Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
Clarus
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Clarus
Buying a 325is E36

Hey Guys. I'm new to posting, but I've been reading for a while.

I've been looking to buy a nice BMW for some time now, and after all of my research it seems like I can't stop thinking about the 325is. I definatly want a 2 door manual, and I'm not as fond of the older models.

The real question is, I'm shelling out about $7k, and I've found a few for sale in my area (Philadelphia), but is that too cheap to expect to get a car that will run? I was really hoping for a 93-94 model, but I have only found one that fits my price and is a 94.

Secondly, what should I be looking for. I have a good handle on basics to look for when buying a car ( A hard lesson learned after my 93 Corrado SLC caught fire 3 months after purchase), but besides the water pump, what are other things that I should be looking at when purchasing a car?

Thirdly, anyone want to give me theirs and save me all of this hassel?

thanx,
Ben
Clarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Well depending on the KM (sorry, MILEAGE to you americano's) pay attention to rust around the whole car, mostly sunroof, and trunk lid, make sure the shocks are fine, and when you start it up and drive her around, make sure everything sounds fine, and just look forward to natural wear and terar, like the clutch shocks, and all those sorta things depending on how it was driven of course!

My car has 260KM's on it, and i have still not had any MAJOR engine problem yet, and i track my car and beat the hell outta her (KNOCK ON WOOD!)
Old 01-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #3
audiophile
3rd Gear Member

$7k usd can get you a decent example- mileage will be a bit higher but not unheard of!
sold the e34.
lookin for an e36
audiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:40 PM   #4
Clarus
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Clarus
Thanks guys, I'll certainly keep things like that in mind.

Here is the beauty that I'm going to go look at this weekend with my fellow car buff... I don't think you guys could get something out of this, but just to let you know what i'm talking about...

:: knock on wood ::
Clarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: