Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-03-2004, 08:31 PM   #46
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Ok, lets be a bit logical here.... You like BMW's, so u go out, and you buy a 318/325 e36, cuz youi canyt afford a M3. You drive it around for a bit, u love its handling, its looks, its capabilities, its heritage, its aerodinamics, and its BADGE, its status in auto scene, and most of all, the fact that its powered BY I4/6, BMW ENGINE! If you can't take pride in the BMW engine(s), then y buy an BMW in the first place? I understand, 318, new or old, are slow, but why would you DEGRADE a BMW by putting in something that doesnt belong in there (ie Jap engine?) If you are not happy with your BMW's performance, IMO, you have 3choices....
1) You take ur white ass to the dealership, and u sell it, or trade it in for a faster BMW.
2) You SWAP A MORE POWERFUL BMW engine..., or u supercharge/turbocharge.
3) You sell it, and you pick up a faster car, Ie TT Supra, with endless capabilities, cheap performance parts, etc...

By putting a JAP engine in the BMW, its like, i guess, in a way a heart transplant.... YES, you continue living, YES, ur new heart is better than ur old one in terms of performance , but IS itYOUR Heart, that you were given by the one above? HELL NO!

AS to whoever it was that asked about non BMW parts in BMW cars, it really depends on exactly what you mean? IMO as long as it is MADE for a BMW, then its ok. For example, MTECH 2 kit, from eurostyle, no it is not the authentic original OEM from BMW, but IT IS MADE, engineered, designed to fit a BMW, u dont go and grab a front skirt of a RX7 and stick it on a BMW. This also may relate to how so many Ricers do front end conversions from BMW's, they are making their car to be something it is really not.. same thing by stuffing a Jap engine in a BMW, its a BMW on the outside, but Jap on the inside.... Its an emberassment, why buy a BMW if you are gonna take WHAT BMW IS away from it....

thats my view.....

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:01 PM   #47
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
By putting a JAP engine in the BMW, its like, i guess, in a way a heart transplant.... YES, you continue living, YES, ur new heart is better than ur old one in terms of performance , but IS itYOUR Heart, that you were given by the one above? HELL NO!
um, if I was given the opportunity to be given a heart transplant so I could continue living... and a better heart than the one I had before... (oxygenates more blood than my previous with less energy used.). I would probably say, sure doc--sign me up! ... (even if that better performing heart happened to come from some dude in Japan.)

Bottom line, if your engine blows and you're forced to replace it... you should go with a BMW engine over something that'll give you more bang for your buck simply because of the moral implications.

I see where you're coming from. Anyone else?
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #48
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
um, if I was given the opportunity to be given a heart transplant so I could continue living... and a better heart than the one I had before... (oxygenates more blood than my previous with less energy used.). I would probably say, sure doc--sign me up! ... (even if that better performing heart happened to come from some dude in Japan.)

Bottom line, if your engine blows and you're forced to replace it... you should go with a BMW engine over something that'll give you more bang for your buck simply because of the moral implications.

I see where you're coming from. Anyone else?
i know u would get the transplant, so would i, but in the end is it the Heart you were given to begin eith? Does it belong in you? Why do u think so many ppl die from heart transplants? they are not compatible in most cases.
here you go, im quoting you..
"you [red]should[/red] go with a BMW engine over something that'll give you more bang for your buck simply because of the moral implications."
So you are With me on this... anyways, different folks for different folks, but bottom line is, BMW is powered by BMW ENZgiNES, and TOyota is powered By Toyota engine,..., and it has NOTHING to do with morals, really, its just logical when driving a BMW to have Bimmer engine, and not a YUGO!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 02-03-2004, 11:08 PM   #49
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Oh, I've never been arguing with you on this. Personally, I'm not very fond of the idea of throwing another engine under my BMW... kinda takes away from the BMW name. I'm just throwing ideas out there to see what everyone has to say.

However, when push comes to shove---if my BMW engine blew and I was given the option of throwing another engine in with potentially less problems, more power, and cheaper to maintain... for the same price. I would put some thought into it before making my decision.

Personally, I like to keep BMW parts with my bimmer... and hate to see BMW's with parts off another car.. or other cars with M3 mirrors, skirts, fender grills, etc.

I am interested to see Contra's ride when he's done though...
Old 02-03-2004, 11:48 PM   #50
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
why would you DEGRADE a BMW by putting in something that doesnt belong in there (ie Jap engine?)
For example, MTECH 2 kit, from eurostyle, no it is not the authentic original OEM from BMW, but IT IS MADE, engineered, designed to fit a BMW, u dont go and grab a front skirt of a RX7 and stick it on a BMW.
so when randy put honda paint on his car, that automatically makes his car lesser than what it would with bmw paint? Does it maked him a traitor?? How about if somebody on here put a GM differential on their car instead of a BMW one, is that wrong too?
b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.
A bmw is a car, just like any car out there. I just happen to like the looks, handling, and reliability I've got with my two e36's. In fact, I love the look of the e36 more than most cars out there today. That is the reason why, when my engine dies, I will put something bigger and better in it's place. Bmw or not, the car will still look the same me, and everyone else; that's all I care about. After spending thousands on a body kit, accessories, and eventually paint, why start from scratch with a new car?? Just swap the engine! I just happen to want an engine in my car that is a) fast, and b) turbo, and c) already tuned for the turbo.
As for morals, do I have morals? Hell no! I couldn't give two shits whether the honda beside me has a honda engine, or a lambo engine, props either way! Heck, when I had so much love for the fiero, I owned 3 of them, one which I swapped the engine out for a better, faster, supercharged v8 engine NOT DESIGNED FOR THE CAR. Did I ever think twice? Did I ever get knocked on for doing it? Hell no! And I wont be for doing this swap either when it's done. Remember, it's just a car. It's a chassis on 4 wheels with an engine to drive it. If you can make it better, then do it!
Don't worry though, in a year or two's time when the engine goes in, I wont ask you if you'd like to take a spin in it, because I know it'd be against your bmw religion

p.s. btw, transmissions for bmw aren't always made by bmw either (if at all)...they're made by GM! So what does that make your car now????

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 02-04-2004 at 12:03 AM.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:55 PM   #51
Justin e36
---

Quote:
p.s. btw, transmissions for bmw aren't always made by bmw either (if at all)...they're made by GM! So what does that make your car now????
... not to mention the Euro M3 engines are manufactured by Rolls Royce.

although in all fairness... BMW owns Rolls now.

Last edited by Justin e36; 02-03-2004 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:57 PM   #52
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

BMW's are great, but everything about one can be improved upon. Whoever makes that improvement the best, or at the best price for what you get, is the logical choice.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:04 AM   #53
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Adam , soon with your logic we will have lada engines in BMW;s and Vice versa... w/e floats ur boat.. IMO, a BMW with a tuned BMW engine will always be 100 times better than a BMW with anyother tuned engine, even though this one may be faster...

Toys
Old 02-04-2004, 12:06 AM   #54
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

"You can't argue with a sick mind"

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:13 AM   #55
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

i like it Supras have earned their spot with me. just wondering why not twin turbo (bi-turbo) the BMW engine? sure the BMW will not make 600-1200+hp but it would be sight to see.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:23 AM   #56
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

yea but how much will twin turboing cost? this is simple and efficient to swap the supra engine in there. i agree if i was a speed freak liek adam i would do the same things.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:53 AM   #57
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeRunner
i like it Supras have earned their spot with me. just wondering why not twin turbo (bi-turbo) the BMW engine? sure the BMW will not make 600-1200+hp but it would be sight to see.
its been done a GIRL in europe did it..550hp from a euro m3 3.0l motor

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:54 AM   #58
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystikal
"You can't argue with a sick mind"

Toys
Old 02-04-2004, 06:02 PM   #59
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

thanks for backing me up BMWM5lover, heck dude hehe, lets throw in a E55 5.5l supercharged V8 into a M5 and put on amg wheels, mercedes badge infront and a bmw badge at the back.

oh and one more thing, NO BMW club (well not here anyway) will let you within 5km of any of their events if your bmw isn't powered by a bmw engine, does that say something?

I'l make a better one later...

Last edited by Kurt Schneller; 02-04-2004 at 06:05 PM.
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:56 PM   #60
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystikal
BMW's are great, but everything about one can be improved upon. Whoever makes that improvement the best, or at the best price for what you get, is the logical choice.
Yes, ofcourse Bmw can be imporved upon, BUT improving what it already came with, improving what BMW has, by REPLACING the engine with a NON Bmw one, all you are doing, is degrading... No matter the speed...

Toys

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: