BMW model. Work at a dealership and the majority of BMW's modern line has been experienced by me. And I have to say at the end of the day, I still love driving my E30 325is. The 325is is an awesome car! Tuned with chip, suspension, and some tires it is incredible.

Non-M E36's meh, aren't that great. E46's are simply heavier and softer. I know E36 M3 drivers who have said they found their E30 more fun. It's true, even with the nice HP of the S50, the E30 325is is a more spiritual drive. Would I take one? Of course. Would I sell my E30? No.

Now one car that I could love more than my E30 is an 3.0L Z4 manual. Mmmmm Silver over black..........top down, exhaust blarin. It's an amazing drive. M roadster is a beast as well, but stylin on the Z3 is questionable.

The new M3 is powerful, and is a performance monster.....but meh, you'd think it would feel faster. Too heavy. M5 is a fun four-door, really awesome. And X5 4.6is is a beast.

I think I'll love my 325is forever, and maybe pick up a 4.6is after college. That would be awesome.
rwh11385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #24
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
I like both, and had given equal consideration to an E30 M3 vs an E36 325is....

However, you're completely wrong about that last comment. The E30 M3 is a decent handling car (heck, all BMWs have been for the past 30 years...), but the E36 took a major stride forward in rear suspension design (front is nearly identical).

Given the same power to weight ratio, the E36 will blow the E30 away. For the longest time, BMW-CCA Club Racing had placed the E30 325is and the E36 325is in the same class, and the E36 typically won the race (driver skill plays a big part).

With equal drivers, the E36 is a superior chassis on the road course.

The rules for BMW-CCA Club Racing have been changed, and the E36 and E30 325's are no longer in the same class, due to the disadvantages the E30 has.

Pat
Old 02-22-2004, 08:13 PM   #25
bimmerdreamer
2nd Gear Member

I recently borrowed a girls e36 328i/4, and although the power and torque was awesome, i felt detached. The gearshift was to light, the gas pedal didnt seem as responsive to slight adjustment, and of course the handling wasnt there. For driving pleasure the e30 owns, the simple minimalistic interior is great, but its not as quiet and luxurious as the e36.

If I had to choose between a brand new e30 325is and e36 325is i would have to take the durrty thuurty.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:47 PM   #26
BimmerKris
3rd Gear Member

I love my E30 but my mom a bought a 03 325 about a year ago and if i had the chance i'd trade mine in in a second. better on the strait, but a E30 handles much better
BimmerKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:38 PM   #27
chromius
6th Gear Member

I love my e30! Its such a fun car to drive, and yes it is the source of most of my stress, but I wouldn't give it up for the world. personnaly I like the looks better of an e30 over e36, its the classic styling. (personal opinion no flaming please )

and anyone that brushes off the handeling of the e30...the numbers speak for themselvs I have read several independant tests (ie. Car and driver) that have the skid pad results at around 0.79g to 0.83g with the crappy stock 195 tires....add a set of z rated 205 tires and you would surely get up to 0.83g to 0.85g, and for comparison road and track had the e46 330i with sport package and z rated tires doing 0.86g. The e30 is my kind of car
Old 02-23-2004, 03:27 PM   #28
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Don't feel too special (you too jer). I feel the SAME way about my E36, love it to death, but at the same time its killing my life!

As far as this thread goes, i've never driven an E30, but i drive an E36 and E46 regularly, and i can say, even with upgraded suspension, the E46 FEELS nice/tighter/harder/softer, all at once!

I think it HAS to, i mean how can the make a BETTER car, without making everything BETTER!
I will give ya mine for a spin heh plus it's stick.

Are you guys talking about stress becuase off maintanance issue?
Old 02-23-2004, 03:36 PM   #29
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lvan
I will give ya mine for a spin heh plus it's stick.

Are you guys talking about stress becuase off maintanance issue?
I am...its not like its falling apart, its just the little anoyances that get to me, and there is always something to tinker with and fix, mostly due to the age. for example, I had to take my seat out the other day to replace the seat belt latch that stoped working, and one of the bolts I couldn't get loose, it was so tight, and somewhat coroded, I tried breaker bars...everything (broke 2 ratchets in the process) eventually got it, but stressfull none the less. that kind of thing....But I wouldn't trade the car for anything still love it.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #30
lvan
6th Gear Member

WELL , all cars need some attention. I think it all depends on a lack.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: