Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-09-2002, 12:54 AM   #1
Furious
BMW again.

New Chip Review

well i got my chip installed and all i have to say is awesome!,,, i found that the car is much much smoother and much more responsive. the power is definately noticeable,, i thank MarkD for the great and swift installation and politeness. and i recommend anyone with a stock BMW to get a hold of MarkD,, you cant beat the prices and the chip is awesome,, i got a estimated gain of 19HP and 20ftlbs....
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:22 AM   #2
Gamite

what kinda chip was it?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:38 AM   #3
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I might as well write my review here as well!
I got markd's chip around 12:30pm yesterday, and mark was more than helpfull with removing and installing DME. He programmed the chip for me, and answered a few questions i had (just because i was a bit worried about certain things such as fuel etc), and then we went for about a 15minute test drive to make sure everything was ok. I could tell mark wasn't too sure what I would expect because my car is an automatic, but let me tell you, if you've got an auto and find it's a slug off the line, this chip made the world of difference! My car DEFINATELY had more torque. I have no hesitation at all off the line, and i can mash the pedal and get instant power (which is amazing! it's like having a new car!).
I'll agree with furious, the car definately runs smoother, and idles alot quieter. The thing i like, is when i accellerate in sport mode, the engine sounds amazing! I always thought my exhaust made my car sound good, but not this good =) The major improvement for me was that since i got my exhaust and my rims, (and expecially with my rims), i felt alot of low end power loss. I could feel the weight of my wheels making the car slower, and my exhaust didn't help that either. Since the chip was installed, it's almost like the weight of my rims isn't affecting anything anymore! I can only imagine what it would be like with lightweight wheels! I'd probably be able to spin the tires at the start line =)
I'm not sure how much HP or Torque it's increased, as i'm not sure how to guesstimate that, but i know that out of all my bolt on upgrades, this one made the most difference.
I'm going to have to say it was definately worth my money. And mark is a great guy, and knows what he's doing with these chips.

P.S. this is just a review after some short drives, i have yet to take it on my 2hour highway trip tonight or tomorrow, i can't wait =)

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 04:47 PM   #4
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
what kinda chip was it?

well it was made buy a guy in toronto,, kinda of a custom chip you could say...btw- dj contra good to hear,, glad you liked the improvment too,,now wheres Harry? he got his in just before i did,,,, he said he noticed an improvement as well but was running crappy gas so i wanna know how it turned out after he put in some 91 octane or more.....
Old 05-09-2002, 09:56 PM   #5
Jari
4th Gear Member

all right,, this sounds great. How does one get in contact with this MarkD . Does he do chips for e30 ? (mine is an 87 325i)

how much was the chip, programming and installation ?
Jari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 10:40 PM   #6
Harry
4th Gear Member

Hi everybody!!

I must say, get the chip. Its great. I got my chip from Mark at about 5 yesterday and made an hour long drive home afterward. The car runs smoother, the engine is quieter and the power is truly noticeable. I have noticed that the gas mileage has improved slightly, which is good considering my foot was to the floor most the way home.*devil*

Mark knows whats going on. He showed me the process that he uses to make the chips and I was impressed, very smart man.

I do believe that he can do the e30, this thread to get his info.

BTW, I drive a 1995 320i, and mark is the only guy in north america that I've been in contact with that got me a chip at an affordable price. Cheers
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 10:50 PM   #7
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
that's great to hear! i wasn't sure what was going to happen with the 320i chip. I can't comment on the gas mileage because since i filled my tank again yesterday with 91 octane gas to rid myself of the 89 octane that was in there, and i've been pretty much flooring the car a whole bunch today to try out the new found power. Needless to say i think i wasted a bunch of fuel but it was pretty fun skidding around at lunch time on the wet pavement =)

i'll do my gas mileage test on the trip to wasaga

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-10-2002, 07:35 AM   #8
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jari
all right,, this sounds great. How does one get in contact with this MarkD . Does he do chips for e30 ? (mine is an 87 325i)

how much was the chip, programming and installation ?

hi and yes im sure he can do a E30,,, to contact markD you can send him an email,,just find him in the memebers link, on the banner,, and also GLad to here that car was running good Harry....
mark
Old 05-10-2002, 09:39 AM   #9
Razkal
6th Gear Member

I am going to get mine done too soon!

Need any help with branding your company/services? :
http://www.businessninja.ca

Razkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 10:35 AM   #10
Lil'Smoothie

Yeah he did my E30 yesterday, and I'm a litle unsure what it has done, it does seem a little more responsive and quick, but I havent noticed a huge diference, i gotta give it a few more days tho, and really drive it and see. Mark was really good tho..........
Old 05-10-2002, 01:08 PM   #11
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Did you go from stock to his chip or dinan to his chip?
How would you compare the two so far?

I'm sure if you went from dinan to his there'd be less noticable difference, but from stock to chipped there is quite a change i feel.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 05-10-2002 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:55 PM   #12
Lil'Smoothie

i went from stock to his chip, i didnt have my dinan installed, i tihnk the e36 chips are just more aggressive
Old 05-10-2002, 01:59 PM   #13
The Due
2nd Gear Member

Does this Markd do OBDII chips?
thanks
Old 05-10-2002, 02:59 PM   #14
Razkal
6th Gear Member

getting mine done tonite

Hi all,

I am getting my chip done today after 4pm. I will keep you posted!

Can't wait!

Need any help with branding your company/services? :
http://www.businessninja.ca

Razkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 03:04 PM   #15
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

The Due: i think with OBDII you need a shark injector.
You're lucky, cause with one of those you can tweak it yourself as much as you'd like.
You'll have to ask to see if he does that sort of thing, i dont know, i didn't see anything like that in his workshop, but who knows

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Display Modes Rate This Thread