Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-25-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
bimmerchop
3rd Gear Member

Cool New Mods: Mini-review

OK, well, I've got some new mods to show you guys, but since I don't really want to post pics of my car until I reveal my new look this spring, I just included 3 small pics to show each of the 3 mods.....

First is my hawk pads and brembo cross drilled rotors. By looking at the pic, you see the beautiful cross-drilled rotor which shows nicely behind the rims, and how clean/dirty my wheel is. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting these pads sooner. Although my wheels aren't spotless, they certainly are pretty clean for not cleaning them for a couple of weeks. And most of the dirt is from the salt and sh!t from the snow storms. Braking power is pretty much as it was with stock, might have gotten better, but didn't really notice it, but there was definitely no lose of braking power. Overall, love it

Second is my remus 84mm DTM exhaust. Had this baby put in with the second resonator removed. I first drove the car with with both resonators in, then decided to have the 2nd one removed. The exhaust sounds beautiful. Perfect for me. it has such a nice deep growl to it. It's pretty quiet at idle, but when you gun it, it sounds awesome. Anyone who has a remus, I suggest you remove the second resonator. You will not regret it. as far as power goes, I feel a very small gain in power, but than again, this is only an exhaust, and no one really feels great power gains with an exhaust. From inside the cabin, there is no droning or anyhitng, Such a great overall exhaust for your E46 if your looking for sound, performance, and looks.

Last is my limo tints. Had these put in today. Got rid of my b!tch 35% tints for these limo 5%. God I think they look gorgeous on my car. I took these pics in a well lit parking lot, and you still couldn't see inside the car. From inside, driving at night, it's not that bad at all. I could see just fine.

I'm waiting for the weather to clear up so I could wash up my car, and take my last set of pics which I will post again later on next week. Everytime I wash my car, it snows, and just gets my baby dirty again

Sorry for the short reviews, but I didn't feel like boring anyone. I'll try to post a sound clip later when I take some nice pics of my car. Sorry for the typos if any.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01445.jpg (15.1 KB, 138 views)

~Rieger CS Sedan~
*ECIS Intake; Remus DTM Exhaust; Shark Injector; RE Power Pulleys; 3.38 Diff w/Z4 finned cover; UUC Performance Organic Clutch & Stage II ltw Flywheel; UUC v.2 springs; Hamann Adjustable Strut; StopTech Stage II Kit
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:57 PM   #2
bimmerchop
3rd Gear Member

rotors..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01446.jpg (25.5 KB, 138 views)

~Rieger CS Sedan~
*ECIS Intake; Remus DTM Exhaust; Shark Injector; RE Power Pulleys; 3.38 Diff w/Z4 finned cover; UUC Performance Organic Clutch & Stage II ltw Flywheel; UUC v.2 springs; Hamann Adjustable Strut; StopTech Stage II Kit
Old 01-25-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
bimmerchop
3rd Gear Member

remus..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01447.jpg (15.4 KB, 137 views)

~Rieger CS Sedan~
Old 01-25-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
golden
Doesn't have a car.

nice man, your car looks great

what kind of spoiler is that?

btw, how much is the exhaust?
Old 01-25-2004, 03:35 PM   #5
bimmerchop
3rd Gear Member

Thanks. The spoiler is the OEM E46 sedan spoiler. I got my exhaust for $350 brand new Can't say why I got it so cheap though, gotta keep it on the DL

Nah, just kidding.... I at first got it from a sale this company was having on Remus exhausts, so They by mistake sent me a 330 exhaust first instead of a 328 exhaust, so in order to make things right, they sent me the right one ASAP at their cost, which was around 350. thats y it was so cheap.

~Rieger CS Sedan~
Old 01-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #6
jmalixi
4th Gear Member

Where did you get the cross drilled Brembos? Do they rust easily?

BTW, nice car....
jmalixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #7
golden
Doesn't have a car.

cool

have you considered change your window trim to black?

i was gonna do that on my car in the summer - it would probably look real nice on yoru car
Old 01-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
bimmerchop
3rd Gear Member

I got the brembos from tirerack along with the Brake pads. They don't rust. If you get them, make sure Brembo drilled them, and not some second or third party. If some second or third party did the drilling, they could crack over time. Just make sure it's drilled by brembo.

I was gonna color the trim black, but I'll wait until my new kit is on. I'm selling my hamann sides and rear for the rieger sides and rear to complete the kit, and I'll see how it looks after. I might keep it chrome, because there is a chance I might powder coat my rims black, and polish the lip. This way, the chrome trim around my black windows, will match nicely with my polished lip on the black rims.

~Rieger CS Sedan~
Old 01-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
Miguel
...Delt Smash

...and another one joins the Remus club
I love my remus.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:26 PM   #10
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
nice whip!
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:24 PM   #11
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Nice I say two .
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:30 PM   #12
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Lookin mean!
I love it!
OT, but i heard that brembro DOES NOT drill their regular rotors!
Only they're BBK come drilled from brembro!
I could be wrong, just remebering what i read somewhere on this site!
Old 01-25-2004, 08:34 PM   #13
HIM
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to HIM Send a message via MSN to HIM
Man, I've always loved your car, it looks so good! And its just getting better and better all the time

Erwin Lee
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:21 PM   #14
takeshi
3rd Gear Member

awsome!!! hey do u have any picture of it under the car? I'm kind of newbie... i'm not really sure what a resonator looks like... so if u have it remove, do you put a straight pipe through where it use to be? my exhaust is just replace the original one... i haven't done anything else further up
takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:41 PM   #15
sonny
6th Gear Member

It's good to see an E46 all done up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: