Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2004, 04:20 AM   #1
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 856
Question Where to buy rims?

I'm going out tommorrow to get some pricing on rims for the 760. Any shops you guys recommend (around toronto)?

I was going to order them through www.wheelboutique.com but really want to see what they look like in person before buying.

I'm going to head down to Extreme Wheel & Tire (dealer recommended them), any others that are worth my time checking out?
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
WASABI
OG
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mavis
Posts: 3,221
I think www.speedstarsauto.com had some HREs on display. BC Auto carries some nice Dronnell 20"-21"s.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick
 
Slowered318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,978
Wheel and tire zone.. eglington just west of dixie
__________________
The major difference between my 318is and an e30 M3 is that the noises come from the engine and not the passengers
Slowered318 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:11 PM   #4
Krim 325I
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 398
Re: Where to buy rims?

Quote:
Originally posted by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
I'm going out tommorrow to get some pricing on rims for the 760. Any shops you guys recommend (around toronto)?

I was going to order them through www.wheelboutique.com but really want to see what they look like in person before buying.

I'm going to head down to Extreme Wheel & Tire (dealer recommended them), any others that are worth my time checking out?

Where is wheel boutique located ? are the price in canadian $$ ?? If they are its dirt cheap :O
__________________
Krim 325I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:15 PM   #5
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowered318
Wheel and tire zone.. eglington just west of dixie
Ya, they have a bunch of rims in the showroom and a huge selection in their catalogues. Go check their stuff out.
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:58 PM   #6
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 856
Thanks for the info guys. Just got back from Extreme Wheel & Tire, and looks like we're goin end up buying them from there.
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member
 
Understated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: location location
Posts: 9,955
make sure u take pics after
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #8
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally posted by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
Thanks for the info guys. Just got back from Extreme Wheel & Tire, and looks like we're goin end up buying them from there.
Not a fan of shopping around are we? lol

What rims did ya choose from them?
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:28 PM   #9
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 856
Re: Re: Where to buy rims?

Quote:
Originally posted by Krim 325I
Where is wheel boutique located ? are the price in canadian $$ ?? If they are its dirt cheap :O
They are located in Florida i believe. Even though their prices are in american dollars, they still have pretty decent prices.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch555
Not a fan of shopping around are we? lol

What rims did ya choose from them?
lol, I was planning on shopping around but after visiting this place (Extreme Wheel & Tire) I was pretty happy with their prices and level of professionalism.

We still haven't ordered anything, they are trying to hunt down a reputable manufacturer for the tire size we need. So we are still waiting on an accurate quote from them on the total cost.

Still haven't picked a style yet either. Finding it really hard to decide between these two:

643R




647R


Last edited by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]; 02-10-2004 at 10:31 PM.
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:32 PM   #10
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Re: Re: Re: Where to buy rims?

Quote:
Originally posted by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
They are located in Florida i believe. Even though their prices are in american dollars, they still have pretty decent prices.



lol, I was planning on shopping around but after visiting this place (Extreme Wheel & Tire) I was pretty happy with their prices and level of professionalism.

We still haven't ordered anything, they are trying to hunt down a reputable manufacturer for the tire size we need. So we are still waiting on an accurate quote from them on the total cost.

Still haven't picked a style yet either. Finding it really hard to decide between these two:

643R




647R

Your gonna get them in 22's? Who's car is the 760? What colour is the car?
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:36 PM   #11
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member
 
Bill Gates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates
...

damn, the 647R look mint!
__________________
Bill Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:44 PM   #12
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 856
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where to buy rims?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch555
Your gonna get them in 22's? Who's car is the 760? What colour is the car?
yup we are going to get them in 22". The salesperson at Extreme Wheel & Tire tryed to talk us out of it but after calling HRE he began to see it our way.

The 760 is the "family car"/"Take out clients car". Because of this we can't go with the black finish like mo pete has on his 760, due to it looking unprofessional.

The car is black saphire metalic.
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:54 PM   #13
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member
 
Bill Gates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where to buy rims?

Quote:
Originally posted by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
The 760 is the "family car"/"Take out clients car". Because of this we can't go with the black finish like mo pete has on his 760, due to it looking unprofessional.

The car is black saphire metalic.
in that case, the 643R look more conservative, IMO.
__________________
Bill Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:04 PM   #14
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sauga
Posts: 2,864
im with bill
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:21 PM   #15
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where to buy rims?

Quote:
Originally posted by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
yup we are going to get them in 22". The salesperson at Extreme Wheel & Tire tryed to talk us out of it but after calling HRE he began to see it our way.

The 760 is the "family car"/"Take out clients car". Because of this we can't go with the black finish like mo pete has on his 760, due to it looking unprofessional.

The car is black saphire metalic.
You do realize once you put the 22's on the 7, your NEVER gonna drive your 328 right?

Your dad is okay with the fact that he has to spend over $10g's for rims and rubber? Damn.... your dad is pimpin! I wish my dad was still like that. I'm trying to convince my pops to bust on some 19z on his new E class for the summer.
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.

Last edited by Mitch555; 02-10-2004 at 11:23 PM.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.