Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
drkcyd
1st Gear Newbie

Good BMW mechanic/afermarket shop

Just bought my 1st bmw (1994 318is/e36) for 10k, has a few problems with it and am looking for a good resonably priced mechanic..in the "T." ... I live in the downtown core...

It came with a K/n air filter...however is it normal to have a very loud whistling sound coming from the engine...

Problems that I have discovered so far are the loud whistling noise...electrical problems (interior lights/alarm)...and air conditioner

I am looking into upgrading the exhaust system for additional power/looks..but I want a refined sound. any suggestions ?

Any help/info that you guys may have will be greatly appreciated !!

BTW: Does anyone know where I can get the 2 door e36 wide eyebrow kit..and how much ?
Old 05-05-2002, 05:52 PM   #2
SickFinga

1. BMW shop in Toronto - Chuck's Auto
2. Whistling noise if it's coming from intake yes it is normal
3. Widebody - www.zeemax.com IMO best WB kit.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 09:50 PM   #3
drkcyd
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks sticky... I agree with you on the body kit...and will do a new paint job...kit ..next year...this year my goal is to upgrade the stereo...wheels/rims.....tint...cat back exhaust..side markers...and..the wide eyebrow kit...BTW where did you get yours...Wilson at BC autodesign quoted me $80 cdn for the top and $80 for the bottom....since i just started looking not sure if this is a good price or if they are the wide body.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: