Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-26-2001, 01:09 PM   #1
Gamite

I dont have it, but I DID see it. 12 second civic. damn.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 01:18 PM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

The civic doesn't even look like a car anymore. He put some funky lookng aero kit on it that's super light, and i think its way past 12 sec now. I saw teh documentry a long timr ago. it was about 2-3 years ago. btw, i dont have the video...sorry.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 01:24 PM   #3
Gamite

Bliss, you know the guy?

Old 12-26-2001, 04:29 PM   #4
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
Bliss, you know the guy?
No i don't know him personaly, but seen him many times where we use to chill. I believe Randy knows him a bit better. I've seen his car lately though, and its nothing like it use to be. Its non street lagal anymore.

Old 12-26-2001, 04:48 PM   #5
Bliss
Administrator

I believe this is his car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nopi_2001-35.jpg (68.9 KB, 151 views)

Old 12-27-2001, 01:52 AM   #6
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Big Deal?

Are you crazy Rob? I'd like to see you (or anyone in this Continent) try and get 680HP out of a 1.8L BMW motor without BMW's help! That's what Mike's car is dyno'd at and it broke into the 9's here on Canada's shitty drag tracks (shave off .7sec if you go to the States). The technology in those Honda motors now-a-days is truly amazing and any true car enthusiast has to respect that. I've known Mike for years (same trade) and he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. Truley modest for someone that arguably brought the import racing scene in Canada where it is now. Here's a real pic of his car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn1789-1.jpg (58.3 KB, 131 views)

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 01:54 AM   #7
EMPOWERD

another pic w/o intercooler installed

P.S. I had the documentary once upon a time, but I think I erased the tape or a family member taped over it. I was in it several times ..... as a matter of fact, I was trying to avoid the bitch filming! She kept following all of us every night for months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mikepdragcivic-1.jpg (42.9 KB, 112 views)

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 12-27-2001 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2001, 01:43 AM   #8
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I think Mike's car now does low 10's, very high 9's
Last time I saw it, it was being worked on at Exotic Touch here in Bradford.

I consider it a car by definition (4 wheels, a seat, engine...), but it's way too limited purpose for my tastes. That said, it is a pure drag car (very non road-legal) and he has fun with it, and I'll assume he even makes some coin with it.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 12:17 PM   #9
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
Big Deal?

Are you crazy Rob? I'd like to see you (or anyone in this Continent) try and get 680HP out of a 1.8L BMW motor without BMW's help! That's what Mike's car is dyno'd at and it broke into the 9's here on Canada's shitty drag tracks (shave off .7sec if you go to the States). The technology in those Honda motors now-a-days is truly amazing and any true car enthusiast has to respect that. I've known Mike for years (same trade) and he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. Truley modest for someone that arguably brought the import racing scene in Canada where it is now. Here's a real pic of his car

Okay... 2 points here...

1) I have the A&E video in mpeg format and will either burn it to CD for whoever wants it or will upload it somewhere.

2) Randy... check out this link... http://www2.lauparacing.com/

Sorry but I just had to stir the pot a bit...

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 01:01 PM   #10
EMPOWERD

Damn you Kevin!! -- okay, so I stand corrected. That's pretty damn impressive though for a little square box BMW! I can't wait to throw that link to some of my Honda buddies that are always going on about slow Bimmers at the Drag Strip. Thanks.

Either way, I think Rob gets my point. It IS a big deal.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 12-28-2001, 01:29 PM   #11
vodomagoo
2nd Gear Member

2,...? l M10 motor block, 16 valve
cylinder reboring 9...? mm
JE-pistons
crankshaft 2...? - 16V EVO
turbocharger (Turbonetics)
power: ????... ;-)

thats the sick part, still has a orginal bmw block and other bimmer parts, this engine shows what is possiable with the 4 bangers bimmer used to have. I wana see this car run so bad, i stumbled across a old 320 or 2002 touring that was running low 8s high 7s but i dont knwo where the site went i have to go find it and i will post it when i do,
Old 12-28-2001, 04:08 PM   #12
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
Damn you Kevin!! -- okay, so I stand corrected. That's pretty damn impressive though for a little square box BMW! I can't wait to throw that link to some of my Honda buddies that are always going on about slow Bimmers at the Drag Strip. Thanks.

Either way, I think Rob gets my point. It IS a big deal.
It's a HUGE deal.

Getting into the 11s is a big deal. Doing it with a FWD (weight transfer working against you) is an even bigger deal.

Rob, you have to give credit where it is due.

Then again, Mike P. sounded like a total dumb-ass-pompus dick when he was on the A&E video.

Just my $0.02,

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 04:46 PM   #13
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev

Okay... 2 points here...

1) I have the A&E video in mpeg format and will either burn it to CD for whoever wants it or will upload it somewhere.

Upload! Upload! Upload!
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 08:48 PM   #14
EMPOWERD

Rob,

You just don't understand do you? Don't bother with the example of the old FORMULA 1 motor from the 70's video quote that keeps playing on Speedvision every weekend.... I truely understand the capabilities of TODAYS modern BMW EVERYDAY motors (not FORMULA 1 BACKED TURBO TECHNOLOGY) read: not S14!!!!!!!!!!!!! The "basis" and the actual motor are 2 different things - don't forget that. You show me a single BMW motor that can hit 700HP with a complete STOCK bottom end and run 9's with a full interior. It's been proven time and time again.... Jap motors can take way more punishment than any comparable BMW motor can. This is an UNBIASED statement from someone that see absolutely remarkable things for the past years from the Far East and nothing special from Bavaria. Check this out to make my point a little clearer....

click here to see what I mean.

If you still don't believe me.... call up Mike Booker... someone that spent more money on his S14 motor in the past 2 years than Mike P did for his entire car! He drives an Acura Type R as a daily driver and he'll tell you what he truely thinks about the S14.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 12-28-2001, 08:59 PM   #15
Gamite

Geeze, is that what Mike P's civic looks like now??

I guess he wont be going to the street races with that now will he

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: