Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2004, 03:27 AM   #16
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

so justin if i brought mine by for the same problem would u fix it and make everything look liek it did before? no braking anything?lol
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:33 AM   #17
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Ya justin, the SECOND picture you posted, is EXACTLY what my problem is, and it cause the scissors to bend, so if i adjust it like you did in the FIRST pic that should make it work?!

IF ONLY i had some space to work with!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:14 PM   #18
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
yeah on a warm day both of you guys can bring your rides over and I'll fix it up for ya no problem.

Msanity... yeah, no problem. I've torn apart the interior till it's barebones without breaking anything. Mind you, my ride is a sedan... so the panel removal will be slightly different, but i'll be in the Hayes manual anyway. It's very easy to remove actually... just have get to the hidden screws behind the door latch, and the handle on the door... then take off the plastic surround around the latch. (pull the latch and slide the surround off) pry off the mirror control and disconnect. then it's just unclipping it from the door.

Soldomatic... exactly, adjust the first adjustment arm. (the arm can slide up and down maybe around an inch, and re-tighten. The arm controls the angle of the whole window as it goes up and down... so a window would usually look like [ ] going up... but it can tilt the window to \ \ going up. The problem happens when the window is going too much in either direction, the friction caused on the tracks makes the window stop moving. The arm will compensate for that.

328is... I'll post that up in a bit...

Last edited by Justin e36; 02-05-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:39 PM   #19
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Ms... these are the clips on the door...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doorcardoff1.jpg (40.9 KB, 133 views)
Old 02-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #20
Justin e36
---

328is_Perf. I don't have any good photos of the motor of the shaft unfortunately. However, if you look at the 2nd picture I posted. On the left side of the picture in the middle you'll see a black box. That is the motor.

1) Remove plug from motor
2) Remove cover from motor
3) There is a small hole going into your door, if you peer inside you'll see a rod... (The shaft).
4) Look lower down on the rod (it's on an angle) and you'll see a little thing attached to it. That is the magnet that fell.
5) Pull/push the magnet back up to the top of the shaft using a paperclip or whatever you have handy that'll fit in the hole... (the hole is around 1" in cirumference)... it will take some effort to move, since it is friction fitted.
6) Plug motor back in and test it out.
7) Put a little bit of glue or contact cement on the shaft below the magnet to prevent it from slipping down again.
8) Put everything back together.

** if your one-touch does not work, refer to my directions in the first post about resetting the window relay.

Good luck, let me know how it goes...
Justin
Old 02-09-2004, 01:56 AM   #21
Slinky

Hey guys, has anyone checked there door contact switch?? Or window adjustment other than the butterfly lift??

If the genral module doesn't see a closed door (coupes only) or a higher than normal motor loading the motor will run backwards as its tring to protect the drive and window glass. This is also known as the "anti trap" function. I would be checking these few things before i do anything, Slinky
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:40 PM   #22
SickFinga

wow Justin, a good write up.

Anyway, had a problem with my driver's side window.
What happened is one of my window regulator's arms bent.

So fix your problem asap guys, because by forcing the window to close, you are bending your window regulator arm.

Get new sliders (white things, that are in the rail) they are like $5 for 4. Grease them up real good, and then try again.

If that wont help, adjust the window regulator.

If that doesnt help, you prolly have a problem with a motor or your window regulator is bent.

Window Regulator cost ~90 bucks, but it is a bitch to replace it, cause you will need a rivet gun, and regular river gun from Crappy Tire is too small.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: