Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-11-2004, 04:52 AM   #1
Goran
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Goran
E30 vs. 2000 prelude

I own a 1988 325 is... I just got it back from the shop with a tune up. I got a new oil pan and pump, new wires, cap and rotor, valves were adjusted, new water pump timing belt, short shifter and a flex disk, and finally a fuel pump and filter

I got this buddy and its pisses me off how everytime we go for a pass he catches me in 3rd gear v-tech....... since my car is ready for a chip and an intake now does anybody have any feedback about the power increase from those two....

I wanna be able to beat the prelude before I race again..... so will a chip and an intake work or would i need the get a exhaust system with it???
Goran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 05:34 AM   #2
SebSter
6th Gear Member

with a chip and intake you should notice some pretty significant gains.. i have a chip and intake on mine and it made a pretty big difference. ive never run against a prelude, but i think u might be able to take it

talk to MarkD on this board, he is in Toronto and he makes chips for e30s (I got mine from him as well as a few others on this board so we can vouch for it) and not too expensive

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
What year is the prelude??
is it the H22?? if so you gonna have a hard time,you might need more then a chip and intake to take him.
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Funny, the day after I got my chip installed (and I already had an intake), I went up against a 97-01 Prelude on the highway. We were dead even.

Coincidentally, last night on the way home from the meet at BMW Autohaus, I got in a battle with a 92-96 Prelude, an SR (160hp)model. I can see his exhaust and hear his intake, but I'm not sure what else he had. Anyways, I was pulling on him slightly every run we made.

Oh, and the chip made a world of a difference on my car. Whenever I have doubts I put it back to stock for a week, and that is always a rude awakening.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #5
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Mistikal.. you also had a battle with a V6 Automatic Grand Am and you almost lost HAHHAH!

Ps. warmed the car up real nice
Old 02-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #6
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Almost lost?! You never even gained an inch! Plus, I was pulling ahead in third. Oh yeah, and the car warmed up real quick after that shit.

I got home 10mins after we got onto the 400. That Prelude was good encouragement.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: