Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
V8 powered hardtop convertible roadster?

V8?.... Yes please. The new SLK55. Is it a girls car? maybe... would I drive it? hell yeah.
Video of the new SLK here





__________________
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,500
I always hated SLK and I hate this one too.
nasty.

I like the rear, but form the side and front it is just nasty.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:19 PM   #3
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
I always hated SLK and I hate this one too.
nasty.
I figured you'd be a hater.. meh.. too each there own.
I like the old ones too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skyline.jpg (121.6 KB, 209 views)
__________________

Last edited by Miguel; 02-11-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #4
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,500
CLK all the way
SLK is too gay
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #5
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member
 
BladeRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: some terrestrial planet
Posts: 662
i think i saw one of these V8 SLK55 or CLK three weeks ago. I was driving with my window down soaking up the cold fresh air and I hear ROARRRRRRRRRRR. I said what the hell I turn to see either Mustang, Comaro or Trusk and look what I find a Benz. I was suprised as hell, that exhaust was absolutely nasty. If you think muscle cars have a nice sound you should here this one even at cruise it was nasty. now imagine that when your pushing it and especially with a manual gear box OH MY GOD can we said shitting in my paints and blowing my load at the same time. Damn I wanted to get a closer look but I was comming up on my exit and he/she was already doing 70-80mph, 20mph over 55mph = one bad ticket.
__________________
Mad E30 lover
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member
 
BladeRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: some terrestrial planet
Posts: 662
oh yeah i can't see vid anyone wanta share?
__________________
Mad E30 lover
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:32 PM   #7
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,500
Quote:
Originally posted by BladeRunner
i think i saw one of these V8 SLK55 or CLK three weeks ago. I was driving with my window down soaking up the cold fresh air and I hear ROARRRRRRRRRRR. I said what the hell I turn to see either Mustang, Comaro or Trusk and look what I find a Benz. I was suprised as hell, that exhaust was absolutely nasty. If you think muscle cars have a nice sound you should here this one even at cruise it was nasty. now imagine that when your pushing it and especially with a manual gear box OH MY GOD can we said shitting in my paints and blowing my load at the same time. Damn I wanted to get a closer look but I was comming up on my exit and he/she was already doing 70-80mph, 20mph over 55mph = one bad ticket.
Nasty in a good way or nasty in a bad way??

also you cant push it with manual gear box since they came with automatics.
SLK55 are not in North America yet.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:41 PM   #8
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
also you cant push it with manual gear box since they came with automatics.
Nope... these are all 7 gear Automatics

PS, heres a P-Chop of what the Brabus version may look like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brabus_slk.jpg (220.7 KB, 200 views)
__________________
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 12:10 AM   #9
Quack
Wheelman
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,062
Send a message via MSN to Quack
front end looks very nasty because of the hood, rear end looks like a Lexus SC430, hope they are better than the old SLK, the old one is such crap, I don't recommand them to anyone, nothing but squeaks & rattles
__________________

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:52 AM   #10
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,500
Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
Nope... these are all 7 gear Automatics

PS, heres a P-Chop of what the Brabus version may look like

What do you mean NOPE?
They are automatics 3 or 10 gears
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:18 PM   #11
NightSmk
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 44
I would rather have a star in my front window then a star in front of my car.. hope that says enough!
__________________
For sale: Nice parachute - never opened - used once - slightly stained
NightSmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:49 AM   #12
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member
 
BladeRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: some terrestrial planet
Posts: 662
r u all sure its not in the U.S. yet. I mean I swear I saw that car. Well what other benz looks similar to this car then?
__________________
Mad E30 lover
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:15 AM   #13
Quack
Wheelman
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,062
Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally posted by BladeRunner
r u all sure its not in the U.S. yet. I mean I swear I saw that car. Well what other benz looks similar to this car then?
the only other benz that even looks close to it is the SLR, but the SLR is twice the size and 10x more in price, so no you probally didn't see this car
__________________

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:09 PM   #14
TiemenT
6th Gear Member
 
TiemenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 2,257
Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
there just 2 small for a proper mercedes...
__________________

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014