Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #46
IVAN
5th Gear Member

haha crazy! Hey dude you think S600 is worth its money and 760 is not? Btw 760iL is 170Gs and S600 180GS thats what is says on official mb\ and BMW sites...So you think that they slould sell the 760Li for 90K hmm not in this movie!

Then I can imagine what people think aboyt Z8 hahaha
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #47
IVAN
5th Gear Member

I bet ya all most of MB lovers treat BMW like its some sorta Acura or Opel hahaa .This is so true.
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #48
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Quote:
but lets compare times and hp what those engine produce and lets see who got better car.

I said my previous comment based on seeing that the S4 lapped faster.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:22 PM   #49
SickFinga

on the wet track with 4 wheel drive, yeah it did.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:23 PM   #50
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

lol. no.
on a dry track. by about 1 sec.(not exactly sure) If it was wet, than it would have been like 5+sec

Last edited by ROCKETMAN; 01-14-2004 at 11:25 PM.
ROCKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:22 AM   #51
MorningCruiser
6th Gear Member

I'm praising the E30 M3 because it was (as we all know) the world's most successful coupe racecar in the world. It set new standards and was REVOLUTIONARY. The E36 and E46 M3s are all but revolutionary.

I should hope that a 15 year newer car could outhandle the older. The M3 is supposed to be a performance car, and it is far from it. I think that BMW made a mistake in regards to what they should classify as a sports car. The E36 was pushing away from the old M3 in all means, and the E46 is just completely gone from it. Where is the revolutionary design concepts? The level of standards that it should set in the performance coupe world?

I'm putting up a general direction argument, and that's in regards to the direction BMW is headed. Honestly, it's headed on a runaway train to unrelating to it's roots. Look at the 2002s, they spanked a large majority of what was out there, and were cheaper than the competition. The new M3 is about 50/50% for performance against other cars, but it costs way more money. No, I don't feel that it should cost less than the average sporty car, I feel that it should be made into a good performer and reduced in cost. My argument is a general argument that BMW is headed to "americanization" with an added $20,000 for each car for importing it and because it carries the roundel rather than the bowtie. Yes, there's still that build quality, and there's still that prestige, but someone has to go against spending boat loads of money on something that is not worth that much.

I have some strong doubts any of that made any sense, so if it makes no sense, I'll read over it tommorow and make another post.

And Ivan, I don't have $180,000 to blow on a car like an S600, so no, I don't feel that it is worth that much more than the 760Li (I've never been in an 760 before). The rich guys I know don't want to touch the BMW dealer bravado with a ten foot pole for a $200,000 car. They should be wiping their asses with golden toilet paper, but instead they act as if they're 10x better than every customer that walks in

By the way, SickFinga, best quality/performance goes beyond the most reliable. I'm not one of those fancy pants rich guys, but I will tell you I'd take a C230K for a DD over a 325 E46. Just personal opinion. And to be honest, I think our unending argument should end, because we're getting into opinion territory, completely and entirely.
MorningCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:28 AM   #52
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by MorningCruiser
I'm praising the E30 M3 because it was (as we all know) the world's most successful coupe racecar in the world. It set new standards and was REVOLUTIONARY. The E36 and E46 M3s are all but revolutionary.

I should hope that a 15 year newer car could outhandle the older. The M3 is supposed to be a performance car, and it is far from it. I think that BMW made a mistake in regards to what they should classify as a sports car. The E36 was pushing away from the old M3 in all means, and the E46 is just completely gone from it.
I'll smoke to that. Get your flame suit on though.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:46 AM   #53
SickFinga

MorningCruiser, Im sorry, but from reading your posts I see you dont know much about BMW/AUDI/BENZ.

You want revolutionary? Well you can do revolutions every with ever car generations, it just not gonna happen.
Why e30 was revolutionary. Well e30 m3 and e28 m5 started the whole tunned cars from the dealer thing. Same with a lot of other cars. Lets take SL for example. 300SL with gullwing doors will always be classic and revolutionary car. Current SL55AMG will be forgotten in 15-20 years. 2002 spanked everything? what did it spank. THe only 2002 that could spank something was 2002 Turbo. And while you are there check the price tag on e30 m3, you will be surprised.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:34 AM   #54
Jammasterj
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jammasterj
OK im just going to throw my nose in here and settle a few things.
The E46 M3 is one of the best production cars on the market in my opinion.
The car is dead fast, itís got break neck acceleration and can tackle hairpin turns like itís a walk in the park.
Not to mention that the car is soooo damn sexy to look at!
Im talking EYE CANDY HERE!
So whatís not to love?

Sure I bet the cobra may be able to beat it in a few categories but we are talking a comparison between an outsourced beefed up mustang to a stock BMW. A true comparison would be between the Dinan M3 and the Cobra. Which one would win in that case???? um Dinan M3!!!

And Mercedes??? What are we here boys a couple of old geezers? GeezÖ
Luxury cars they may make but they donít hold a candle to BMWís performance luxury lineupÖ
Old 01-15-2004, 05:57 AM   #55
moerom
6th Gear Member

The SVT Cobra is not outsourced. It is a stock production car. Ford's SVT is the same as BMW's M Division.

Cobra is faster in a straight line, BMW will tend to be faster in a tighter track, Cobra will win in a more open track.

For the money you would spend on a Dinan M3, I could get a 10 second Cobra and have money left over to take a long trip.
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:11 AM   #56
SickFinga

Moe, maybe in Canada, but I wanna see you do that in Europe.
Stock V6 mustang will cost you as 330ci prolly.

Ohhh moe, and for 60k you could;ve gotten yourself a 9 sec CRX, why did you buy yourself a truck?
I know people that would take a 9sec crx, and I know people that would rather take a stock Lightning.
it is a matter of preference here.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:13 AM   #57
SickFinga

Jammasterj, Dinan M3 is not much faster than stock M3.
Im pretty sure Dinan got only CAI, exhaust and ECU. Thats nothing really.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:18 AM   #58
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Quote:
Originally posted by moerom

For the money you would spend on a Dinan M3, I could get a 10 second Cobra and have money left over to take a long trip.
Very true,but you would still be coming back from your trip to a Ford and il be coming back to a BMW.Oh yeah and im not that type of person thats all about BMW,i have owned a few domestics in my lifetime and i really like the cobra hell maybe the CTS V will be replacing my M5 soon.
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:21 AM   #59
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by MorningCruiser
Dude, it's an M3 with SLR sidegrilles on the hood :/ IMO that looks like a tank, not a performance car. Fuuuuuuuuuuuugly. The E46 from the coupe/sedan/convertible perspective is fine, but from the performance car perspective is ridiculous. It's like saying that a B-52 bomber can outhandle an F22... But this is of course, opinion.

grills are from M3 GTR, not SLR coppies. U'r a crackhead if you think that's ugly, but alas, that's just my opinion.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:28 AM   #60
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Jammasterj, Dinan M3 is not much faster than stock M3.
Im pretty sure Dinan got only CAI, exhaust and ECU. Thats nothing really.
Talking about the S2?? it has the stage 3 suspension,exhaust,intake,throttle body,gears and ECU and heavier dinan wheels.
Its at 360 Hp and 3,390lbs over the stock 3,415lbs m3
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: