Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-04-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
Powerslide
2nd Gear Member

Eibach Pro Kit vs. Suspension Techniques

Which one is better and why - Suspension Techniques springs or an Eibach Prokit. I have the opportunity to pick up either one - just want to know which is better.
THanks!

and this is important too - 1992 318is is my ride
Powerslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
if u dont mind me asking...how much you gonna be paying for the suspension techniques
Old 02-05-2004, 01:49 AM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
I've got the Eibach pro kit. No idea how suspension technique is, but Eibach pro kit springs are very nicely suited towards city driving conditions. They aren't too stiff and even good for some weekend track events. The Eibach's are definitely a more well known brand when it comes to lowering springs for the BMW.

If you're a serious tracker I'd recommend H&R stage II springs. Their stiffer and lower your car slightly more than the Eibach's. Just for quality and a well known brand, I'd get the Eibach's over Suspension Techniques.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:16 AM   #4
Powerslide
2nd Gear Member

500 for the springs.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
WASABI
OG

I had Suspension Techniques on my Integra, it was ok, I only got it because it was the cheapest at the time ($300 cdn installed). Some said that they sag, but I only had them for one summer and went to coilovers after. I'd get Eibach over ST. $500 for ST is too much, you can find H&R and Eibach for that price. I got my slightly used H&R for $200.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
Tunerworks
2nd Gear Member

Eibach is in a different league than ST. IMO, there is nothing to think about here...get the Eibachs!!!! We have great deals on Eibach and H&R and it is only 1 day shipping to you in B.C.

Rob
rob@tunerworks.com
Tunerworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #7
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Yep, that confirmed it. Get the Eibachs!

$500 is definitely overpriced for a set of used ST springs. I got my Eibachs only 3 months used for $200 and my friend sold another set of Eibachs used to someone else on this board for $150.

Shop around for a used set or buy a new set off Rob, great guy to deal with

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

At work I would sell the Eibach Pro Kit for your 318is for $392.83. But since you are a maX member it would be cheaper....just one thing....you are in BC.

So if you can find those springs new for the $325 to $375 range you are getting a good price.

Dave

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: