Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-12-2002, 11:07 AM   #1
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

'01 Suzuki GSX-R 1000cc vs. '01 Ferrari 360 Modena

Well it is not my kill but I was the passenger ON THE BIKE! I have never been on a street bike and my friend Randy (empowerd) asked me if I would like to go for a ride. Well I said to myself "What the hell! Shure!". Well I found out the hard way that the passenger seat on one of those things are not the most comfortable things at all! LOL! OK. OK. Now the story.

While near the end of our little cruise (3 hours!) around Toronto on the back of Randy's bike I was getting a little tired & sore. Then out of no where Randy points at an older Porsche 911 Turbo. I said to myself "Oh Shit!". Well I didn't realize at the time that he wasn't pointing at the Porsche, he was pointing at a Ferrari 360 Modena! He steps through the cars at the red light and gets beside the Ferrari. The Ferrari guy said something to Randy and I knew I was in real trouble now. He taps my hand to hold on TIGHT! Well I did! LOL! The light went green...first gear slow...second gear slow...then the Ferrari jumped ahead then bang Randy hits the throttle and we are doing a wheelie (after he tells me we were at about a 50 degree angle)! All I see is his hemet and sky for what seem like forever(about 1KM)! Well needless to say that $16,000 bike just totaly wasted that Ferarri!

Well my conclusion to this story is if you haven't been on a street bike...TRY IT! And I think that I will pass on future offers. Unless I get the balls to buy my own! LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gsx-r 1000-high pipe copy.jpg (107.2 KB, 195 views)

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 05-12-2002 at 01:46 PM.
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:07 PM   #2
Lil'Smoothie

awesome, i can't wait to ride a real sport bike, I drove my friends dirt bike and its only like 125 cc's and that was an awesome experience so i cant imagine a real bike
Old 05-12-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k
for some real fun ride a 500cc motocross bike or a 200+ hp snowmobile. my friend had a 2000 CR 500, that bike was insane. its basically just pick a gear any gear and hit it and pick the wheel up. its also alot harder to wheelie on dirt bikes becuase they get far worse traction than a street bike tire on pavement. i dont really consider a 125cc a powerful bike. i have 2 of them, they move and all, but they still need more power! i have never been so scared as riding a snowmobile at over 120mph through open feilds. and those will get you there in about 20sec too!
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 12:23 AM   #4
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

haha did you expect the ferrari to even put up a chance against a bike? me and my buddy blew away a carrera 4 last year in a 360...haha poor porsche.. god i hate those cars..with those brutal eyeballs they ahve had the same fo the last 40 years
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dan inside spider.jpg (246.7 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by Rolled_Out; 05-13-2002 at 12:40 AM.
Rolled_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:38 AM   #5
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

If you want to feel the SPEED there is nothing better than a bike!
Last week i drove my friends 2000 R6, WHAT A RUSH!!!! I sold my last bike (Ninja ZX9) 4 years ago and almost forgot how FUN and FAST bikes were.....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:35 AM   #6
SickFinga

my brother had like 5-6 bikes, but there were made in USSR (shitiest bikes ever). Actually I was grown up wiit those russian/chekoslovakian bikes. These bikes top speed were like 130km/h. But were runing from the cops and 90% managed to outrun them(reason: no licence plate, no documets on the bike, no insurance, no driving licence). Here you would ended up with a jail time, there $200 fine(max) and cops getting your bike. Bikes can be pretty scary all I can say, I drove one once. and I even could touch the ground with my feet, so someone had to catch me. well noone did, the bike felt(not me ).
good old days, I miss them
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: