Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2004, 02:15 AM   #1
BimmerBalla14
rollercoasterracer

Send a message via AIM to BimmerBalla14 Send a message via MSN to BimmerBalla14 Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerBalla14
interview

hey, im doin an english paper that i think u guys could help me out with...im writtin a paper about how car enthusiasts have been stereotyped into being street racing thugs.if u could take the time and answer the following Qs so i can use u as a source & proof (as long as ur not a street racing thug haha). im tryin to show that there are a lot of family people that are car enthusiasts, as well as successful people. im not promising that i will use ur info, and even if i do, wont be all of it. i wont twist or put words in your mouth. i wont show anyone other than my editors & professor the responses. its just simply a 15p essay for my skool. if u dont want to answer the Qs on the forum, feel free to email them to me @: DJKerbal@hotmail.com
and the qs are as follows(feel free to expand, the more info i get, the more space i can waste on the paper haha):
how would u define a car enthusiast? are u a car enthusiast?

how old are u? married? kids?

profession?

first car & mods?

current cars & mods?

location(state/province is fine)?

other interests/hobbies?

what do u think about people thinking car enthusiasts are no-good street racers?

do u know other car enthusiasts? what are they like?

any other related info?
BimmerBalla14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:47 AM   #2
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

how old are u? married? kids?
-Im 18, in a reationship, no kids

profession?
-I work at the Toronto Public Library

first car & mods?
-1984 BMW 533i(s) with ACS replica rims, M5 spiler, M3 front skirt,tinted windows, fogs
current cars & mods?
1990 325iS, K&N filter, Stereo, Momo shifter, iS lip, eyebrows, stainless tip...etc
location(state/province is fine)?
Toronto, Ontario
other interests/hobbies?
Cars, Phiotography, movies
what do u think about people thinking car enthusiasts are no-good street racers?
THey are idiots. Most enthusiasts have c ommon sense to keep it off the streets...
do u know other car enthusiasts? what are they like?

any other related info?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 PM   #3
BimmerBalla14
rollercoasterracer

Send a message via AIM to BimmerBalla14 Send a message via MSN to BimmerBalla14 Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerBalla14
bizzump...gotta start the paper soon haha
BimmerBalla14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:37 PM   #4
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I am 28
2 kids and married
I am a large box retail manager
live in ontario
first car z28. put in larger engine, headers & 3" exhaust , lowered,msd ignition, shift kit.
current car. 1984 318i. put in 90 2.5 liter, tranny, rear end front suspension, complete exhaust. recaro seats, mtechII body kit, 16" borbet type A wheels, metal foor matts, z3 shifter, momo wheel, custom stereo, lcd, carbon fiber accents.
I enjoy spending time with my kids.
I have met other enthusiasts most are good people that just enjoy cars.There are some that think every street is their personal race track but the numbers are way less. Unfortunatley the only ones that get any press are the ones that street race. I think it a a foolish sterotype and it will undermine the auto parts industry. Furthermore if we sit by and watch we will not be able to do anything to make our cars different including changing wheels or adding bodykits. Neither of which increase the performance of your car.
Jase
Old 02-10-2004, 11:53 PM   #5
app
5th Gear Member

22/in relationship/no kids

profession: student

first car: Mazda 323. No mods.

current car: 92' 325i, lots of mods. Chip/Intake/Exhaust/suspension/rims/stereo

Other interests: computers/snowboarding/art

People who think anyone that modifies a car is a street racer, is the product of media. Never hear the good stories, only the bad. So two kids out of thousands decide to run a red light and smoke some lady in a suv with 3 kids and a dog, that's all they hear. They never hear how it can bring people from all walks of life together, to have a good time and have something in common.

Other car enthusiasts? Poor as me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: