Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\

Dodge Ram SRT-10 Grabs Guinness World Record

Viper-powered Ram SRT-10 "World's Fastest Production Pickup Truck"
NASCAR's Brendan Gaughan Fastest Man In A Production Dodge Ram

NASCAR driver Brendan Gaughn displays the average speed of the record run.

Chelsea, Michigan, USA, February 02, 2004
The Dodge Ram SRT-10 unleashed its Viper power today, taking its place in the Guinness Book of World Records as the "World's Fastest Production Pickup Truck."
Only recently off the Saltillo, Mexico, assembly line and not modified in any way for additional power or enhanced aerodynamics, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 posted a two-lap, both-directions average speed of 154.587 mph over a "flying kilometer" on the 4.71-mile oval at the DaimlerChrysler Proving Grounds here in Chelsea. The record run by the Dodge Ram SRT-10 was certified by Guinness World Records and the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). The previous record was 147.54 mph, set last July by the Ford SVT F-150 Lightning, before the Dodge Ram SRT-10 went into production.
"When we set out to develop the Dodge Ram SRT-10, our mission was to create the ultimate performance truck," said Dan Knott, Director, Street and Racing Technology. "With 500 horsepower, sports car-like handling, world-class braking and race-inspired design appointments, we know we reached our goal. Setting the Guinness record today simply confirms that, and solidifies the Ram SRT-10 as the ultimate -- and fastest -- performance pickup."
According to Guinness World Records rules, the record speed had to be the average of two one-kilometer runs in opposite directions along the same track, made within an hour of one another. The timing equipment had to be certified as accurate to within 1/1000th of a second, and supplied and operated by a qualified third party. The speed of each run was timed by means of sensors at the start and finish of the measured kilometer, thus giving an average speed over the full distance.
The Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the third Dodge vehicle branded with the Street and Racing Technology label, following the Dodge Viper SRT-10 -- the ultimate American sports car -- and the award-winning 230 horsepower Dodge SRT-4, that has taken the sport compact "tuner" crowd by storm.
Behind the wheel of the Ram SRT-10 in the record-setting run was Brendan Gaughan, a six-time winner in a Dodge Ram in the 2003 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS). Gaughan makes his NASCAR Nextel Cup debut later this month at the Daytona 500 in the No. 77 Kodak Dodge.
"I've certainly driven some fast trucks," Gaughan said, "but I've certainly never experienced anything like setting a Guinness world record. I've known for a long time that the Dodge Ram is the ultimate truck for the race track, and this certainly proves the Ram SRT-10 is the ultimate performance truck for the street."
Hein Le Roux, research team member at Guinness World Records traveled from the company's London headquarters to monitor the record run.
"I'm pleased to be here in Chelsea for this record-breaking attempt," Le Roux said. "Guinness World Records is the ultimate compilation of superlatives, and I am proud to officially recognize that Dodge has set a new Guinness World Record."
Le Roux said watching the record-setting speed run was a great way to begin the new year, in which Guinness World Records celebrates 50 years of world records.
"People aren't too surprised when they hear about expensive super cars or race cars setting speed records," he added. "But few people expect a standard production pickup truck, which they can drive straight off the dealer lot, to be capable of this sort of speed. That's what makes this such a great Guinness World Record."
With a Guinness World Record now under its belt, the stock Dodge Ram SRT-10 now heads to Florida, where it will pace the field at the Feb. 13 Florida Dodge Dealers 250 NCTS race at Daytona International Speedway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27690_43529_400_261_dodge_ram_srt10_streetrecord.jpg (22.6 KB, 242 views)
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #2
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

Imagine hauling YOur hogs around @ 150+mp/h for the anual hog show, bwhahahahahaa (hog as in pig)

I'l make a better one later...
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:36 PM   #3
betmen
6th Gear Member

wtf, damnt ahts crazy
so its faster then the lighting, hmmmmmmm, maerom?
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Another pic.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:15 PM   #5
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
so that is the fastest production pick up.....
but not the fastest production truck..... Cayenne 170mph

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:53 PM   #6
85eta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 85eta
The Cayenne is NOT a truck......well in my humble opinion!
85eta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:58 PM   #7
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
This summerís is going to be full of SVT & RT10 rivalries!!!

Now we just got to find Moe a SRT10 for him to race with!

I'm sure Moe's as itching to race one as I am to see them race!

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
moerom
6th Gear Member

Nice truck!

Tony, if there is one around here, I would definitely like to show him my tail-lights
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
and the race begins, people go find a SRT-10 so moerom can smoke it

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:18 AM   #10
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Id take a lighting over the SRT-10 anyday.Cant wait till the next generation lighting comes out,it will def. regain the title.
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:19 AM   #11
SickFinga

I like the front of the SRT10 better than SVT, but truckbed on SVT looks better.
I also like the engine in the SRT
V10 8.4L
raw power
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:22 AM   #12
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
I like the front of the SRT10 better than SVT, but truckbed on SVT looks better.
I also like the engine in the SRT
V10 8.4L
raw power
I heard the SRT-10 cant tow anything plus i would rather have the whine from a supercharger
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:25 AM   #13
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
now that truck is a truck to be scared of!

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:55 AM   #14
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Tony, if there is one around here, I would definitely like to show him my tail-lights
I know that would make your summer....

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for any cocky SRT-10 owner that deserves your tail-lights....

That would make a great vid!

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:55 AM   #15
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
I heard the SRT-10 cant tow anything plus i would rather have the whine from a supercharger
why cant it tow anything?

and why would you prefer SC over NA engine?
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: