Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-10-2004, 07:04 PM   #1
jdmls
1st Gear Newbie

Where to find a BMW ????

hey guys i was wondering if anybody could help me out . i have searched , autotrader, automart, [www.greatcarsandtrucks.com , news papers and i cant seem to find a car. there really isnt much for sale other than some dealer cars.

You guys know any other resources that i can use to find an e36? Any info is greatly appreciated
jdmls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:35 PM   #2
bart320i
6th Gear Member

it's pretty hard not to find an E36 for private sale nowadays, try opening your eye's a little
Old 01-11-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
jdmls
1st Gear Newbie

ya right

find one under 120 000km under $17000 5spd , 328is , not black or green , newere than 94 !! be my guest
Old 01-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #4
jmalixi
4th Gear Member

Re: ya right

Quote:
Originally posted by jdmls
find one under 120 000km under $17000 5spd , 328is , not black or green , newere than 94 !! be my guest
Instead of being a wise ass be clear as to what you're looking for. You initially posted you've tried all over the place and can't find an E36 when in fact, what you should have said is you're looking for a cheap 328is (which means 1996 and newer) with less than 120K kms. How about a $4000 set of rims thrown in for free?
jmalixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #5
BiBimBap
4th Gear Member

Good luck trying to get a 328is for $17k..
BiBimBap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:40 AM   #6
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
(edit)
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
jdmls
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by BiBimBap
Good luck trying to get a 328is for $17k..
IN FACT THERE ARE A FEW BUT I PERFER NOT TO BUY FROM A USED CAR DEALER !

http://www.trader.ca/LavishAuto/Defa...tegory=&alpha=

http://www.trader.ca/GennivaMotors/D...tegory=&alpha=

http://www.trader.ca/UltimateAutoInc...tegory=&alpha=
Old 01-12-2004, 04:22 PM   #8
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
[quote]Originally posted by jdmls
[b]IN FACT THERE ARE A FEW BUT I PERFER NOT TO BUY FROM A USED CAR DEALER !
[quote]

Man you are not askin too much!.Now you won't buy from a used car dealer either?. So let's see a cheap non black or green 328 with under 120 from a bmw dealer.YA ok
Old 01-12-2004, 05:57 PM   #9
app
5th Gear Member

Since you're looking for something that many would consider here as "impossible", all you can do is to be patient and to check out your sources weekly and keep up to date as much as you can.

You might have some better luck if you happen to know a mechanic/dealer that will take you to a car auction when they go. Offer them $300 cash to take you along. You might find your car within your price range there. But understand it make take many auctions to finally find your car.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #10
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
when considering the prices from used car dealears as oppossed to private sales dont forget to conmsider the extra tax you pay when buying from a used car dealer...thats why their prices are ussually a little lower than private ads

I have access to those auto auction including Toronto Auto Auction(TAA) which is huge...about 2000 cars roll through on 16 lanes from 6-10 on one day..... and when I was looking for my car I also had a picky description that I wanted and after searching for about 9 months!!!! (its a weekly thing so its about 36 auctions give or take a few) I still never found something that satisfied me..... The problem with those auctions is you really REALLY have to look the car over good... and a lot of times the reason why the car is being run through the auction is because it wont sell cause there might be something wrong with it....I've seen some pretty damn(god forbid) SHITTY beamers go through there ...and when a nice one does come along you have to out bid these huge dealerships....which usually have deeper pockets then you....
when i finnally found my car I paid a little more than I wanted but It fit my description perfectly and even had a few extra's like nice rims.....(which are for sale by the way)

just something to keep in mind.....

Last edited by 325iSBimmer; 01-12-2004 at 06:10 PM.
325iSBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #11
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

Re: Re: ya right

Quote:
Originally posted by jmalixi
Instead of being a wise ass be clear as to what you're looking for. You initially posted you've tried all over the place and can't find an E36 when in fact, what you should have said is you're looking for a cheap 328is (which means 1996 and newer) with less than 120K kms. How about a $4000 set of rims thrown in for free?

I don't think he is trying to be a "wise ass" he was asking a question that could have used some extra research, no reason to attack someone - cool down!
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #12
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I am not trying to give you a hard time but you are asking for alot. you will have to go to auctions or have someone that buys for dealership find it for you( at a price) But for that you may have to give them a deposit.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:23 PM   #13
jdmls
1st Gear Newbie

[quote]Originally posted by Jase
[b][quote]Originally posted by jdmls
IN FACT THERE ARE A FEW BUT I PERFER NOT TO BUY FROM A USED CAR DEALER !
Quote:

Man you are not askin too much!.Now you won't buy from a used car dealer either?. So let's see a cheap non black or green 328 with under 120 from a bmw dealer.YA ok

What was meant by what i said about not buying from a used car dealer was because many used car dealers buy the car with problems and fix them or cover them up as cheap as possible to make more resale ! Not to mention the extra tax as apposed to a private sale.

Don't know if you have been to a BMW dealership Lately, but i have visited quite a few in the last copule of weeks ( Downtown, Parkview, Maranello, ect..) and they all have the same response that i expected

"The E36 Bodystyle is obsolete to us! We dont keep the e36 bodystyle in stock for resale after we get them on tradeins, we put them up for auction or wholesale them. "

The dealers prefer to have pre-owned E46 vehicles in stock mainly because they give the dealership a better look and there is more money involved in these vehicles !!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:26 PM   #14
jdmls
1st Gear Newbie

Re: Re: Re: ya right

Quote:
Originally posted by AcidSnow
I don't think he is trying to be a "wise ass" he was asking a question that could have used some extra research, no reason to attack someone - cool down!
Thanks , i felt this guy was being a little harsh !!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #15
jmalixi
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Thanks , i felt this guy was being a little harsh !!
Didn't mean to be harsh. I thought you were being a wise ass from your reply to another guy's post.

Quote:
ya right. find one under 120 000km under $17000 5spd , 328is , not black or green , newere than 94 !! be my guest
Anyway, there's no point harping on this.....

You're looking for a car and prefer not to deal with used car dealer. Just be patient and watch the "For Sale" section here at MaxBimmer and other BMW forums. I saw a nice 328i (but it's a sedan) with all kinds of mods being offered by pwrsurge last month. Not sure what came of it though.
jmalixi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: