Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-09-2004, 11:10 PM   #1
RigsPGT
1st Gear Newbie

Car wants to die in gear while WOT

Hi everyone!

Im having this problem with my 89IX. U start the car, its fine, As soon as u put it on Drive or any gear, even Reverse, the engine just wants to die eventhough u have ur foot on the floor. If u put it on PARK, floor it until redline, it will do so without hesitating or sometimes after this operation, ( put on D,R and P) it will idle bad until u restart the engine. What do you think it is causing it? A friend of mine whos a mechanic at Jaguar, told me to get a new Fuel Pump Relay but i dont have any idea. I already put those gas antifreze and a bottle of injector cleaner and none of them worked.

Posibble things :

bad TPS--- hmmm the engine revs fine while in Park
fuel filter -- maybe but i doubt it cause it only has like 5k miles in it
Fuel Pump --- that one is also replaced 5k's ago
Clogged cat --- also the thing doesnt die all the times (except when put on gear) so im still

Any idea on it? I really need this up and running, dont want to drive my PGT on snow

Red 1994 Probe GT, KLZE engine, DXD clutch, AWR MMs, Eibachs, Hot Shot Headers +CAI, 2.5" Exhaust with Magnaflow HF converter, 65mm TB, 12" front rotors with Hawk pads, X drilled Brembos, Sleepy eye projectors, kenwood sound.

T3T04E in progress
Got to love 5psi on a 200HP N/A engine
RigsPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:57 AM   #2
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Did the e30's come with distributors or coil packs??
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
RigsPGT
1st Gear Newbie

I changed the Fuel Filter today but the symptoms are still the same. That engine has an external coil, so there are 7 wires running. I dont know much about BMW disty's since i have a history of 5 Probes, but that thing wants to die as soon as i put it on Drive or any gears. Once u restart it, it would idle perfectly and rev good unless u try again to throw it on gears.

Red 1994 Probe GT, KLZE engine, DXD clutch, AWR MMs, Eibachs, Hot Shot Headers +CAI, 2.5" Exhaust with Magnaflow HF converter, 65mm TB, 12" front rotors with Hawk pads, X drilled Brembos, Sleepy eye projectors, kenwood sound.

T3T04E in progress
Old 01-17-2004, 05:42 AM   #4
RigsPGT
1st Gear Newbie

The other day i cleaned the MAF sensor and the TB (throtle Body), also added a new air filter but nothing has changed. Im coming to a conclusion that the MAF sensor is the cause of my problem. Anyone can address me to a cheap one around here or somewhere online?

T3T04E in progress

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: